Construnct to Construct

mrfrazz

Has anything been confirmed about ship to ship communication? Will Players be able to tell have a carrier and they can flip a switch that will tell the little ships to run a script that unlocks the fighters? I know there is the permission system. But I was hoping that this might be a thing we can do with scripting. I know players have a instruction frequency, but it would be cool if we could add an extra layer to security or QOL to moving a bunch of fighters. Just load a script to your new ship and it sets itself to a specific location, based on where your ship says it's free. That's what I am hoping we can do. 

First of all, there is no merging of constructs (I am unsure if we can lock fighters in a carrier the way you think) in release. It is planned for one of the expansions tho.
We have no confirmation yet that constructs can communicate with each other, although as players can remotely control them it will probably be possible. Also, I think we saw an antenna once.
Scripting automated flight behavior will be possible, but extremely limited. You could assign small ships to get into position so the pilots get into them easier.

Scripting and the RDMS, the permission system, is strongly connected with each other. Additional layers of security will not be needed as the RDMS is unbreakable (from what we know at this point). As long as you don't assign the wrong roles to the wrong people of course.

I hope I was able to help

P.S. to the normal forum junkies, if I made a mistake, go on and let twerk kill me correct me

@MinerMax555

You are pretty much correct on your assumptions. While Construct to construct communication has never been explicitly confirmed, it has more than been hinted at, assumed, and generally accepted. 

As for merging, we assume there will be ways to dock. Beyond that though, no theories have been denied or confirmed. We have just been kindof theorizing about that one. There are some more things that I can go into deep assumptions about, but there is a time and a place for that. With alpha, most of our theories or assumptions will be answered.

Weapons will not have the ability to be automated. They will be completely controlled by players. There has been mention of an automated defense system for bases and such, but it would be extremely limited, extremely inefficient, and as of now, extremely vague.

I would be very interested in seeing some inter-construct communication. This is another gameplay feature that adds very little complexity for an extremely deep experience.

As far as docking goes, I believe that JC said that they weren't sure how they were supposed to handle the controls of the ships in that situation. I would suggest following a scheme akin to SE. Each construct is like a grid in SE. Each cockpit would control only each construct's (grid's) elements. So if the two constructs were giving competing movement commands, each cockpit would give its construct's thrusters the appropriate thrust values, and movement would be dictated by physics (who's got the most thrust?).

Surely if it can be applied to bases doesn't that mean it can be applied to anything? Unless this automated defense systems are only going to be available for anti - person where its a fixed build rather then something you can mess around with in the scripting systems. - because even if it is limited to base and the automated weapons are not large you could Potentially still apply them to ships as flax/point defense against enemy fighters.