Flats/Territory Sections

I´m sorry right away if there´s already existing a topic about this.

Well we know that its possible to build an entire city full of houses, skyscrapers, shops etc. but how does it works with flats or renting territories? 

Well if I want to live relatively cheap in flat, I would imagine that I could customize that specific flat to my desires. So if thats possible how NQ gonna implement that? Because you have to rent a specific territory part to a player so that he can customize it, but also still remaining your property.

Maybe thats way too complicate to implement, and its only done "manually" by the players.

So what do you think?

Btw sry for eventual errors in the text ^^

the RDMS system takes care of that:

Especially the second one describes it very well.

You can rent your space, but this would mean that player has access to or can build everywhere in that tile (hex tile = your territory = 0,65km²)

But I'm fairly sure you can grant access to a static construct too (=a building) and only let others change that one building for a monthly fee. 

First of all, welcome to the forums! 

I have been thinking about this as well in the past. Let's go a bit more into detail than Lethys and Shynras did.

The first idea I get from reading your text would be to create a series of apartments or flats you want to open for rent and assign each building a tag. Inside a building are multiple apartments. If a player wants to rent an apartment, he can pay a fee and be granted access to that building by the owner using the same tag as the building. He will then be able to customize the building if the tag grants these permissions. That will enable the player to access and customize the whole building however. Let's say you rent an apartment in a skyscraper, that would grant you access to a lot of apartments then. 

If you want to rent single apartments, you'd need a static core unit for each apartment that is each assigned a single tag. That creates difficulties, as different core units currently can't be connected. If you build a normal bulding with multiple apartments, you'd only be able to place a single core unit.

However, with the current system you might be able to bypass that a bit. You could create multiple apartments with their own core unit each that are floating above each other and are not connected. This would look dumb and probably nobody would want to rent that. So you can build the actual building around the apartments, kind of like a coat with its own core unit and an elevator or staircase or whatever. That would probably work and you could assign customers a tag for the building to only access and a tag for the single apartments for them to access and customize.

Of course all this is only theory and I might be talking a lot of shit. But in theory, it should also work if static core units work the same as dynamic core units and can't be connected.

19 hours ago, SimonVolcanov said:

I have an idea for this: Zoning. Like in Cities: Skylines for example, you simply can assign a "color" (number, whatever identifier" to a group of voxels which would then get their own RDMS

To identify a group of voxel you  need a static/dynamic core unit which already gives RDMS to the asset it results in.

On 31/08/2017 at 3:05 PM, SimonVolcanov said:

Sure, but the issue is compartmentalizing of constructs. If you build a whole apartment block with one core, how would you assign single apartments? 

If there are pinpad door lock elements, you could possibly use the RDMS to give a player permission to change the pinpad code for a certain period of time (e.g. 30 days)