Will there be an NDA on the Pre-Alpha?

Ellegon

Hi all,

I was wondering if there will be a NDA for the Pre-Alpha. I know a few people who are very interested in the game and they asked me if I can tell them more about it when the Pre-Alpha starts. But I don't want to tell them if I'm not allowed to (I take NDA's seriously). Anything know if it's ok or if it would be ok to even stream it?

Probably yes, Pre-Alpha is very far from perfect so you will find some bugs & errors on it.

And of course, the developer don't want to expose it to public because of that.

That's why they only give this access for several backer levels to appreciate their support

Yes

Because we are shifting from an Alpha to a Pre-Alpha test we may decide to ask all participants to sign an NDA and agree not to share information, screenshots or stream the game until the proper Alpha release. While we said there would be a high chance of not having any NDA for the Alpha, this Pre-Alpha is something else and we don’t feel it would be appropriate for streamers and viewers to judge Dual Universe based on this extremely early version. Once the game reaches a true Alpha stage the NDA will be lifted as we originally stated.

Cheers,

Comrademoco

Unless something drastically changes between now and 28 days from now, yes there will be an NDA. 

There is a very good reason for it too, and it's not entirely because of the fact that the game may be buggy. 

I'm sure they will elaborate on this in the coming weeks to the people who will have pre-alpha access. 

Source - I asked NQ at PAX about it. 

23 minutes ago, AUTO6PL said:

Will be NDA for pre-alpha stuff or till alpha - will it be ok to record pre-alpha stuff but wait to make it public till alpha premiere?

Depends on how the NDA is worded.

It might state you are not permitted to release any information from the pre-alpha at any time. A permanent NDA with no expiry date.

Most likely will be that you can record and release after the NDA is lifted. Be aware that you are responsible for the recording. So if someone gains access to it and makes it public, you are held accountable for breach of contract and subject to legal action.

Again it's all down to how the NDA is worded.

Don't take the risk. NDA's are serious business and could harm you, me, the community and the game we are currently invested in. 

We have created a pre alpha channel on our discord to communicate at any time. The channel is restricted to gold founders. I guess the NDA will say to give no information to others who have no access to the pre alpha so i think it will be legit.  How do you guys handle it?

I seem to recall them mentioning that there will be forums made for pre-alpha/alpha so that anyone currently in the game will be able to share feedback/etc. So I guess that is something you will likely be allowed to share.