Gronkar

Hey guys,

I hope there is no thread existing who has this idea as topic, but i couldn't find anything and as far as I know, there are only predefined screen modules.

I thought about having screenblocks in the game, wich you can use to create huge neon advertising for space stations or cities. You should be able to script them etc.

I think this would be pretty useful and will make cities or stations even more alive.

Sorry for my bad english guys, im no native-Speaker. If theres anything unclear, or do you have any advice please tell me. :)

1.jpg

Here one example how it could look like.

I inhaled the crisp, sharp, painful air.

The room was made of glass. Lined with billions of lights.

"This is what happens when you disrespect us, Kuritho."

I heard muttering on the other side of the glass.

"It's inhumane. Nobody should ever experience this, Kefir."

"But he has defied our ways, our people, and our clan. Do it."

Suddenly, my eyes were bleeding of crimson tears.

They made a weapon that caused them to go insane.

The "Lightning McQueen MK2, Destroyer of Worlds."

I get your point Kuritho. But I think it shouldn't be a problem to just limit the brightness of screens or don't make them shine at all.

But to be honest I don't know how this idea would work out, since screens would only run with scripts. And I've heard scripts only work if you are nearby, what kinda makes sense for me because of server stability. But this would limit my idea and the usage quite hard.

What do you guys think ?

From the latest Dev Diary we have been shown screen units, but we haven't been shown physical how big they are or of they are scaleable yet.

We should get somewhat of an answer about this when the alpha drops in a month or so. Hopefully NQ will be putting an idea forum in place too to help manage requests like this too :)

On 8/7/2017 at 6:41 AM, Gronkar said:

I get your point Kuritho. But I think it shouldn't be a problem to just limit the brightness of screens or don't make them shine at all.

But to be honest I don't know how this idea would work out, since screens would only run with scripts. And I've heard scripts only work if you are nearby, what kinda makes sense for me because of server stability. But this would limit my idea and the usage quite hard.

What do you guys think ?

To add to @Kael, don't forget that you could always chuck a bunch of Screen Units together to make a bigger screen, even if they only come in pre-defined sizes.  It will be interesting to see if the kind of interactions we saw in the DevDiary like the game would be usable by players if the owner of that element is not nearby to activate it.

8 minutes ago, RightBigToe said:

To add to @Kael, don't forget that you could always chuck a bunch of Screen Units together to make a bigger screen, even if they only come in pre-defined sizes.  It will be interesting to see if the kind of interactions we saw in the DevDiary like the game would be usable by players if the owner of that element is not nearby to activate it.

That might require some interesting scripting if there is not some basic support for that

On 07/08/2017 at 0:41 PM, Gronkar said:

nd I've heard scripts only work if you are nearby, what kinda makes sense for me because of server stability. But this would limit my idea and the usage quite hard.

The scripts are synchronized between players so will run if you or someone from your organization are close to. It's not only you.

So, the limitation is less a constraint, if these screens are close to other players.

Tweaking correctly the RDMS of the screen, you might even allow everybody (not only from your organization) to activate the script of the screen....

On 8/7/2017 at 7:08 AM, Kael said:

From the latest Dev Diary we have been shown screen units, but we haven't been shown physical how big they are or of they are scaleable yet.

From what they showed it should be possible to 'scale' them by placing a bunch of screens and wiring them all up to each other.

The way that type of scaling works, it gets more and more complicated and harder to use the more screens you add. Making a super giant screen would be a feat; not impossible, but really really really hard to do.