Space Station Rotation

Growller

This is something we're not really sure about. There are dynamic and static constructs; dynamic constructs can move, regardless of any other factors. So an x-wing replica would be just the same as the huge space station seen in lots of promo stuff, if they are both built from dynamic core units. They can both orbit, move, etc. As for static constructs, it's not really known yet exactly how building with those will work; can you place one in space, and have whatever you built there just stay? Only time will tell... Or Novaquark. (but the way things are looking, probably time!)

Great question. I was wondering the same thing, hopefully NQ explains more about how orbital construction will work because right now we don't know much about how that will work. Will orbital stations have to have a modular design like the ISS in real life? meaning, will we have to launch the station into orbit as parts, and then have a ship of builders assemble it in orbit? or will we have some sort of method of building in space that won't require us to launch constructs in parts? I hope the devs at NQ can answer this for us soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually what would be really interesting to have a static base with rotating/moving parts. For example you have a sausage like station surrounded by rotating circles. 

This will make world less dead, as movement is a sign of life :)

On 8/31/2017 at 7:55 PM, ATMLVE said:

This is something we're not really sure about. There are dynamic and static constructs; dynamic constructs can move, regardless of any other factors. So an x-wing replica would be just the same as the huge space station seen in lots of promo stuff, if they are both built from dynamic core units. They can both orbit, move, etc. As for static constructs, it's not really known yet exactly how building with those will work; can you place one in space, and have whatever you built there just stay? Only time will tell... Or Novaquark. (but the way things are looking, probably time!)

I suspect in this sense, a static construct would be something attached to a planetoid. Like a building, landing pad, etc.

Would be weird maybe, if you could make a station static?

I'd love to see some spinning habitats on stations and ships though.

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine it will be some sort of pre made hub that we build. some sort of prefabricated part, that is then deployed from the inventory or ship. then you can build off of that hub. there will probably be like.. like a zone around the planet that you can build in. I don't imagine that all of empty space will be space station friendly.