Refund?

SnowFury

I would go ahead and send the team a message and see, if you backed by Kickstarter, that is generally a binding thing once it has completed (but I have never tried to get a refund from them, so who knows). I can't say whether you will have any luck or not mate, but give it a shot. 

2 minutes ago, Myriad said:

It's weird that someone would want a refund after founder sales end.

Sure, but maybe they spent money they have just now realized they actually need to survive, or, pay for something else that is more vital. 
Or they backed early on, and have just seen the game go a direction they do not appreciate. 
It's not my place to assume, but if I were too it would be one of the above. 

I think that at this point, it is up to NovaQuark whether they allow refunds or not. Legally speaking, I don't think you can require a crowdfunded project to give refunds unless the project has either failed to deliver, or in some way substantially changed from what was originally pitched. Since neither of these conditions is currently applicable here I believe it is up to the creators if they want to give refunds or not. I would contact them

25 minutes ago, Anasasi said:

Sure, but maybe they spent money they have just now realized they actually need to survive, or, pay for something else that is more vital. 
Or they backed early on, and have just seen the game go a direction they do not appreciate. 
It's not my place to assume, but if I were too it would be one of the above. 

For sure, though I see backing as an investment. Before any investment you weigh the pros and cons then make a decision. I don't think anyone should be entitled to a refund if they changed their minds. 

Any final decision though would be up to the devs. Who knows a good reason/story could change their minds.

• 1 year later...