Vr

5p34k3r

Heya guys!   I tried a general search on the forums for this, so pardon me if it's been covered 

Have we heard any word if there will be any vr support?  

I recently preordered the new occulas rift model for August 16 for my better half. Would be sweet to use it for DU :D

Not until after release.  They have stated they'd like to add it after release.  However, there's always the possibility it becomes too much of a beast to implement.

If that ends up being the case, I'd truly like a very rough implementation with a very in your face warning about how rough it is.  Or, I imagine someone will find an unofficial way to get DU up and running in VR ^^

Either way, long time down the road.

Edit:
Baha "in your face", aren't I funny?  

This is from https://www.dualthegame.com/faq

Oculus Rift was one of the main reasons why we decided to go for the “First Person” view. We are looking at all new technologies that will favor immersion. Exciting things are on the way with the increase of interest in virtual worlds. We aim to cater to this market as well as to more traditional technologies. We are also considering implementing Third Person View as we know a lot of players prefer this view when playing MMO games, but this will is not planned for the initial release. Early editions of Dual Universe will be First Person.

4 hours ago, Hades said:

Or, I imagine someone will find an unofficial way to get DU up and running in VR ^^

I know there is a Tool for playing every First Person Game in VR.
I never have tested it with my Vive, but I think I found it in an article about ARK in VR.
It uses the Rotation of your HMD as addition, mouse input... if it is something good...

8 hours ago, Jenonator said:

This is from https://www.dualthegame.com/faq

I know there is a Tool for playing every First Person Game in VR.
I never have tested it with my Vive, but I think I found it in an article about ARK in VR.
It uses the Rotation of your HMD as addition, mouse input... if it is something good...

There are many tools for turning "any" game into vr.  However, I quote any because it doesn't always work.  

Some games need just the right tool/fix.    Unless you just want to play it on a screen in VR haha.  I'm not 100% sure but I think it has something to do with the virtual models/scaling used idk.

Take star citizen for example, yes it's possible to get it working in VR, but the different methods give you varying degrees of success.  The one that worked best for me was that steam virtual desktop or something or other...  will find it when I get back home 

Engine they have chosen (Unigine 2) has support for VR and DX12. So I do hope it will not be some crazy job to support it. Right now the focus is on making it all work first.

But I do advocate for VR and DX12 as absolute must have if this game is here to stay after release in 2018/2019 and for years to come.