Oceans, more Oceans, and Ocean planets

Clark364

By the love of Poseidon! 

I am praying you guys can develope amazing ocean planets or oceans on planets to explore.  Oceans teaming with all kinds of alien life.  This can go beyond just planets.  With the voxel technology you can create Moons such as Europa with massive ocenas underneath miles of Ice.  

This alone would give us the ability to create underwater bases and open up an entirely new market for scuba equipment, submarines, ect... If we could manage to make bases such as subnautica, it would be amazing.  Abzu just got released for the PS4 a few days ago and they pulled off the most amazing oceane environments I have seen in a game.  If you guys could take a look at that and pull off procedural oceans like this with unknow depths, it would make my life.

This could also lead to harvesting resources via oil/gas type rigs on the surface or below, like on the movie The Abyss.  I have been diving since I was 12 and now 35 I have never lost that love.  I would rather be underwater than anywhere else.  If I could be of assistance in the underwater development of the game I would love to assist.  I plan on writing a longer article with ideas geared toward oceans and lakes.  I just wanted to see the initial response as I have to get to work now.  Let me know what you guys think and look for a longer more in depth post within the next few days.  

Kind Regards

Robert

One more thing for the devs and anyone else interested.  I have created a corporation, Future Horizons Exploration Inc.  In the description tab, I have listed positions I am looking for on my expedition crew.  I would love to see these roles implemented into the game.  I know it would flesh the game out and bring back the old old days of Star Wars Galaxies online when you could be a biologist and harvest creatures to grow ect...  I will write a separate post on these later.  

Could be possible, but all depends on how their algorithm for procedural generated planets work. They don't really make the planets, the math does. But I could be wrong because I really don't know how their system works, or any of us really. But it would be exciting to see these types of planets spring up around the galaxy. :)

Also, glad to see another SWG vet. Miss that game. :/

I think ocean worlds and sub marine vehicles and bases would be cool as all hell.  It would be a great place to be entirely undetected and with territory units it would be a great place to hide them.  Also that scene from that Star Trek movie where the Enterprise comes out of the ocean.

I think ocean worlds and sub marine vehicles and bases would be cool as all hell.  It would be a great place to be entirely undetected and with territory units it would be a great place to hide them.  Also that scene from that Star Trek movie where the Enterprise comes out of the ocean.

"Some research may allow for water tolerant engines."

I remember when I first heard about minecraft i watched a video of this guy tour his buddies underwater base, it was really cool. I hope we can build nice warm and cosy underwater bases, maybe even similar to bioshock's underwater city. What if we can lauch ships from the base, but huge moving platforms. I'm not too familiar with the voxal engine so I really have no clue, just a huge imagination. 

Just an idea :)

This is actually quite a good idea.

By "research" you mean "skills" ?

"Yes. Why not? The better your skills, the farther "impossible" becomes. Now, where did I leave my Universal Peace Ray...?"

Well it would be cool if they had planets made entirely out of water with rare and unique resources and wildlife only found on ocean planets. Also if they add that then I couldn't wait to recreate Kamino and make a clone army!  ;)

I am so glad to see this sparked the interest it generated.  It is late here but I will post my full range of ideas when I get off tomorrow (or today as its 2 in the morning.)  Keep the awesome comments coming.

The best way to do this would be shallow water worlds, less than 100 feet in places, so the sun could shine down and we could see the base and work around it ( not sure of the depth for sunlight but alien worlds would be very clean compared to ours) or varying depths with some shallows to build bases in and deep water elsewhere to explore.