About "Am I the only one who hates..." topics

Hi everyone,

Just a quick reminder:

There is a forum chart (available here) that each forum member is supposed to follow when posting.

In regards to some topics that have been recently removed, here are 2 lines no one should forget:

IV) Following actions can result in the immediate suspension of forum privileges:

e. Posting hate speeches toward specific people."

Until now, as we have a mature community, the need of banning people wasn't necessary. But it might change, if this becomes necessary. We really don't like to play the police, we prefer a lot to have friendly discussions about the game with the community. But if we need to do it, we will enforce the rules.

@friendlytyrant03:

Saying you "hate" someone is already forbidden, even if you have good reasons.

But to hate people just because they want to play pirates in a game without knowing them, giving them intentions without talking to them, is sad and troubling. We sincerely hope this was not a serious statement. Anyway, wheither it was humour, serious, or just trolling, it's forbidden. We hope this is now crystal clear.

to others:

When you see a topic like this, please don't answer to it.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

While I would disagree with the right of Free Speech being infringed upon, I must remember this is a "closed" society - so in this case i differ to better judgement /\ NQ. 

Hopefully we do not need to go through all this again. 

When I read this... I thought Nyzaltar made a.. "Am I the only one who hates topics" as a form of ultimate satire.

Either way, I think everyone pulled together and in the end it wasn't so bad. The follow ups were satire I hope nobody got in trouble.

I agree though, were players, they're developers, were a community.

Stay humble, dont push the devs for things just because we think were important or have power bloc's of players. Just be a human and ask like normal if there is something you want and let Nyzaltar give an honest answer if they think that fits for THEIR game. Don't be mad if they give you an answer you don't want, find a new way forward.

Don't harass each other because it looks like someone found some level of success. All organisations grow differently in different ways, some people have social networking ability and other's dont. Lets aspire to friendly competition and not trying to spy on peoples real lives to degrade them in some way. Better to have friendly rivalries than something else.

I believe thats all I can add, just my opinion and plea for greater unity on the forums. I'm sorry if not everything I post is top notch quality anymore, I've just been campaigning to try and boost forum morale and keep people's attitude out of the garbage bin.

Once again, thanks Nyzaltar, keep up the good fight!

What are the chances of getting community forum moderators to cover the hours where NQ staff are not available to deal with issues?

I don't expect Nyzaltar to stay awake 24/7 watching the forums, on the other hand I can see issues arising from giving moderator privileges to the wrong people. 

What are the chances of getting community forum moderators to cover the hours where NQ staff are not available to deal with issues?

I don't expect Nyzaltar to stay awake 24/7 watching the forums, on the other hand I can see issues arising from giving moderator privileges to the wrong people. 

It was mentioned they we're hiring a new Community Manager, and potentially looking in to forum moderator staff to help out.