The Church Of Jay Cee!

7 minutes ago, Elildar said:

Even if I agree that this org should not be allowed, I had some fun to read the description.

You probably didn't have any bad intention creating it.

I would have join this org, I like the comparision with the christian church, even if I'm christian. And it would be a fun fan org about JC, as ingame the "supreme god" and "creator" would best describe himself and we owes much to him.

But I think also that you should have stop before you wrote :

Why? we are mostly atheist and thus don't believe in god, so parodying religion is fun

30 minutes ago, UniversalG said:

Why? we are mostly atheist and thus don't believe in god, so parodying religion is fun

So what if us Christians are a minority in this community, Are you atheist going to treat us like animals in a zoo?

If you respect my beliefs ill respect yours :)  

53 minutes ago, Raptor Jesus said:

And it was never my intentions to insult a religion or group of people. I did it for satire reasons. Im not a biggot nor against any religions. Just wanted to create a community for fun. And i realize we cant “worship” real people or NQ staff. Thats why i didnt use the term “JC”. I think a lot of  conclusions were drawn without consulting me first but ill  reluctantly comply.

Again, satire is perfectly fine, as long as you don't bring something controversial from real life in it. 

The moment you bring something controversial from real life into the game, you can expect problems from the real life pointing their nose sooner or later.

The reasonable approach in this case is "better preventing it than making control damage once it's done, especially if it was expectable".

That's why it's a common rule in MMORPGs to avoid referring thematics like real life politics, real life religions, and everything tied to it.

Some things aren't just forbidden on a whim. It's forbidden for solid reasons, because of issues that may have happened in the past and to prevent to see them reproduced.

While we are aware that satirical content is not necessarily done with the intention to hurt people, on sensible topics, starting to allow some content would generate the question "where to draw the line?" and there is no ideal answer to that.

Using "Jay Cee" instead of "JC" doesn't change anything as it's obvious to whom it was referring.

As long as the intent to refer to something not allowed by the rules is clear, there is no valid excuse to not apply the rule. Changing the orthography won't be a valid excuse.

Now, "Raptor Jesus" is directly linked to a parody of a real life religion (Christianism): http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Raptor_Jesus 

So it falls in the "content referring to real life religion" category. As CaptainTwerkMotor suggested, "Raptor Guru" could be fine, but not "Raptor Jesus".

Also, it's true that we didn't allow "Pepe the Frog" avatars. Why we didn't have any concerns originally with it, as soon as it becomes a symbol associated to a political movement (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepe_the_Frog), it fell in the "content referring to real life politics" category.

Our decisions aren't taken on subjective criteria, but on facts.

So don't take it like an unfair punishement aimed at specific members of the community.  It's just how things work.

1 hour ago, TheKoolBanana said:

Every time I look at the forums I lose that little bit of Faith that I have left in this game. I would've pledged willingly months ago but seeing the current state of everything I don't thinks it's worth it anymore. One org was created to bring joy to the boring wait, in good will and to give back to the man who carried his dreams into reality. We wanted nothing but to show our appreciation to our beloved JC, the face of NovaQuark and Dual Universe. To have that little not taken away from us leaves a sour taste in not just my mouth but also the mouths of many others. It is disappointing to see our community go blunt and dull, similar to the infamous "No man's sky". I hate to say it but if we can't have this then why should we still be here? 

@Raptor Jesus

Isn't the situation being a bit over dramatized here?

There is plenty of other ways of showing appreciation to JC, without making a cult (even a funny one) around him.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

1 hour ago, TheKoolBanana said:

Every time I look at the forums I lose that little bit of Faith that I have left in this game. I would've pledged willingly months ago but seeing the current state of everything I don't thinks it's worth it anymore. One org was created to bring joy to the boring wait, in good will and to give back to the man who carried his dreams into reality. We wanted nothing but to show our appreciation to our beloved JC, the face of NovaQuark and Dual Universe. To have that little not taken away from us leaves a sour taste in not just my mouth but also the mouths of many others. It is disappointing to see our community go blunt and dull, similar to the infamous "No man's sky". I hate to say it but if we can't have this then why should we still be here? 

@Raptor Jesus

Nyz already explained this - and imho NQ is right there. Read the rules, think about them, read them again - THEN do stuff. Don't cry out AFTERWARDS because "mimimimimi we're not allowed to do shit and NQ deleted our org without talking to us first".

Leave politics, RL issues and your private shit out of the game - no one cares what you do or think in your RL

Alright,

To avoid the topic to go any further down the road, it's going to be locked.

@Raptor Jesus: Thank you for having already changed the content on your Organization. The modifications are nearly ok (if you remove the sentence "Every follower is welcome to communion, to eat of the body of The Creator (pizza) and to drink of the blood of The Creator (milk)", that is clearly referring to a christian rite, there won't be any more reason to delete the Organization).

Please send me by private message the new display name you want to have.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.