Closed and thank you!

Nitro

This forum is now closed. After researching and talking with many members and leaders from different organizations. I have made my choice and applied and been accepted. Thank you to everyone who posted on my forum and PM with their information. I met a lot of good people and a welcome community. I look forward to gaming it up with many of you and making new friends.

Thank you and be safe.

Nitro

Hi Nitro,

Welcome here and thanks for supporting the game.

You have to know that the alpha will not have all the gameplay. As example, you will have building, but not PvP.

So, about organisations, what are you looking for to play in Dual Universe ? (builder, fighter, buisness man, pirate...)

You can find all the organisations here : https://community.dualthegame.com/organizations

I'm in Objective Driveyards, there is a very good ambience.

We have a Discord, a website, many active players ready for the alpha.

Our goal is to become the star in ship design and marketing, and we have a place for every kind of friendly player (miner, explorer, pilot, builder...)

Welcome to the forums and the community Nitro,

If you are looking for a more nation/government type of org where you can take part in the larger org itself or form a smaller org within then you should check us out at the DUA, we are small right now but are more focused on the structure of our group before the game comes out. Come join us in Discord or read more about us on our comm page

Diverse Unified Accord

Welcome to the community :) I advise you to look around and talk to a large number of people and groups and see which ones you enjoy :)

I will say that Band of Outlaws matches all your points pretty well. We are a fun loving group, but when things get serious we can go to battle mode real quick

Hi and welcome to the community.

Consider using this thread for your request, Nitro. It might gain some "traction" and possibly serve as go-to thread for future seekers, streamlining the process in the long-run. Feel free to also give feedback on the thread and content, should you decide to use it or not (a link to the attached feedback thread can be found in there).

Thanks for your and anyone else's consideration:

Thank you for all the replies and PMs. I will be going through them all and will respond accordingly. Members of the forums, feel free to PM or leave a message on the board on your organization if you are still looking for a member or help in leadership. Thank you again!

First, welcome to the community! We're in for a fun time as Dual Universe starts picking up speed from September out. 

Organizations: Arguable, here in pre-alpha, a central part of the metagame. There's many many options to choose from, and even more ideas circulating around. I would definitely take a look through some of the more active orgs on the community portal as Elildar linked above, but don't feel like there's a huge rush to join an organization as soon as possible. It's perfectly fine to step back, take a look at all your options, and if you choose, wait until alpha or later to decide if there's really one that draws you in and is right for you.

But to continue the trend, I will add that the organization which I am part of, the Cinderfall Syndicate, is a fair-sized community of fantastic people. Yes, we're very extra and occasionally take things a bit far for an unreleased game, but we do like to have a bit of fun as well. We've got around 20 wonderful Member Organizations currently, and a good proportion of individual members as well. I believe it does fulfill all of the parameters above as well, so we have that :) You can also check us out on our website https://www.cinderfall.net 

Cheers!

Thank you again for all the PMs and messages on the forum. I am still in process of browsing all your Great Organizations. A lot of good work and great ideas. A lot of info thrown at my way but its looking great.

Nitro

I am still browsing everyone's organizations. Thank you for your patience. It was a lot of info thrown at me. There are a lot of nice people and so far the response has been great from the community.

I might be a little late to the party with this, but while you're browsing, maybe you can browse about my org, The Freelancers! We're a (really small)(looking to be slightly small) mercenary organization, renting out our services for all activities, respectable and... questionable. We have a discord, no teamspeak, and I like to think I'm pretty funny. our community page

Even if you don't wanna join, welcome to Dual Universe!

2 hours ago, Lord_Void said:

Void Republic no longer exists if I recall

You could say it is null and ...

(•_•) 

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

... void.

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH

Sorry, felt fitting.

-----------

When in doubt, play with the folks or keep looking, compare between the groups, actively ask them questions, look past the sometimes overly optimistic ads or read between the lines (at least, that is what I often see in Star Citizen) and in due time, you will find something where you feel happy.

And if it's not the right thing: Hey, no one is forcing you to join one organization and then stay in it forever.

Gaming since the 90's, I like that. I wasn't very good but I had a blast in star wars galaxies, never really enjoyed anything else until warhammer online which just couldn't make it. If you like old school camaraderie and don't want a bunch of childish cunts making pranks and meta gaming you and all that shit, lets talk.

if you hated NGE, disliked WoW in general, cant stand the F2P shift in gaming, think PlanetSide 2 is half baked and lackluster compared to PS1, or think that the Battlefield series has been on the downside since 1942. If you think modern gamers are pushovers to the companies, lets talk.

You, as a father Im sure you have a nack for catching people putting on their pretty face and trying to convince you of things they aren't. Sounds like you are trying to look into peoples sites and stuff, well do a double look some people have put a lot of effort into their machinations for dominance and control.

Thanks Neopolitan, I will message you in private to get more information about your organization. I miss SWG-Pre NGE CU. BRIA server will always be part of my gaming memories. lol

As "post-NGE apocalypse survivor newcomer" I like to think Star Wars Galaxies wasn't that bad.

Of course, how could I know better beyond the stories of people, since I never saw it for myself?

I know it made a lot of people leave and not all of them came back (or not for long) but I like to think it was fun for what it was for a few years until it finally went down. And even a few years after NGE there were relatively many players and new content came out on a somewhat regular basis from what I remember.

Oh, right. The expected part: Never forget Gorath (server) n' all.

I stuck around and fought through NGE and CU as best as I could but in the end, most of my guild left and it was down to a few people I still knew. I miss having my own store and selling my land speeders and going out to mine minerals and crafting. I miss my jedi that took me forever to get and then the horrible grind to get him to the skills I wanted. Fond memories of a great game. I had hope SWTOR would of brought some good memories back but it just wasn't the same and that's ok. SWTOR is still a good game, just not for me. I miss all the old guilds from BRIA server. MCO, GoD, FIST and of course KTD.

I mostly hope that Dual Universe bring back a bit of SWG; or even vastly more.

So far, it has the potential, but we'll have to see. Ever since I played SWG and MC, I was more fond of games with more emphasis on sandbox rather than those so-called themepark MMORPGs that you also often see.

Time will tell.

Yea Wilkscheckov, I been on it and ran into some old friends but its not the same and a lot of people I know that use to play are not playing it. I still have my old disc, will never get rid of those. They are doing a great job and I hope they will one day bring the glory of SWG but its just not the same for me. DU is the future for me, well I hope it brings new glory and memories.