Location Location Location

Miedein

So I just became a pledger. Got the gold package cause I really want in on the alpha. But I was looking at the screenshots and the videos and well. It got me thinking.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with these thoughts and maybe someone can even confirm some things to me. See. I'm one of those types that when it comes down to building up my main base of operations/home. It's location location location. I can quite literally see myself roaming around the planet for a few days on end trying to find that perfect spot. I like scenic views, rivers, water falls. Forests. Things like that. Now someone that's played a lot of space engineers, and I'm relieved to see that the water on the starting planet is actually water and not vast bodies of solid ice. (At least that's what I'm assuming based off the videos I've seen. 

But what I'm most curious about is, are there things like lakes, rivers, water falls. Those breath taking beautiful natural views of the scenery. I don't care if I have to travel miles upon miles on foot to find these little natural gems of beauty. But knowing things like that exist, will be enough to make me pick up a walking stick and go hiking to find them. 

Any others out there that think similar to what I do in terms of finding that perfect beautiful view? And can anyone confirm the existence of rivers/waterfalls?

Hi there and welcome

I'm not sure if they said anything about that but as there is no flowing water for now, I don't think there are waterfalls.

A beautiful view is always nice but remember: this isn't SE but a mmo. People can and will raid your base to.Get resources or just for fun. 

You're completely right with location though, but I think we'll not search for a good view, but for the best spot to hide theit entrance

I'm sure there are already stunning mountain and ocean views to be found in the game. However, as Lethys said, no moving water means no waterfalls at this time. However, moving water is something the devs have discussed adding in the future in a limited way, like with Minecraft.

It's also very important to remember that nothing in the game is final right now, including the planets themselves. The procedural generation algorithm will change before full launch, so don't go making any final judgments at this time. 

24 minutes ago, yamisniper said:

hey whats stoping you digging a trench near the water to see what the water does aka waterfall. even tho the water doesnt move i doubt that the water will float

The water just stays there. Or willthe float, as will mountains when you dig under them

Oh I'm not at all worried about someone trying to raid my place. I'm a very creative person after all when it comes to base defenses. Sure I'll likely get raided a couple times. But then I'll just analyze the break in points, check for the weak points. And then proceed to modify to make repeat attempts hell and not worth it. I'm not coming into this thinking its Space Engineers the MMO. I've got a few years of EVE under my belt as alliance fleet commander and I don't shy away from PVP either. When I build. I build for looks and security. ;) With traps hidden from all angles of view. 

Think of me as that crazy hermit out in the woods. You'd want my help with things, but would be afraid to come find me after rumors of missing people started popping up from the area around where I'm said to live.

Of course all this all is dependant on the mechanics we have to work with in terms of base and defense construction. But again. I'm creative and learn to adapt ^.^