Will the game be able to play on Mac Computers

CT3PO0

We kind of had the same discussion about Linux here: 

The problem is that the Mac gaming market is so small that it's not worth thinking about at the moment, but never say never NQ might throw it out there at release :)

Hmmm I'm guessing you mean the mac pro? If I recall, the hardware in that is more targeted at video editing and other professional work rather than gaming. I suppose that could have the hardware to run it if they ever add support for macs. It certainly wouldn't be running the game at top graphics though 

7 hours ago, Lord_Void said:

Hmmm I'm guessing you mean the mac pro? If I recall, the hardware in that is more targeted at video editing and other professional work rather than gaming. I suppose that could have the hardware to run it if they ever add support for macs. It certainly wouldn't be running the game at top graphics though 

Would have to agree, the game is looking more and more beautiful every time they show it off.  More beauty means more pain for the computer.

My space heater knows all to well :D

I hope not. Apple is a blight to technology across the world and should be destroyed. From Mac to IPhone they've done nothing but steal and corrupt technology for profit. They are the worst type of company, right up there with Wal-Mart and exxon.

well I wont say they are the worst, Because It's true that they have a much better UI and user friendly features, however, once you try to do something else than working on a mac, things get crazy hard compared to windows, I mean not hard but more like they are actively trying to prevent you to do this... And the price you have to pay for a mac... I mean you really have to hate windows to buy one x)

11 hours ago, Wardonis said:

I hope not. Apple is a blight to technology across the world and should be destroyed. From Mac to IPhone they've done nothing but steal and corrupt technology for profit. They are the worst type of company, right up there with Wal-Mart and exxon.

And Microsoft.

He asked a simple question, and got a simple answer.  The hate is unnecessary.

6 hours ago, Hades said:

And Microsoft.

He asked a simple question, and got a simple answer.  The hate is unnecessary.

No matter how simple it always lead to flame wars ;)

Gammers using PCs, like it or hate it this is how it is.

Sometimes title using OpenGL and is available on other platforms including Linux.  

But when you dealing with mature quality engine options are there.

DU using Unigine 2 and on paper they provide support for all 3 platforms as well as VR and DX12.

It is for now they have chosen the most popular setup DX11 to cover majority. I believe in the future they will be able to switch to different pipelines if there is a demand.

https://unigine.com/en/products/engine/versatile-platform

After thinking about this for a week and looking into things, I have a much better answer for you @CT3PO0, however, it still probably won't be what you want to hear.

Yes, you will be able to play the game on Mac computers, under very specific circumstances.

You will need a Mac with Thunderbolt 3, and an external GPU (most likely) https://developer.apple.com/development-kit/external-graphics/ 

With that, any sufficiently powerful Mac (not leaking system requirements) would be able to dual boot into Windows and run the game. 

It's not a perfect solution, but it will work. 

Apple has never been cooperative with gamers. They just don't give a shit.

If you have a mac and you want to play games for Windows, just buy windows and boot camp it on your mac. If you had enough money to buy an overpriced mac with a high end graphics card in it, the extra $100 to get Windows shouldn't be too much for you.

That being said, make sure you have Apple Care if it's one of the newer Macs; the shitty thunderbolt ports blow out in 6 months - 2 years and the only one who can replace them is Apple (unless you know someone who's good at faking Apple hardware but they're few and far between). If Apple would have just stuck to USB 3.0s like the rest of the industry, this wouldn't be a problem.

3 hours ago, Vellnn said:

Apple has never been cooperative with gamers. They just don't give a shit.

If you have a mac and you want to play games for Windows, just buy windows and boot camp it on your mac. If you had enough money to buy an overpriced mac with a high end graphics card in it, the extra $100 to get Windows shouldn't be too much for you.

That being said, make sure you have Apple Care if it's one of the newer Macs; the shitty thunderbolt ports blow out in 6 months - 2 years and the only one who can replace them is Apple (unless you know someone who's good at faking Apple hardware but they're few and far between). If Apple would have just stuck to USB 3.0s like the rest of the industry, this wouldn't be a problem.

External gpus are inherently weaker than internal, but they do work.

some professional tools are mac exclusive, so if you're using a mac I can definitely understand why.  What I would recommend is loading OS X onto a flash drive and work on creating a hackintosh.  The nice thing about owning a mac is you don't need to hunt someone down to snag OS X consistently when serious updates occur.

I personally have an OS X partition, I think it's running Yosemite at the moment.  But there are occasional tools it's nice to have every now and then.  I'm just too lazy to refresh it, but if you are good about backups refreshing the os takes no time at all from USB 3.0.

You can create a hackintosh for like $1000 that can handle most games and probably even DU.  I would recommend waiting for cannonlake before doing so.  After spending the amount on an external mount and a gpu, you're already almost at that price point.