€725 000 pledged

Lau2356

Hello, even if we did reach the bounty system because of the funding from private investors, I wanted to point out that I think we would've reached 725k anyway. We are now at €714,398 pledged so far and we have until the 7th of september to reach 725k. I simply wanted to say that it is incredible that we will reach (I hope so!) the last stretch goal, even without the funding of 3,7 million euros. At first, I did not think we could reach 725k but now it's quite possible and I think it's awesome. Leave your thoughts on this, do you think we will reach the goal ?

It would be cool if we can reach it as a symbolic goal. Pledges have increased a bit since the pre-alpha access announcement, so if the momentum continues I think it'll get there.

I haven't seen anything for DU out of Gamescom yet, but I know one of our guys got hands on with the demo so that's a plus.

And like others said, confirmation of Pre-Alpha has certainly made pledges jump. I think we'll hit that goal just fine, as long as some video comes out of Gamescom to get the hype rolling. All in all really glad to see it come this far. 

1 minute ago, Kuritho said:

I'm conflicted.

Should I be "that 1 person" who got ATV but never pledged?

Or should I break that little thing about me.

Do whatever you want. Not our place to judge those who NQ put in the ATV, so if you pledged or not I don't care, nor should anyone else. 

1 hour ago, Kuritho said:

I'm conflicted.

Should I be "that 1 person" who got ATV but never pledged?

Or should I break that little thing about me.

Could always snag a pledge on another account.  Make that your main, and after alpha is over I suppose this one would be a novelty ^^

5 hours ago, Ukoviaz said:

As stages of game play open up more and more funding will pour in...especially if they avoid rushing anything and listen to the fans.

I've visited the GC booth and had the chance to talk to the staff in person. It's an awesome team and otherwise than some other game developers (i won't mention any names, so please don't interpret something in that phrase) they work with passion instead just for money. I can safely say that they are not going to rush anything and will listen to the community in any case. :)

On 30/08/2017 at 2:48 PM, Ukoviaz said:

As stages of game play open up more and more funding will pour in...especially if they avoid rushing anything and listen to the fans.

This. As long as they listen to the community should be fine (cough cough CCP)

On 30/08/2017 at 8:36 PM, An0ubiS said:

I've visited the GC booth and had the chance to talk to the staff in person. It's an awesome team and otherwise than some other game developers (i won't mention any names, so please don't interpret something in that phrase) they work with passion instead just for money. I can safely say that they are not going to rush anything and will listen to the community in any case. :)

And this is a sad thing to me. There is ten of thousands of people pledged to titles like SC or NMS driven by commercials, and just us here, able to recognise the potential of NQ. I didn't have to meet them in person to tell it is a passion driven project. Meeting them would be an only bonus for me. I got all this impression only based on dev blogs alone. And I feel equally with sceptics trying to find a weak spot and compare them to above titles because they totally missing a big picture here.

7 hours ago, _devu_ said:

And this is a sad thing to me. There is ten of thousands of people pledged to titles like SC or NMS driven my commercials, and just us here able to recognise the potential of NQ. I didn't have to meet them in person to tell it is a passion driven project. Meeting them would be an only bonus for me. I got all this impression only based on dev blogs alone. And I feel equally with sceptics trying to find a weak spot and compare them to above titles because they totally missing a big picture here.

There will always be weak spots, in every single project, in every single game. But it's a good sign you try to and are not able to find some so far.

I would say that the difference between titles you mentioned and DU is, that NQ tries to create a stable running core system before they create all the details. And they don't get pressure from an extern publisher as in case of other huge studios. Those try to create a game where everything works at once (code, critical systems, graphics, animations, environment ... every single detail) before it even works fine, just because it's all about money ...

Not NQ (and I would say, in case of development progress, not RSI as well), it's an indie studio. They do not have to rush just to throw that game on a glutted market, but they have a roadmap and suitable dates they try to adhere to. And they have a huge and supporting community sharing their passion.

In my opinion, it's too soon to talk about deficiencies of the game itself at this point of developement.

Well this is Dual Universe. I was talking to another member of the community the other day, and through both our experiences with the game and the people working on it, I said something.

This has got to be a rare exception in gaming.

Those weren't my exact words, but it was what I was going to try to iterate. This game, without much advertising at all(basically none by advertising standards) has managed to foster a community, generate over three quarters of a million euros(Getting close to a million in USD), and has really become something special. It isn't a miracle, but it's really a spectacle.

4 hours ago, MasteredRed said:

This game, without much advertising at all(basically none by advertising standards) has managed to foster a community, generate over three quarters of a million euros(Getting close to a million in USD)

Just imagine how much more they would need if they did advertise their arses off.

I think this was the better approach, for this game anyway. It means the alpha community is made up of those actually interested in the game rather than someone who follows the hype train (NMS is the example I will use, but there are others). We will have to see if the strategy changes closer to beta and release.