How long is pre-alpha?

Saul Retav

36 minutes ago, Lethys said:

All speculation, we don't know yet.

I'd rather be in pre-alpha longer and test thoroughly than rushing things. But that's just my opinion

This.

Haven't received any official word on the time frame for their testing schedule, but one can expect a few months for each release. Alpha being the longest.

In an interview JC mentioned that approximately 2.000 player have access to Pre Alpha. I can't imagine that a few weeks or months will be enough to get all essential information. Looking at many other games I expect that Pre Alpha, Alpha and Beta will last longer than wanted.

As long as the game is in development and players see improvements and new features, they can call their releases what ever they want. .-)

English (Translator used)

we know that the pre-alpha on 30.9.2017 begins, how long pre-alpha will last is still uncertain. I think NQ has not pushed the alpha because of 2 weeks, there is probably still some work. You should therefore be on the 31.12.2017. You can have lots of fun in the Pre-Alpha!

German (orginal)

wir wissen das die Pre-Alpha am 30.9.2017 anfängt, wie lange Pre-Alpha dauern wird ist noch ungewiss. Ich denke NQ hat die Alpha nicht wegen 2 Wochen geschoben, da ist wohl noch etwas Arbeit. Man sollte sich daher eher auf den 31.12.2017 einschießen. Man kann in der Pre-Alpha jede Menge Spaß haben!

mfG Die Waldfee

I doubt we'll go to alpha this year. There will be so much feedback and things to do and fix there simply is no enough time. 

And no, that is not a bad thing. NQ needs to take their time in the early stages above all other as this will set the foundation for the game going forward.