It's time for .. DUCON '18 .. Start planning!

blazemonger

So now that pledges are done and we're all waiting for the 30th (Are we there yet?!), can we start talking Dual Universe Player Meetup or DUCON '18 ??

Can't start planning soon enough IMO.. Somewhere somewhat central.. and affordable .. or just fun.. Vegas maybe? London? Paris? Latter two not so much affordable I guess.. Doing Vegas will probably be cheaper than either even when you travel from Europe (I'm serious.. been there done that several times)  .. Dublin would actually also be good as it's central to both US and EU, has good facilities and is not crazy expensive. 

So share your thoughts.. and ideas..

In French, "Ducon" is... an unflattering appelation of someone you deem of a lesser intellect.

Although Dual Universe is internationally oriented, it has french origins and no frenchman will look at that name without a chuckle.

Hey, instead of the Devs spending money on Vegas and circle-jerking conventions to showcase the "Alpha 3.0", how about they actually spend that money for, you know, developement? Maybe have a game before the conventions start, yeah?

21 minutes ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

Hey, instead of the Devs spending money on Vegas and circle-jerking conventions to showcase the "Alpha 3.0", how about they actually spend that money for, you know, developement? Maybe have a game before the conventions start, yeah?

Never said NQ needs to fund anything.. 

Actually will be in Vegas for EVE Vegas in a month.. While DU will be on the laptop it'll probably be under NDA so restricted to the solitude of my hotelroom :P

English (Translator used)

Hello blazemonger,
within the framework of the trade fairs such meetings are possible again and again (for example PAX).

German (orginal)

Hallo blazemonger,

im Rahmen der Messen sind solche Treffen doch immer wieder möglich (z.B. PAX).

Die Waldfee

If we do some kind of unofficial gathering, I'd rather have it be somewhere in EU, or in general anywhere else but the US.

It's kind of a scary prospect to travel to the US as a non US citizen these days, I'd rather have the gathering in Syria or something at this point...

2 hours ago, LurkNautili said:

If we do some kind of unofficial gathering, I'd rather have it be somewhere in EU, or in general anywhere else but the US.

It's kind of a scary prospect to travel to the US as a non US citizen these days, I'd rather have the gathering in Syria or something at this point...

Not to be rude, but why is it a scary prospect?

4 hours ago, Peregrin said:

In French, "Ducon" is... an unflattering appelation of someone you deem of a lesser intellect.

Although Dual Universe is internationally oriented, it has french origins and no frenchman will look at that name without a chuckle.

What Peregrin said. Please don't use DUCON. Im already laughing.

Please don't use DUCON.

Also, I do not support a full Dual Universe focused convention until the game has launched. To do so would be to waste valuable development resources. Not to mention there would be little to have at the convention...

I'm fine with meet ups at the trade shows and other, small events, but I would be very disappointed to see a convention put on by NQ before the game has fully launched.

On 9/8/2017 at 6:05 AM, Peregrin said:

Sounds like it would be more memorable... and if it's held in a French speaking area, I imagine more people will wander over... wondering what the heck they were thinking :P

For real though, why can't it just be a Dual Universe Convention.  I've always liked everything plainly stated.  I've never liked Citizencon either... Star Citizen convention would be preferred for me.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned, it doesn't need to sound fancy imho.

I also don't think a convention put on by NQ would be more beneficial than the amount of work that's required to put it on.  The "wow" factor of indie devs putting on shows has warn off I think.  The most important outreach is through up to date videos and keeping the community informed of problems and what needs to be done.  Star Citizen seems to be lacking in that regards lately.  They seem to think flashy means we will forgive the rest.