Are We There Yet? - Guess DU release date

DaSchiz

This is only day 3 since I found out about this little gem and I already can't wait for this game.  I find myself asking ARE WE THERE YET?

Sooooo ... I know this is early but anyone want to guess a release date?

I am guessing July 2018.

ALPHA : Before Star Citizen's release.

BETA : Before Star Citizen's release.

Full release : Before Star Citizen's release.

Gameplay Overhaul, 10-year anniversary : Before Star Citizen's release.

Jesus, I almost spit my coffee out this morning when I read this. I should of known someone would do it...

I assume release will be 2018 time frame. I know Alpha starts early 2017, and that in between is a lot of testing. 

I find myself asking ARE WE THERE YET?

Sadly no :P

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/841-ask-us-anything-event/page-2#entry13856

Can you give us a list with all features that are currently implemented and how they work or how you want them to work?

We already have an advanced voxel planetary engine with procedural generation, server-synchronized building and mining. We are also running a lot of stress tests on our servers to ensure that our multipayer technology will allow the continuous single shard universe we are aiming at. All the tests made show pretty good metrics for now. Our current focus is to make building and piloting mechanics smooth, user-friendly, fun and challenging in a MMORPG environment. Of course, this is just the beginning as many other gameplay features are in the pipeline.

ALPHA : Before Star Citizen's release.

BETA : Before Star Citizen's release.

Full release : Before Star Citizen's release.

Gameplay Overhaul, 10-year anniversary : Before Star Citizen's release.

"I always trust the Captain to provide me with a reason to fall backwards laughing!"

Only thing I have seen concrete is 1st quarter 2017 alpha is hoped to be going. Very few chosen to alpha test then.

Do I understand it right? Alpha release won't be opened for anyone who want to participate? There's gonna be list for few selected chosen ones? If so, how to get on that list?

I haven't waited for any game like I'm waiting for DU, it would be a shame not being able to start DU experience right with alpha launch. Of course participation shouldn't be free of charge... DU won't rise without real support... Jesus, I don't believe I'm saying that. I remember WoW launch, I promised myself I will never pay for game on monthly basis and I never had. Idea of DU changed my approach to the subject, that means something!

About date... 25th of December 2016 alpha, 25th of December 2017 beta, 25th of December 2019 full release. I'm rather optimistic.

As far as I know, those who will participate in the Alpha release are hand picked by NQ. To get on their 'list', you have to contribute. Participate in the community, be friendly, be helpful. This doesn't mean those with the highest post count (*cough* *cough* @CaptainTwerkmotor) So don't think you'll get chosen by upping your post count. Saying you'll get chosen is also wrong. It's about wanting to help the game's development. It's not just about getting to play early.  It's called Alpha 'testing' for a reason. :)

Do I understand it right? Alpha release won't be opened for anyone who want to participate? There's gonna be list for few selected chosen ones? If so, how to get on that list?

I haven't waited for any game like I'm waiting for DU, it would be a shame not being able to start DU experience right with alpha launch. Of course participation shouldn't be free of charge... DU won't rise without real support... Jesus, I don't believe I'm saying that. I remember WoW launch, I promised myself I will never pay for game on monthly basis and I never had. Idea of DU changed my approach to the subject, that means something!

About date... 25th of December 2016 alpha, 25th of December 2017 beta, 25th of December 2019 full release. I'm rather optimistic.

Please forgive my double post but...

Alpha and Beta will probably be in the same year :)

According to NQ's rough estimate at least.

As far as I know, those who will participate in the Alpha release are hand picked by NQ. To get on their 'list', you have to contribute. Participate in the community, be friendly, be helpful. This doesn't mean those with the highest post count (*cough* *cough* @CaptainTwerkmotor) So don't think you'll get chosen by upping your post count. Saying you'll get chosen is also wrong. It's about wanting to help the game's development. It's not just about getting to play early. It's called Alpha 'testing' for a reason. :)

Ohh, good to know, thanks Dominar! So I'll have to arm myself into more patience.

As far as I know, those who will participate in the Alpha release are hand picked by NQ. To get on their 'list', you have to contribute. Participate in the community, be friendly, be helpful. This doesn't mean those with the highest post count (*cough* *cough* @CaptainTwerkmotor) So don't think you'll get chosen by upping your post count. Saying you'll get chosen is also wrong. It's about wanting to help the game's development. It's not just about getting to play early. It's called Alpha 'testing' for a reason. :)

Ohh, good to know, thanks Dominar! So I'll have to arm myself into more patience.

I'll be doing my best as well. I would love to be part of the Alpha testing phase. 

This is only day 3 since I found out about this little gem and I already can't wait for this game.  I find myself asking ARE WE THERE YET?

Sooooo ... I know this is early but anyone want to guess a release date?

I am guessing July 2018.

0:13 xD

Cracks me up every time