Yes Man's Sky

ATMLVE

Everyone remembers No Man's Sky. No one wants to speak of it because it was a disaster, and people say it hurt the "early hype" gaming industry. I was severely disappointed. 

I'll start off by saying that the creatures are still as boring as they ever were, because that was a huge thing people wanted all, and it's still that way.

But the game just got updated and people have to know because this is the game I was excited for before Dual Universe and they just added everything that was supposed to be in it. These are a highlight of the changes:

-Multiplayer

-Every single interface and HUD has been revamped and improved, some minorly, some beyond recognition.

-All of the graphics have been improved.

-Completely overhauled combat system.

-Overhauled galactic map system.

-Each portal now has a code that can be entered into any other portal allowing fast travel across the universe.

-30 hours of new story.

-Quests.

-Fourth race.

-Terrain creation tool.

-Tons of minor quality of life(no longer eject upon landing, low flight/FOV on PS4, summon ship anywhere)

-New ships

-Crashed freighters

This game is one I waited so long for and I and everyone else got super burned. Now that this update is out, it almost is, literally, a better version of the game than what the trailers showed. The only remaining issue is the creatures, and this is the third enormous update for the game. I have no doubt they will continue improving because they got massive hate when the game came out and had no reason to continue, yet they did. Because of all that I just have to let you guys know, because I am sure there were some in the same boat as me. 

https://www.nomanssky.com/atlas-rises-update/

25 minutes ago, Gronkar said:

Fuck this game. It doesn't deserve a second chance at all.

If you don't want to give it a second chance, then of course you don't have to. Doesn't change the fact that the current version of the game is better in most ways and worse in few than the version that was promised. You don't have to play it, you can hate it, but the game we have now is essentially what was promised, so you're only missing out if you wanted to play it before and aren't now. It's on sale right now on humble bundle for like $25. 

@Gronkar Because that video was only 6 minutes, I took the liberty if watching it and counting how many of those things are in the game now. Out of 32 BSs, 19 are in the game now (most added in this update) and 2 were just opinions (previously quite fair and popular opinions). 

Edited by ATMLVE

You might be right. The game could be awesome now, but for the way they treated their customers, I will never ever give them a chance again. Even if its the best game in the world.

In my opinion the whole game is scam. If you promise features and you can't handle all of them I'm okay with that. But they lied without any shame.

Another great video

It's actually sad that it's not 100% parody. This may have happened behind the scenes.

7 minutes ago, Gronkar said:

You might be right. The game could be awesome now, but for the way they treated their customers, I will never ever give them a chance again. Even if its the best game in the world.

In my opinion the whole game is scam. If you promise features and you can't handle all of them I'm okay with that. But they lied without any shame.

Another great video

It's actually sad that it's not 100% parody. This may have happened behind the scenes.

I completely agree. I was angry and hurt as well and certainly was not a fan of the developers, especially Sean Murray. I still don't like that they haven't apologized, the closest thing we got was "actions speak louder than words" from them. However, I am sure they did not take glee in scamming the players out of their money because they have clearly worked very hard on releasing the game they promised, despite people like us hating them, and that shows their intent was not to make off with our money. They wanted to release this or they wouldn't have. They didn't have to. 

I still want an apology, I'm still upset about the lies, but the fact for me at least is that all of that previous salt revolves around a game that was promised, which has now essentially been released, and it would be illogical for me to not play the game now. 

I'm sorry you were probably hurt just as much as I was. But that game you might have been anxiously waiting for... It's out now.

I would try it again now after such a patch. 

But I don't own the game and as atm said: they never apologized. If they did, I would give it a shot but as for now: it's good that they work on it and I have no hard feelings, but giving them money without such an open communication an apology doesn't feel right

I admit it does look better and there seems to be enough content for an Early Access game now. I might give it a look again in the next few patches, see how it progresses.

I've still lost confidence in them as a developer because of the lies, but this is starting to pull them up the scale slightly.

3 minutes ago, Comrademoco said:

Is there any more information regarding that multiplayer update? What exactly do they mean by multiplayer in this update?

Just curious.

Cheers,

Comrademoco

1:36 on the video

33 minutes ago, Comrademoco said:

Is there any more information regarding that multiplayer update? What exactly do they mean by multiplayer in this update?

Just curious.

Cheers,

Comrademoco

I'm not certain of how it all works, but up to 16 players can see orba representing each other at the same time, and you can see their names. Interacting with them allows you to create a monument at that location and communicate with text? 

Also, local voice chat is in the game as well.

53 minutes ago, ATMLVE said:

I'm not certain of how it all works, but up to 16 players can see orba representing each other at the same time, and you can see their names. Interacting with them allows you to create a monument at that location and communicate with text? 

Also, local voice chat is in the game as well.

I mean that's a start, but idk if I'd call that multiplayer proper. It is progress though so good on them for that. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Void said:

I mean that's a start, but idk if I'd call that multiplayer proper. It is progress though so good on them for that. 

Yeah, by the press releases they are calling it: "limited co-operative mode" - so not a full fledge multiplayer mode...

?

Once again I think I'll pass NMS - but at least it's something (progress)

Kind of hard to explain why, but it still looks like something I would get into heavily for a few hours and then just never play again. I'm glad the people who did buy it are still getting new features to play with though.

• 3 weeks later...