Introducing Aesir, The game explorer

Aesir

Hello Everyone,

Let's do it short, not as usual. I am Aesir, yet an old pseudo but I like the grammar and pronunciation is fairly the same whatever your tongue.

I played, like a lot of us, thousands of games of any kinds. I am 29 yo, and guess what, my first MMO was Dark age of Camelot at its very beginning i was 13 yo, not very impressive you would say. But back in that time internet was very expensive and slow as FK. Since I played a lot of MMO, not all of them, but I tried most of them (even some very bad one).
So obviously yes, I played EvE online my main char was born in 2007, I still play with it from time to time.
I played also Minecraft, Robocraft and other "DIY" games, I won't say Sandbox, not because I don't like the concept, but rather that what I do love is building my own machine and express my creativity with big guns (Did I say I'm a male ?).

Guess what, I am a engineer in real life now, in computer science, mechanics and electronics, make sens right ?

My favorite games ? Yet: Battlerite, Path of Exile (best game ever, I mean honestly the overall is fantastic), EvE Online (even if I get bored), and cooperative games in general (playing with a small team of 2 to 6 guys).

And finally, I am encyclopedia man: I read, learn, know everything about the game I like, from game-play mechanics to Health point curve progress and so on. Then I do the math and optimize, in my way ...

I basically spend as much time learning and doing theory-craft than as playing. I like to find the limit and play with them.

Giving that, Dual Universe seems to be the prefect game for me, despite one or two things but I have the feeling that Novaquark really love their game and want to offer the best for players, that is probably the most important ingredient for a great game.

So I pledged (gold :s) to the crowdfunding, probably not a wise decision, but wise decision are often boring right ?

And here I am, to complain about balance, wrong gameplay direction and spit on bugs (but I'll create a ticket for all of them, no worries).

See you in Game,

Aesir

Welcome @Aesir to the forums! 

First off, you've probably seen the FAQ, but just incase.

Secondly, I'd like to say that you have the a lot of good points on your resume for this game.

Since you covered a lot of what you do, I'd like to say that you have very good ambitions and are set up pretty well to learn about this game. Since you are in pre-alpha and have just joined the forums, I would like to know what you are interested in doing? Are you simply going to do anything that you manage to come across as interesting, or do you have a specific goal in mind? These are just a couple questions that I like to ask, along with the question of the knowledge that you have gathered about this game. Since you have a craving for such knowledge, I'll redirect you to a list of interviews that have occurred in the past.

https://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Archive

I recommend you watch a couple and read the transcripts if they are available. I'm also going to guess that you have read the dev blogs and watched the dev diaries, in which case I would also direct you to search for written interviews that contain valuable information. Even if an interview is months old, it still has some use.

That is all I have to offer. Once again, welcome to Dual Universe!