The Church Of Jay Cee!

My dear homies, Join the Church of Jay Cee! Give thanks to your one true lord and savior. Gather with your fellow brothers and sisters! Jay Cee has given you the gift of life and saved all of us from boredom and bad space sandbox games. Praise our lord and creator! Join us today!

https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/the-church-of-jay-cee#tab-applications

Hi Raptor Jesus and welcome to the forum.

While we can understand this organization has been created with fun in mind, this organization is not legit for several reasons:
- Creating an organization referring to people existing in real life (even in a funny way) is not allowed ("Jay Cee").
- Creating an organization referring to religion existing in real life (even in a funny way) is not allowed (Name "Jesus" with a clear christian connotation behind).
- Moreover, making an organization to vow a cult to a living person (even in a funny way) is not allowed ("Church of Jay Cee").

We can totally understand that these rules may appear pretty harsh, too serious, but these are the rules to avoid any unecessary conflicts or controversies and they should be respected.

Therefore, this organization will be deleted soon and we ask you to change your display name.

To make this perfectly clear, we will update both forum rules and community portal rules soon.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Nyzaltar.

2 minutes ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

While we can understand this organization has been created with fun in mind, this organization is not legit for several reasons:
- Creating an organization referring to people existing in real life (even in a funny way) is not allowed ("Jay Cee").
- Creating an organization referring to religion existing in real life (even in a funny way) is not allowed (Name "Jesus" with a clear christian connotation behind).
- Moreover, making an organization to vow a cult to a living person (even in a funny way) is not allowed ("Church of Jay Cee").

We can totally understand that these rules may appear pretty harsh, too serious, but these are the rules to avoid any unecessary conflicts or controversies and they should be respected.

Therefore, this organization will be deleted soon and we ask you to change your display name.

To make this perfectly clear, we will update both forum rules and community portal rules soon.

Best Regards,
Nyzaltar.

D: 

xD

Rules are rules I guess, and great to see them continue being enforced with orgs. You will live on in our hearts, @Raptor Jesus o7 

1 hour ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

Best Regards,
Nyzaltar.

I can understand you guys need to maintain a friendly image, But aren't you overdoing it with the leftist BS. Its getting to the point you are just forcing your beliefs and values on the community. You forced someone to change their avatar (pepe) and are now forcing someone to change their name all so a select few don't get triggered.

No matter what people in life will always be butthurt over something. It really could be anything. But that doesnt mean we should always cater to the very very few over the many. I get NQ has an imagine to maintain but the whole point of giving us a sandbox, emergent gameplay, and a community is to have the freedom to create and connect with other people. I dont view the church as offencive, if anything many people offended that our beliefs are not creditable. So if you dont want to actually offend people NOW by disbanding an org that might offend people, i suggest you let us stay. You really cant have it both ways. The church is OUR religion something we passionatly believe in and i think we deserve that religious freedom just like anyone else. So people lets not nerf the world.

P.S. ive had this name for over a year and was in the four largest orgs and now all of a sudden my name isnt allowed? 

13 minutes ago, Raptor Jesus said:

No matter what people in life will always be butthurt over something. It really could be anything. But that doesnt mean we should always cater to the very very few over the many. I get NQ has an imagine to maintain but the whole point of giving us a sandbox, emergent gameplay, and a community is to have the freedom to create and connect with other people. I dont view the church as offencive, if anything many people offended that our beliefs are not creditable. So if you dont want to actually offend people NOW by disbanding an org that might offend people, i suggest you let us stay. You really cant have it both ways. The church is OUR religion something we passionatly believe in and i think we deserve that religious freedom just like anyone else. So people lets not nerf the world.

P.S. ive had this name for over a year and was in the four largest orgs and now all of a sudden my name isnt allowed? 

You have only two posts on the forum as of the date on my comment. How did you expect NQ to notice your name? You think it's Nyzaltar's job to be the forum police or something, checking every name that goes in the forums?

Anyone can be offended by anyones name. What im trying to say is no one i have ever crossed paths with in the community has never had a problem with my name until now. And no one is offended is the crazy part. I have to change my name even if im a gold backer. No one is offended but i have to change my name becuase it somehow may or may not offend one person or maybe just maybe a few people. Any one can be offended by anything. You cant nerf the world and make everyone happy

@UniversalG:

You are taking the problem by the wrong side:
It's not a matter of "forcing our beliefs and values" on the community.

First, the rules put in place are not necessarily our beliefs and values as people. Don't forget that laws, freedom of speech and culture are something very variable from one country to another. Members of the community should keep that in mind, and not just see the situation only through a personal prism. The rules put in place are here to be compatible with as much countries as possible.

Second, because it's not a matter of forcing anything but a matter of agreement: for access any game or service, you have to follow the rules. If you don't want to follow the rules made for the involved game or service, then you won't access to it anymore. It's the same thing everywhere, it's that simple and nobody force you to do anything that you haven't agreed to do in the first place (using a service/play a game to the condition of following the rules tied to the service or the game).

Third, these are mostly common rules to most MMORPGs:
- Not talking about (or referring to) real life politics
- Not talking about (or referring to) real life religons

@Raptor Jesus:

Regarding the fact that you got the name over the year and no action has been taken, the reason is quite simple:
as we said many times before, we don't want to watch closely every player in the community. We are not big brother. However, when something come to our attention that is against our rules, we have to step in (whether we like it or not). 

It's not forbidden for the community members to create a fictive religion in-game, so your creativity freedom remains intact. However, referring to real life things can cause trouble, even a lot of trouble in some countries on legal plan. Among those things, creating a religion around a real life person is a very unhealthy thing that isn't allowed. We don't want to bring any real life problems into the game. Period.

We hope you were still joking with the following sentence :

The church is OUR religion something we passionatly believe in and i think we deserve that religious freedom just like anyone else. So people lets not nerf the world.

So far, we took the time to explain why we are doing things, as you are a new member on the forum. 

Please do not try to contest the rules (being a backer doesn't give extra rights on this aspect), as this will never end well.

Honestly, we don't like to play the police, be it on the Community Portal or on the Forum, so the least we have to that, the better it will be.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

3 minutes ago, Raptor Jesus said:

Anyone can be offended by anyones name. What im trying to say is no one i have ever crossed paths with in the community has never had a problem with my name until now. And no one is offended is the crazy part. I have to change my name even if im a gold backer. No one is offended but i have to change my name becuase it somehow may or may not offend one person or maybe just maybe a few people. Any one can be offended by anything. You cant nerf the world and make everyone happy

My name is not offensive. Why? Cause I don't insult anyone's religion. Your name is just a "look at me, I am edgey" kind of deal.

Feel free to reach for straws, but it won't change the fact you :

a ) think you are top kek, expecting NQ-Nyzaltar to know who you are because "you were in the top 4 orgs". Like Nyzlatar keeps a horse track of orgs on his daily routine.

b ) you are openly beligerent with blanket statements like "anyone can be offended by anything". No, people get offended when you insult their spiritual beliefs, especially the kind of ones that involve post morterm expectations.

Try going for "Raptor Guru". That's not offensive, cause :

a ) a Guru is just a mentor of high esteem

b ) it won't cause people with burning crosses to march into NQ's offices and burning the place down.

Cheerios. 

7 minutes ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

First, the rules put in place are not necessarily our beliefs and values as people. Don't forget that laws, freedom of speech and culture are something very variable from one country to another. Members of the community should keep that in mind, and not just see the situation only through a personal prism. The rules put in place are here to be compatible with as much countries as possible.

Fair enough, admittedly i did not consider other countries laws when it comes to freedom of speech and as much as i dislike it ill concede on this point

English (Translator used)

Hello NQ,
The name Jesus is a very normal name, many people (even unchristian) carry this name, so he is not protected. If your statement is that no name exisit in real life, can be used here in the game, it becomes very complicated. The namesproblem also applies to Jay Cee.
Perhaps the rule should be that if you use so-called names, get rid of the RL persons and set up, clearly, and it is a new thing without reference to the RL.

German (orginal)

Hallo NQ,

der Name Jesus ist ein ganz normaler Name, diesen Namen tragen viele Leute (auch unchristliche), also ist er nicht geschützt. Wenn eure Aussage ist das kein Name der im echten Leben existiert, hier im Spiel verwendet werden darf, wird es sehr kompliziert. Das Namesproblem gilt auch für Jay Cee.

Vielleicht sollte die Regel lauten, dass wenn man sochte Bezeichnungen verwendet, sich von den RL Personen und Einrichten, klar distansiert und es eine neue Sache ohne Bezug zum RL ist.

mfG Die Waldfee

9 minutes ago, huschhusch said:

Hello NQ,
The name Jesus is a very normal name, many people (even unchristian) carry this name, so he is not protected. If your statement is that no name exisit in real life, can be used here in the game, it becomes very complicated. The namesproblem also applies to Jay Cee.
Perhaps the rule should be that if you use so-called names, get rid of the RL persons and set up, clearly, and it is a new thing without reference to the RL.

German (orginal)

Hallo NQ,

der Name Jesus ist ein ganz normaler Name, diesen Namen tragen viele Leute (auch unchristliche), also ist er nicht geschützt. Wenn eure Aussage ist das kein Name der im echten Leben existiert, hier im Spiel verwendet werden darf, wird es sehr kompliziert. Das Namesproblem gilt auch für Jay Cee.

Vielleicht sollte die Regel lauten, dass wenn man sochte Bezeichnungen verwendet, sich von den RL Personen und Einrichten, klar distansiert und es eine neue Sache ohne Bezug zum RL ist.

mfG Die Waldfee

Guy's got a point, never realised Jesus is a common name in other nations although here it is mainly associated with religion

9 minutes ago, huschhusch said:

Hello NQ,

German (orginal)

Hallo NQ,

mfG Die Waldfee

It's not about the name itself - yes it's very common - it's more about the way the name way used, hence why prior to this, Raptor Jesus didn't have a problem.

The issue here is that the name was used as a means of promoting or attachment to a religious group/cult similar to Christianity. Jesus being Raptor and Jay Cee being, well... You get idea! 

And tbh the rules are pretty understandable, 

Don't create entities with real names or mocking real names, like in the case of Jay Cee.

Cheers,

Comrademoco

6 minutes ago, huschhusch said:

Hello NQ,

German (orginal)

Hallo NQ,

mfG Die Waldfee

Problem with this logic, is that Adolph is a normal name. Hitler is just a last name as well.

See, if NQ allows for "Raptor Jesus", they will have to allow for "Jewhunter99", or "Hitler-Fuhrer-44" or whatever else 14yo angsty teen's going to come up with to say "F U" to the world.

According to your logic, "Jews can be hunters! Jewhunter99 is not an insidious name! I don't see the problem!" So, let's drop the pretense on this sizzle. IT's silly.

So, no, NQ should not have to tolerate such names. There's freedom of speech and then there's headaches to be avoided on a PR and litigatory level.

Cheerios.

Hi guys,
The intensification of Ogranisation and of Raptor Jesus is quite conscious of me, so he and his organization are to explain themselves as parody. Otherwise we can go on with Mohamed.
If satire is no longer possible, then the game is dead (and also the pirates).

German (orginal)

Hallo Jungs,

die Intension der Ogranisation und von Raptor Jesus ist mir durchaus bewust, daher soll er und seine Organisation sich ganz als Parodie erklären. Sonst können wir auch gleich mit Mohamed weiter machen.

Wenn Satire nicht mehr möglich ist, dann ist das Spiel Tot (und auch die Piraten).

mfG Die Waldfee

I think NQ thought that the name Raptor Jesus was somehow related to the org itself (which would be normal of course if you didn't know Raptor Jesus in the first place). The org is against their rules, and you have to respect that. On the other hand, you really should not have to change your username just because you created an org that has a "bad connection" to your name.

1 minute ago, huschhusch said:

Hi guys,
The intensification of Ogranisation and of Raptor Jesus is quite conscious of me, so he and his organization are to explain themselves as parody. Otherwise we can go on with Mohamed.
If satire is no longer possible, then the game is dead (and also the pirate).

German (orginal)

Hallo Jungs,

die Intension der Ogranisation und von Raptor Jesus ist mir durchaus bewust, daher soll er und seine Organisation sich ganz als Parodie erklären. Sonst können wir auch gleich mit Mohamed weiter machen.

Wenn Satire nicht mehr möglich ist, dann ist das Spiel Tot (und auch die Pirate).

mfG Die Waldfee

Last I've checked, nobody in the Band of Outlaws had names insulting religious or political figures.

What you are trying to say is, the gankers, griefers and scammers of the community are the ones who are sensible enough to not be dicks???

Makes sense.

Hello CaptainTwerkmotor,

You forgot the Raiders and Hitman.

German (orginal)

Hallo CaptainTwerkmotor,

du hast die Raider und Hitman vergessen.

mfG Die Waldfee

And it was never my intentions to insult a religion or group of people. I did it for satire reasons. Im not a biggot nor against any religions. Just wanted to create a community for fun. And i realize we cant “worship” real people or NQ staff. Thats why i didnt use the term “JC”. I think a lot of  conclusions were drawn without consulting me first but ill  reluctantly comply.

4 minutes ago, Raptor Jesus said:

And it was never my intentions to insult a religion or group of people. I did it for satire reasons. Im not a biggot nor against any religions. Just wanted to create a community for fun. And i realize we cant “worship” real people or NQ staff. Thats why i didnt use the term “JC”. I think a lot of  conclusions were drawn without consulting me first but ill  reluctantly comply.

It's not conclusions mate, it's a slippery slope, if NQ allows for people to put on "satirical" Jesus Christs pictures on their profile, thne nothing prevents "Johnny the NAZI ethusiast" from putting on Hitler's portrait as his forum picture.

This is not a social site, this is not Reddit and this forum is certainly not SomethingAwful.com .

If you also are oblivious as of current events and as the German Translate guy "put forth", if NQ allows for Raptor Jesus, they would have to allow for Raptor Mohammed and Raptor Mohammed, AT THIS POINT IN TIME IN FRANCE, would be a TERRIBLE, AWFUL and BRAIN-DEAD thing to allow for.

Every time I look at the forums I lose that little bit of Faith that I have left in this game. I would've pledged willingly months ago but seeing the current state of everything I don't thinks it's worth it anymore. One org was created to bring joy to the boring wait, in good will and to give back to the man who carried his dreams into reality. We wanted nothing but to show our appreciation to our beloved JC, the face of NovaQuark and Dual Universe. To have that little not taken away from us leaves a sour taste in not just my mouth but also the mouths of many others. It is disappointing to see our community go blunt and dull, similar to the infamous "No man's sky". I hate to say it but if we can't have this then why should we still be here? 

@Raptor Jesus

Even if I agree that this org should not be allowed, I had some fun to read the description.

You probably didn't have any bad intention creating it.

A group dedicated to the faith and belief of the DU supreme god, Jay Cee.
All praise the creator of our wonderful universe.

I would have join this org, I like the comparision with the christian church, even if I'm christian. And it would be a fun fan org about JC, as ingame the "supreme god" and "creator" would best describe himself and we owes much to him.

But I think also that you should have stop before you wrote :

Every follower is welcome to communion, to eat of the body of Jay Cee (pizza) and to drink of the blood of Jay Cee (booze)