looking for landmark players

Growller

Hey!  We've got a few LM players in my Org.  You're more than welcome to join up with us if you like.  PM me if you have any questions about anything.  Either way, look forward to seeing you in game.  We're all twitching to get our hands on those voxels!

Oops, forgot the link to our org!  https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/the-outfit

Hello Growller

I am a Former landmark builder

Check out my post about the same topic. 

are you a member of the Alpha team ??

from what i can see of the game engine we will have the same abilities as we did in landmark. we need to work closely with the Dev team to get the building tools working as good or better then landmark. as for Alpha team vangard, if you have former landmark players in your Org they are the experts at building with voxels. check out this sample video of what will be possible to build in DU.

43 minutes ago, Damian_Firecaster said:

Hello Growller

I am a Former landmark builder

Check out my post about the same topic. 

are you a member of the Alpha team ??

from what i can see of the game engine we will have the same abilities as we did in landmark. we need to work closely with the Dev team to get the building tools working as good or better then landmark. as for Alpha team vangard, if you have former landmark players in your Org they are the experts at building with voxels. check out this sample video of what will be possible to build in DU.

Damn man I did not even know this video existed and one of the builds I helped make was in it ... amazazazing video!!! RIP Landmark you will be missed.

16 hours ago, Growller said:

Was wondering if any other Landmark players where around .One of the 1st things that interested me about DU with the similarity in the building system

If it is like landmark im gona hit the ground running :)

Former Landmark player here. I still miss that game from time to time. Yes, the apparent similarities in building caught my eye too. I'm not sure I will hit the ground running myself, but I am looking forward to seeing what can and will be done. Like Landmark, this feels like unchartered territory. Something new, and intriguing with promise.

look for me guys in DU, I plan on Exploring the planet looking for resources. if i find any rare stuff I will let you guys know. my org is "Core Worlds Coalition" I plan on calming territory at the edge of the safe zone, building the SS Ram as soon as possible so I can head out to space and check out the opposite Side of the planet and  check out the moon for rare resources.  

I first played Landmark when it first entered early access.  Wish it had become more than it had :)

Had some great times in there.

Hope you enjoy DU, as I'm sure you will.

Hey that's my build at 1:20! :lol:

That video makes me happy, and sad, and angry all at the same time though.  

I really do miss that game.  I don't miss the emotional roller coaster.  But i miss just about everything else.  Especially the music.  I'm going to have to put on some Jeremy Soule in the background while i'm building in DU to get those old creative voxel juices flowing.

It's going to be fun to have a social/creative game like Landmark to play again.

Landmark Player here. Yeah, i thinking a lot about Landmark.. and looking forward more and more for playing Dual Universe. Many good Builder around at our Community (e.g. Lady Astrum <3 I'm a Fanboy sorry :D), the Buildings will be awesome!

You guys should know that there are (former, of course) Landmark Community Heads and Devs following Dual Universe (and dare I say, backing the game?). 

It's definitely gotten their attention, which says a lot to me about the potential for Dual Universe. They totally get it, so I know we're not completely crazy here. 

31 minutes ago, yamamushi said:

You guys should know that there are (former, of course) Landmark Community Heads and Devs following Dual Universe (and dare I say, backing the game?). 

It's definitely gotten their attention, which says a lot to me about the potential for Dual Universe. They totally get it, so I know we're not completely crazy here. 

Yeah, totally get it, I guess so, I mean for them to be former SOE employees, it means they were actually the soul of SOE. 

6 hours ago, Growller said:

Yes the time I spent in landmark I will never forget. the video is amazing, and the name Tenma will always gain my respect, I hope he joins us in DU

I hope he joins up too!  I learned so much from that guy.  Couldn't have built half the stuff I did without him.

4 hours ago, Dhara_Elysande said:

I hope he joins up too!  I learned so much from that guy.  Couldn't have built half the stuff I did without him.

Tenma is bae. The guy from Landmark Explorers was enjoyable to watch as well. Really creative bunch all of them.

Sad to see it go :( although it really was only a staging ground for EQ Next's content.
It was EQ Next I wanted to get stuck in to ... dam these big corporate types!