New Lighting Video...

Blakjac

/facepalm

Don't you agree this would be such a complex thing that it could have many many unseen border effect on the game stability, balance and all ? all the while wasting DEV TIME better used on more basic core mechanics.

And for what ?

Or do you simply spit on every comment you don't want to agree with ?

Don't you agree this would be such a complex thing that it could have many many unseen border effect on the game stability, balance and all ? all the while wasting DEV TIME better used on more basic core mechanics.

And for what ?

Or do you simply spit on every comment you don't want to agree with ?

Are you a split personality kind of guy? You clearly told them to 

You will have to implement an inertial speed and vector, matching the rotation speed of the planet I believe.

This is a useless complication from my point of view  :P

You clearly know how in-engine physics work. You pretty much solved the problem already. You clearly helped out, as you see, coding physics, is easy. 

Hummm, be mean all you want to, this won't make you right.

I do am, in fact, a professional developer, but I can only guess how a physic engine is coded since this is not my area of expertise.

From this perspective, knowing the general principle of gravity, forces, thrust and speed, it is quite easy to understand this will have WIDER effect to implement than just "make it spin". In fact, NQ don't even know themseves YET. They will need testing, and are foreseeing yet unseen problems, as told by Nyzaltar. And I know THAT very much. Anticipating the unseen.

SO, I reached MY OWN opinion. I think this is best not wasting time implementing this feature considering the many risk and the little gain.

I do know NQ will know better than me, this is not the point. If this is proving very much do-able they will consider doing it and voila, I won't be mad.

Is it worth a pink disdainful facepalm coming from what I am starting to consider as an attention-seeking person (to stay polite)  ? let me laugh. ;)

Hummm, be mean all you want to, this won't make you right.

I do am, in fact, a professional developer, but I can only guess how a physic engine is coded since this is not my area of expertise.

From this perspective, knowing the general principle of gravity, forces, thrust and speed, it is quite easy to understand this will have WIDER effect to implement than just "make it spin". In fact, NQ don't even know themseves YET. They will need testing, and are foreseeing yet unseen problems, as told by Nyzaltar. And I know THAT very much. Anticipating the unseen.

SO, I reached MY OWN opinion. I think this is best not wasting time implementing this feature considering the many risk and the little gain.

I do know NQ will know better than me, this is not the point. If this is proving very much do-able they will consider doing it and voila, I won't be mad.

Is it worth a pink disdainful facepalm coming from what I am starting to consider as an attention-seeking person (to stay polite)  ? let me laugh. ;)

I will tack the "misunderstanding in translation" box then, for everyone's sake. 

And the whole spin thing, would create a whole set of problems with the server having to keep track of each time the planet rotates and having to keep things nailed to it, which could be overcome you may say, by making the rotation occur every 0.00001 seconds, which would lead to the need of the server checking100000 each and every object not nailed to it to keep track of them. Now, multiply that number with any Element or Construct and yo uget a really big number of computations need on the server, with the probablity of hicc-ups that would be Jackass to shame as of hilarity. Ships detecting crash-course collision as of sudden movement and contact with the mass of the planet.

We need to remember, that the server is divided to clusters, not fragmentations of servers. If the game was working as EVE's universe does, your solution could be feasible, probably, but the game goes for a continuous world without loading screens.

If no spin is the hit we have to take for the game to sport flying ships with momentum, I will not even bother.

Amazing, jaw-dropping and absolutely beautiful. Give us the game already!!!

Yes it looks beautiful, love the sun and the aura around the planet. It looks nicer than I anticipated. I can imagine sitting in my ship and seeing something like that. Will be a sight to behold!