JeuxOnLine article about new investors

Morand

JeuxOnLine posted today a news about the new investors (in french) :

http://mmo.jeuxonline.info/actualite/53082/novaquark-leve-3-7-millions-preparer-alpha-dual-universe-fin-annee

I made a translation for english people (it may not be 100% accurate) :

Novaquark raises 3.7 million to prepare the alpha of Dual Universe (at the end of the year)

After a successful fundraising campaign on KickStarter last year, Novaquark raises an additional $ 3.7 million to prepare for the Dual Universe alpha test - now postponed until the end of the year.

We remember that last October, the Parisian studio Novaquark raised more than 565,000 euros from the players as part of a Kickstarter campaign to concretize the development of Dual Universe - a technologically innovative MMO, immersing players in a vast world of science fiction that is persistent and in one single shard, totally modifiable (everything that is built on the ground or in space, is made by the players) and capable of accommodating cohorts of explorers.

Today, the design of Dual Universe continues and to help sustain the project, the developer announces by press release that it raised an additional 3.7 million dollars from "private investors" (whose name is not revealed), bringing Dual Universe's total funding to $ 7.4 million, including funds raised through crowdfunding.
This will ensure financing for the project for the next few months, while the studio also points out that it is preparing the Dual Universe alpha-test "for the moment expected at the end of the fourth quarter of 2017" - Tests delayed by a few weeks, since the studio was considering the first tests in the first half of 2017, before delaying them to September and so we can now wait until December. We have to patiently await, remembering in any case that the project seems strong enough to have attracted traditional investors.

As I know, there is no official news about an alpha delayed in december. But NQ should make this clear for the press, because a false information seem to spread. (or maybe you have something to tell us!)

It is relatively sure just some kind of misconception because earlier in a press release, NQ stated 

"This news comes as the company is preparing to launch their Alpha version; currently expected by the end of Q4 2017."

In a different topic I read, @RightBigToe mentioned they likely refered to the fiscal quartal Q4, which ends in september. The alpha being pushed back to december would make that just the interpretation of NQ's statement by JeuxOnLine.

Good to hear. I've always been concerned that this project was too ambitious and they would run out of money before reaching enough subscribers to make it viable. Got really burned with Starforge back in 2014

Really hope that we are still on for September!!! The waiting and the slow drip feed of 5-minute videos every month is killing me.

Sur le kickstarter il y a maintenant une date :

LIVRAISON PRÉVUE :
déc. 2018

la sortie est bien repoussée. :(

Traduction:

On the kickstarter there is now a date:

EXPECTED DELIVERY :
dec. 2018

The output is well pushed. :(

14 minutes ago, VioletBannana said:

Good to hear. I've always been concerned that this project was too ambitious and they would run out of money before reaching enough subscribers to make it viable. Got really burned with Starforge back in 2014

Really hope that we are still on for September!!! The waiting and the slow drip feed of 5-minute videos every month is killing me.

Bahahaha I was always a burn victim of starforge.  What a colossal piece of garbage that was.

Hi everyone, 

On one hand, it's true that some words may have been indeed confusing in the press release from last week. 
On the other hand, seeing some community/press websites not just stating the facts but starting to make assumptions without attempting to contact the studio (to check or ask for clarification) causes unnecessary troubles. It doesn't seem to be of any concern for the said websites but this is how the world works nowadays and we have to deal with it.

Update 14/08/2017 6.30 pm (Paris hour):

A JeuxOnline representative just contacted us to have some clarification about the unclear statement in the Press Release so the confusion should be cleared up soon.

So to be clear:

We still plan to give to Gold Founder backers (and above) and the ATV group access to our most recent stable version of the game (which will be - of course - still work in progress and far from being feature complete) at the end of September 2017. 

We apologize for the confusion that this Press Release may have generated among the community.

P.S: the delivery date on the Kickstarter page has never changed (and can't be changed once a Kickstarter campaign is finished). December 2018 has always referred to the Official Release and the physical reward delivery. It has never referred to the Alpha release.

Best Regards,
Nyzaltar.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, Croomar said:

It is relatively sure just some kind of misconception because earlier in a press release, NQ stated 

"This news comes as the company is preparing to launch their Alpha version; currently expected by the end of Q4 2017."

In a different topic I read, @RightBigToe mentioned they likely refered to the fiscal quartal Q4, which ends in september. The alpha being pushed back to december would make that just the interpretation of NQ's statement by JeuxOnLine.

Well important bit is the "by the end of.." Meaning its expected to have started by then not at then if you catch my meaning. So when it starts in Sept like Nyz just confirmed that statement will still hold true.

Oh how articles while keeping us informed love to give confusion. Thanks Nyzaltar. 

On a side note, I didn't worry about funding although this does clarify that finances shouldn't be a problem with you both seeking public and private investors(although this topic of private investors has come up in the past). Once again though, and this is both from me and the community in general, thanks for being transparent with how you are going about raising funds and developing the game.

Strangely I also never worried about the funding. 

It's perhaps a bit naive but I have "complete"  trust in JC. Given his background I trust his sense of business. It also helps that DU doesn't have any traditional pve content.