"in game time" offline

huschhusch

English (Translator used)

Hi Guys,
Because I assume that the time in the game for all players online as offline is constantly running, I would like to know what time in the game is just before I login.
In other games, you are also in the dark after the login. Then some game options are not useful and it makes more sense to login later. So I would find it good if the time of the game on the login page would already be visible.

German (orginal)

Hallo Leute,

da ich davon ausgehe das die Zeit im Spiel für alle Spieler online wie offline ständig weiter läuft, würde ich gerne Wissen welche Uhrzeit im Spiel gerade ist bevor ich mich einloge.

In anderen Spielen steht man nach dem einlogen auch mal im Dunkeln. Dann sind manche Spieloptionen wenig sinnvoll und es mach mehr Sinn sich später einzulogen. Daher würde ich es gut finden wenn die Uhrzeit des Spiels auf der Anmeldeseite schon sichtbar wäre.

mfG Die Waldfee

Because I am not your opinion.
1. The game knows where I am login.
2. Whether it is bright or dark at this point also knows.
3. The day / nigth cycle on Alioth is 5 hours and is probably also similar on other heavenly bodies (The Suns are rotating around the planets).

German (orginal)

da bin ich nicht eurer Meinung.

1. Das Spiel weiß wo ich mich einlogen würden.

2. Ob es an dieser Stelle hell oder dunkel ist, weiß es auch.

3. Der Tag/Nach Zyklus auf Alioth beträgt 5 Stunden und ist warscheinlich auch auf anderen Himmelskörpern ähnlich (Die Sonnen drehen sich um die Planeten).

mfG Die Waldfee

DU doesn't favor geocentric mechanics. The planets rotate and therefore it seems like the sun would move. But planets and suns are fixed for now and oonly rotate around their axis (this may change later).

Afaik they haven't stated anywhere that day/night cycles are similar/the same everywhere so that's just an assumption on your part. I'd hope for very VERY different cycles at some point

Hello Lethys,
And how do you do it with the moons?

German (orginal)

Hallo Lethys,

und wie machst Du es dann mit den Monden ?

mfG Die Waldfee

If there's no universal time for all areas due to tech reasons (keeping it simple), we indeed have to hope for simulated (or just different) times per planet and solar system, etc.

Otherwise, there would have to be data checks and local time for said places that could at best be displayed on some character selection screen, assuming you later have multiple characters and so on.

----------------------

German

Sofern es aufgrund technischer Einschränkungen keine universelle Zeit gibt (überall zur gleichen Zeit hell und dunkel), müssen wir wohl in der Tat auf unterschiedliche Tag-Nacht-Zyklen und Zeiten pro Planet, Sonnensystem, etc. hoffen. Und dann müsste entsprechend noch eine lokale Zeiterfassung drin sein, damit diese Zeit dann auch angezeigt werden kann. Am ehsten Sinn ergeben würde diese Zeitanzeige, wenn technisch machbar, dann im Charakterauswahlscreen.

Hello Warden,
I think you have it captured. Yes in the avatar selection screen (login page).
On Alioth would be noon 02:30/05:00 and midnight 00:00/05:00.
Is different on each heavenly body, but it is clear with the rotation time.

German (orginal)

Hallo Warden,

ich denke Du hast es erfasst. Ja im Avatarauswahlbildschirm (Anmeldeseite).

Auf Alioth wäre Mittags 02:30/05:00 und Mitternacht 00:00/05:00.

Ist auf jedem Himmelskörper anders, aber mit Angabe der Rotationszeit eindeutig.

mfG Die Waldfee

Hi guys,
I would not be a game spoiler, but the time is absolutely location dependent.
What you are describing is a kind of "Star-Time" equal throughout the universe.
A star time is most useful for correlating events at different locations (Z (ULU) time).
The time is important for knowing where you are in the day cycle. At a different place on the celestial body this time is of course different (Berlin - Tokyo).

German (orginal)

Hallo Jungs,

ich möchte ja kein Spielverderber sein, aber die Uhrzeit ist absolut Ortsabhängig.

Das was Ihr beschreibt ist eine Art "Sternzeit" die im ganzen Universum gleich ist.

Eine Sternezeit ist bestenfalls hilfreich um Ereignisse an verschiedenen Orten in Relation zu setzen (Z(ULU)-Zeit).

Die Uhrzeit ist dafür wichtig um zu wissen wo man sich im Tageszyklus befindet. An einem anderen Ort auf dem Himmelkörper ist diese Uhrzeit natürlich anders (Berlin - Tokyo).

mfG Die Waldfee

People already have trouble with utc, gmt, gmt+2, gmt-8..... And no utc and gmt are not the same thing 

It's easier to just have one time (server time, most likely utc+1 (now with daylight saving +2) because that's NQs TZ). 

I don't see any benefit to know the in-game local time (as one day would only be like 4 or 5 hours). If you want to attack in the dark, just DU it

Hello Lethys,
You can stay in space, there are not such problems.

German (orginal)

Hallo Lethys,

Du kanst ja im All bleiben, da gibt es solche Probleme nicht.

mfG Die Waldfee

Even on planets there aren't any problems. A general server time just makes more sense and creates LESS problems.

With your system I can already foresee the chaos:

"We'll spring the login trap at 13:00 alioth time and attack"

"Wait, I'm on The moon, what's the time there?"

"14:00"

"No, 12:00"

"But I'm on Canton, what's the time there?"

"Ffs ppl, know your time!"

Yeah. Benefits over benefits

Hello Lethys,
I think you were never with the military, otherwise you would know for combat Z(ULU)-time is used.
But if you meet anyone in Tokyo most local time is use

German (orginal)

Hallo Lethys,

offensichtlich warst Du nie beim Militär, sonst wüstest Du dass man für Kampfeinsätze Z(ULU)-Zeit benutzt.

Wenn man sich aber in Tokyo verabredet benutzen die meisten Ortszeit.

mfG Die Waldfee

Hello Lethys,
I would like this display only as additional information in the login screen (see 1.POST).

German (orginal)

Hallo Lethys,

ich möchte diese Anzeige erstmal nur als Zusatzinformation im Login-Bildschirm (siehe ganz oben).

mfG Die Waldfee