Hello to all from a programmer

dylanp1234

Hello guys,

since I bought the 135€ gold early-alpha access, I just wanted to say "hi" to everyone!

I am a programmer (webdesigner/webdeveloper) that really looks forward to playing this game (even though it's in pre-alpha). The fact that you can program things in this game really makes me eager to put a lot of time into this game since I like automate things and build some cool stuff via scripting into Dual Universe. On top of that I would like to join an organization that wants to put me into charge for programming their desired objects. Even though I want to program a lot, I still think it's cool to just fly around in a little ship.

So if there is any kind of organization that doesn't have a clue or the willing to program and is really in need of somebody like me then just let me know and I may want to join your crew! :)

See you in the game soon, I'm so excited!

Welcome to the community! It's great to have you dylanp1234.

It'll be great to have you in pre-apha as well! I assume you know quite a lot about game since you've made a pledge, but just incase, I would like to direct you to a couple sources. First off is a list that compiles most of the Dual Universe sources, such as interviews, forum posts by NovaQuark, or any other such information.

As well, you have probably already seen it since you have made a pledge, but the community portal is a great place to find organizations. I'd recommend you join the discord of any organization before you join, just to see how the group is. A lot of organizations are good, but you should really make sure that they are your type of people with similar goals. After all, you're sortof with them during pre-alpha!

Finally, I didn't introduce myself. I am MasteredRed. I'd like to ask you what languages you use for web-design? As well, are you a full stack developer? I'm interested because people who have skills like this in the community are greatly appreciated, as they make DU a more developed place for the people who join the community!

Once again, welcome to DU.

Hi dylanp1234 and welcome to the forums. If you're looking for an organization, check the community website to find what's ideal for you: https://community.dualthegame.com/

If you like PVP other than coding, check this one too, we're looking for a good programmer: https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/golden-fox-division

See you in DU ^_^

Thank you guys for welcoming me!

@MasteredRed asked some question that I am going to answer now:

"Are you a full-stack developer?"

- No, I am doing an apprenticeship as a programmer/webdev in a German financial institute. Therefore I am not doing everything by myself - we are building our programs on top of existing infrastructure.

(I do still like the idea of building everything by oneself from the ground up, even if that's not the complete meaning of a full-stack dev.)

"What languages you use for web-design?"

- I am a frontend and backend programmer. I am 'programming' the frontend in HTML, CSS, JS + JQuery. And I use the following languages for backend-programming: PL/SQL by Oracle because we use the Oracle DB. Some years ago (when I learned programming) I used MySQL and PHP to teach myself programming and databases.

On top of that, I know a fair amout of the Java language as I have been trying to build small 3D-Games written in Java using OpenGL (LWJGL).

Thanks again for your questions and I hope we'll meet ingame!