End of Founder Packs

Eclipse913

Congratulations to everyone who pledged, and put aside their time to help Dual Universe create it's mark on the MMO and gaming community!

As of 8/09/2017 6:06PM (AEST) We have raised 849,493 with 10,218 backers!(Just 507 short of 850K)!

I look forward to what comes next, and I wish NQ/Dual Universe the very best in the years to come. :D

DU FOUNDER PACKS END.PNG

I was planning to get a gold pack so I posted to ask a couple questions about what was going to be in the pre-alpha. My post wasn't "approved" by a mod until over a week after I posted it, and at that point you could no longer buy the founder packs. I ended up not buying a founder pack because of the poor service on the forum, which is kinda sad. I do still look forwards to playing the game in the future, but I wasn't about to spend over 100$ on a game when the forum mods can't even approve a post asking questions about the game.

Not sure if this is the right place to complain about this, but I'm a bit disappointed in them is all.

I - with the limited view or perspective of the consumer - advise them to expand on the team regardless, if possible. I loosey recall statements made by them about it earlier, if I don't mix them up, but regardless having perhaps one additional community related mod or similar or shifting staff around so the existing ones can focus on it more again might be helpful.

I do not need to be spoon-fed, for example, but being fast with responses or being proactive can be crucial for some other people who consider pledging. It can, perhaps, make or break newcomers or people that stay.

A lot, the community can do in a way, such as replying to newbie questions, but in some cases like above you simply need mods or an official presence to deal with things or to be notable. I'm not complaining but see slight room for improvements.

Again, that is from the customer or "end consumer" POV. I'm certain NQ has their hands full, so maybe relocating or adding (human) resources can help a bit. Time will tell, I hope everything will be on a good track continuously.

So far, so good.

I know this is not recruiting, but....

Alexanderyou, you can always join a quality DU Organization for discussion.  Say, SilverLight Industries.  We plan on having delightful salt mines where you can play all day long for us.  We will pipe in some nice music, maybe.

2 hours ago, Lethys said:

@alexanderyou that's sad, but to their defense: they're a smalllot team, preparing for alpha, just returning from gamescon in cologne and pax west....So yeah, their timetable is full. Rest assured they do everything they can

Yeah I know they're a small team and are busy working on stuff to do with the game, and I'm excited about it, but I imagine the forum staff is somewhat separate from the game development staff and would expect a more prompt response, especially on a question from someone thinking about supporting the game.

1 hour ago, Warden said:

-snip-

I do not need to be spoon-fed, for example, but being fast with responses or being proactive can be crucial for some other people who consider pledging. It can, perhaps, make or break newcomers or people that stay.

-snip-

Yep. I would've bought the gold pack if my post with questions on the game had been answered. That it didn't even get approved to post until after the founder's pack wasn't purchasable anymore is really just them losing over 100$ for something that would've taken less than a minute to check over.