Jump to content
Rafiki

Simple but detailed Questions

Recommended Posts

If you are asking if you can build in the ark ship bubble, then the answer is yes. If you are asking can we take control of those tiles inside the bubble, the answer is yes as far as I remember, still have to find a territory control unit to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

refer to the AMA, pt 2:

 

Quote

There is approximately 20-30KM radius of safe zone around the Ark, are these Hexes Controllable with a T.C.U.? If not, can anyone build on or destroy my built items?
We plan to make the territory tiles inside the Safe Zone claimable, yes!

 

IIRC jc said in some interview too, that they want to put a fee on each of those tiles per month (with ingame money - very expensive) to prevent people from just taking the best spots and not using them.

 

EDIT: oh it was in AMA pt 3 lol

Quote

As we can't destroy anything in a safe zone, how will you prevent the territories to be occupied by players that have left the game?
We have currently several ideas to tackle this problem (construct wear affecting territory units, upkeep cost to maintain the territory claim, etc), but we haven't made our final decision yet on this topic. We are still in the phase where we ponder the Pros and Cons of each idea. If you have other ideas on the matter, we are open to suggestions!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SimonVolcanov said:

In that case, the org that secures the most of the safe zone will probably become one of the most powerful...

I would disagree with this, even if you can afford the upkeep and such on the territory units to take all the spots around the arkship would be a bad move by an org, at least imo. We as a community aren't going to stay close to the arkship, nor will the resources around the arkship be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine the safe zone tiles would become the equivalent of owning land in Archeage, since no one would be able to attack you to get that land.

 

As Lethys said:

48 minutes ago, Lethys said:

IIRC jc said in some interview too, that they want to put a fee on each of those tiles per month (with ingame money - very expensive) to prevent people from just taking the best spots and not using them.

 

Which is part of what Archeage does with their player-ownable land. You get charged a monthly in-game tax for owning the land.

 

In Archeage you also get charged exponentially more for owning multiple plots of land at the same time, to prevent people from becoming land barons and owning all of the land. I think NQ should also make that a rule for the safe zone tiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you can claim safe zone tiles but there is a tax on them that goes up the more tiles in the safe zone are claimed. There will also be well over 1000 tiles in the safezone. 

 

The main advantage of building in the safe zone is that your stuff is safe and it's a central location in the game world. 

 

It will likely be mostly parking lots, markets and warehouses 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really fond of the idea of paying an expensive tax each month even if I understand the reason behind it because if the price is too steep, it would'nt be fair to only have rich people owning safezone tiles, it will also make it more difficult to acquire a safezone in the beginning which seems already a difficult task.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bluestorm said:

I'm not really fond of the idea of paying an expensive tax each month even if I understand the reason behind it because if the price is too steep, it would'nt be fair to only have rich people owning safezone tiles, it will also make it more difficult to acquire a safezone in the beginning which seems already a difficult task.

Not many people will own territory, orgs willwido do. 1 or 2 tiles may not be that expensive.

First come, first serve I'd say. There are only like 1800 tiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it would be sad if only a handfull of big organisations get all the tiles and none is left for medium or small orgs

 

The price of the tiles will say it all but I'm worried with the "very expensive" mention :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its all speculation on our part right now, we can only guess at what NQ will do based on other games and what has been said. but no game mechanics have been mentioned. A lot of orgs may only want 1 title in the ark zone at all for a recruitment center. only the orgs like ODY and SLI that are in the business of ship building and trading are going to possibly want more than one. and groups like that will leave the rdms pretty open because they want the traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Soro said:

It will be interesting to see what the taxes are. A pertinent part of that question also would be how large is a tile?

1KM... hexagon. Can't remember if it is 1KM sides, 1KM diameter or 1KM radius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bluestorm said:

Well it would be sad if only a handfull of big organisations get all the tiles and none is left for medium or small orgs

 

The price of the tiles will say it all but I'm worried with the "very expensive" mention :/

 

Well the whole point of the exponential pricing is that it makes it easy to own 1 or 2 tiles but very expensive to own a lot of tiles.

 

Here's an example of how exponential pricing works:

----------------------------------------------

In this case I'm going to assume the operation to find the tax is just your current tax multiplied by 2 starting at 1000 Quanta for the first tile

(I don't know what equation they're going to use, it probably won't be this but I'm just making an example)

 

 

So if I own 1 tile I'm paying 1000 Quanta a month

 

If I buy another tile, now I have to pay 2000 Quanta in taxes.

 

If I buy a third tile, now I have to pay 4000 Quanta in taxes.

 

4th tile = 8000

 

5th tile = 16000

 

6th tile = 32000

 

So you can see how an org owning a lot of safe tiles would get ridiculously expensive for them. There won't be orgs with hundreds of tiles under this system. A filthy rich org might have 10, which would be 1% of the total available tiles.

 

Also owning just 1 tile would be relatively inexpensive, but this isn't something where every player is going to have their own safe tile. If you want to operate only in the safe zone, it would probably be smart to figure out who's going to own that land and try to get in their org.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrjacobean said:

1KM... hexagon. Can't remember if it is 1KM sides, 1KM diameter or 1KM radius

1KM radius if I recall right

 

Also :

 

@Vellnn Indeed if they implemented exponential taxes it would be reasurring but nothing official has been said yet on the matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taxes exponentially growing the more land you own is a good choice for the safezone (not for pvp zones though). Still, it can be abused by giving ownerships to alts or friends to reduce the exponential increment, so they need to find a solution for that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Shynras said:

Taxes exponentially growing the more land you own is a good choice for the safezone (not for pvp zones though). Still, it can be abused by giving ownerships to alts or friends to reduce the exponential increment, so they need to find a solution for that.  

easy make it have to be owned by an org. doubtful an individual will hold a single tile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_War_Doctor said:

easy make it have to be owned by an org. doubtful an individual will hold a single tile.

may upset someone and doesn't solve the problem, you can create more orgs just to hold tiles

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bluestorm said:

1KM radius if I recall right

 

Also :

 

@Vellnn Indeed if they implemented exponential taxes it would be reasurring but nothing official has been said yet on the matter

1km diameter iirc

 

1 hour ago, Shynras said:

may upset someone and doesn't solve the problem, you can create more orgs just to hold tiles

 

Don't see a problem. Just make it extremely expensive after 2nd tile. If people split, so what. You can't balance this properly as players who start in 5years won't ever have a chance to get a tile at all. And you can't give them a right to buy in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lethys said:

Don't see a problem. Just make it extremely expensive after 2nd tile. If people split, so what. You can't balance this properly as players who start in 5years won't ever have a chance to get a tile at all. And you can't give them a right to buy in

 

I'm just saying that an exponential increase doesn't work, because people will just create alts to hold land and they'll not pay that amount. So at that point it's better to have a costant increment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shynras said:

 

I'm just saying that an exponential increase doesn't work, because people will just create alts to hold land and they'll not pay that amount. So at that point it's better to have a costant increment.

 

True, the ownership of a tile could be purchased by a ghost organisation then they could give all rights but ownership to the main org making them get all the benefit without the increase int tax

 

Having controls in place against that will only hinder the organisation and right system like preventing communities (organisation of orgs like nations or alliances) to share rights on multiple tiles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We donthave know yet what nq will do. And it doesn't matter if it's a lienear or exponential increase, people will make ghost orgs (so will I) - there may be many benefits in doing so. I don't hope for this though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps NQ can create a special TU that only works in the arkship safezone. Only allow 1 of these to be deployed per account, and make it so that they have very limited delegation options.

 

I'm not sure that I like the idea of the biggest org's having 100% safe primary bases (corporate HQ's, warehouses, manufacturing facilities and arsenals) in the safezone, while the rest of the player base has to deal with security issues in the "open world".

 

The big org's will be far wealthier than the average citizen, so the proposed escalating rental costs for claiming multiple hexes in the safe zone is unlikely to present a significant hurdle. There are also a multitude of "workarounds" that can be used to claim vast tracts of land for the use of one group.

 

The arkship safezone is supposed to be a place where new players can find their feet and prepare themselves for their life in the open world. It should not be a place where powerful organisations can potentially setup bases that are not able to be attacked, whilst the peasants are cast out into the wilderness to fend for themselves...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...