greif and trolls

cakekiller229

hello I am worried about trolls and griefers how do we prevent people from stealing in our own factions is there a way to claim a place inside the claimed place of your faction or something along that because I don't want to join a faction if people inside my faction just steal my shit 

I suggest reading the devblog on the RDMS. Access can be controlled to a degree but nothing is really going to stop someone from joining an org for the sole purpose of being a spy and thief if that is the way they want to play. That is the beauty of emergent game play, the game in a way will mimic a real world. If you are unsure about joining an organization then I suggest joining different discords of the ones that catch your attention and getting to know the people in them first.

In short there won't be much as far as a game mechanic that stops this from happening outside the RDMS and how we as players use it. It is up to each org to police themselves while preventing and stopping this from happening within.

edit: here is a link to a faq page we made

and welcome to the forums. feel free to join us in the DU discord

Following The_War_Doctor, there are unfortunatly trolls and griefers everywhere over internet ...

There are strict rules from Dual Universe's devs to prevent some basic abuses on the forum, on the community webpage, and inside organizations. We have seen few actions taken from devs these last weeks, so they are actives.

It's also to us, the DU's community to prevent bad effects of trolls and griefers.

As a good example, we are several from different organizations collaborating on buidling an official wiki and a community wiki to help everybody and especially new comers. So it's possible to collaborate...

The game is based on emergent gameplay, so there is no direct control of griefers here. 

Nevertheless, the RDMS system mentioned by The_War_Doctor, standing for "Rights and Duty Management System", is something implemented in-game to manage who can use, access or transform a construct (ship, building, weapon, container...). So it's a way to limite in-game abuses. It's also a system to manage complex organizations and interactions with others.

In addition to that I  insist on the Emergent Gameplay. For example, the community could exchange info on "bad" players and create a list of these players. If the Bounty stretch goal on the crowdfunding portal is reached (or even if it is not), the community could always take apart players having really bad behaviors, via a common approval from all the major organization...

My definition of griefers would be something like this

a Person or Persons who attack or disrupt a player(s) ability to enjoy a pastime (game) to the point that they either stop enjoying the game or stop playing the game altogether.

The suggestion by John " For example, the community could exchange info on "bad" players and create a list of these players. If the Bounty stretch goal on the crowdfunding portal is reached (or even if it is not), the community could always take apart players having really bad behaviors, via a common approval from all the major organization... " sounds like a reasonable one.

The community would have to decide together what would constitute the bad behavior by the "bad" players and possibly work with the Developers on possible solutions to said "bad" behavior.

Just my two cents