Dual Universe Community/Organizations API

Would anyone find any use in an API service that serves information about organizations and users from the community portal? 

Some type of API endpoint you'd be able to make requests to in order to get a json object back with whatever you queried for.

I see that tons of people pull their own metrics, but this would allow you to grab those metrics as they are refreshed nightly for "live" use, or even for use from a web app for pulling info quickly without having to do the scraping logic yourself.

I have such an API built already, but I need one or two people who may be interested in testing it or building some type of application around it to see if it's of any real value to anyone.

Please reach out if you're interested.

• 1 month later...
English (Google Übersetzer)

Hello yamamushi,
not everyone wants to be in a public list where they can not register or delete themselves!

German (original)

Hallo yamamushi,

nicht jeder möchte in einer öffentlichen Liste stehen in der er sich nicht selbst eintragen oder wieder löschen kann!

Die Waldfee

5 hours ago, huschhusch said:

Hello yamamushi,
not everyone wants to be in a public list where they can not register or delete themselves!

English:
Well, at this point it would only show the same things like the community page does. Don't create your org there any you would be hidden

Deutsch:
Naja, im Moment würde es ja nur die gleichen Dinge wie die Community Page zeigen. Eine dort nicht angezeigte Org wäre ja schon versteckt.

Hello MinerMax555,
yes I am as an organization momentarily visible to everyone, if I would like to use the advantages as an organization in this game.
So why must that be?

German (original)

Hallo MinerMax555,

ja ich bin als Organisation momentan für jeder sichtbar, wenn ich die Vorteile als Organisation in diesem Spiel nutzen möchte.

Also warum muß das sein?

Die Waldfee

12 hours ago, huschhusch said:

Hello MinerMax555,
yes I am as an organization momentarily visible to everyone, if I would like to use the advantages as an organization in this game.
So why must that be?

English: Native Speaker

While I do understand your concern of privacy, there is already a way to get all of the info I need. You can't and shouldn't really do anything about it either, because it is a backbone on which organizations will thrive and come up with solutions not normally available. 

Let me show an example. By going to https://community.dualthegame.com/accounts/profile/ you can see your profile. Going to https://community.dualthegame.com/accounts/profile/ and adding huschhusch will show your profile. You can do the same to find mine.

Dutch: Google Übersetzer

Terwijl ik uw zorg voor de privacy begrijp, is het al een manier om alle informatie te krijgen die ik nodig heb. Ze kunnen niet en niet weten wat ze doen.

Laat me je een voorbeeld laten zien. Als u naar https://community.dualthegame.com/accounts/profile/ gaat, kunt u uw profiel zien. Ga naar https://community.dualthegame.com/accounts/profile/ en het toevoegen van huschhusch laat je profiel zien. U kunt hetzelfde doen om de mijne te vinden.

Hello MasteredRed,

the question was not how to see the profile of a player (the links are known), but why everyone can see who is a member of my bank!
I would find it better to be able to determine, as a legate, which information of my organization is visible.

German (original)

Hallo MasteredRed,

die Frage war nicht wie man das Profil eines Spielers einsehen kann (die Links sind bekannt),  sondern warum jeder sehen darf wer Mitglied in meiner Bank ist!

Ich würde es besser finden, wenn ich als Legat bestimmen kann, welche  Informationen meiner Organisation sichtbar sind.

Die Waldfee

On 26/09/2017 at 8:28 PM, huschhusch said:

I would find it better to be able to determine, as a legate, which information of my organization is visible.

At the moment on the community portal all information regarding who is in what organisation is public. And the API would collect all public data.

In the future NQ might implement a feature to hide certain members in an organisation, or even hide a full organisation itself, from public view.

This API would possibly take things like that I to account, but for the time being it would collect all data.