PAX West 2017 Roll Call

yamamushi

Will you be attending PAX West 2017?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Attending PAX West 2017?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people from the forums/community will be attending PAX West this year. 

I was thinking of doing something a little special, not really worth discussing right now, but that depends on if there will actually be others there or if I'm going to be that weird one there by myself again :P

There will certainly be PAX attendees seeing the game, but I'm more interested in people from the community that will be attending at the moment.

Sidenote: If you haven't gotten a pass to PAX, but you know you'd be able to make it to Seattle, I recommend getting one on eBay. They're mildly expensive, but there's not really another way to get them at the moment. 

:'( it's going to be so awkward (again, because this happened last year) being the only fanboy at the booth. 

I hope they don't mind me sticking around this time, last time I got the impression I was being a nuisance being the fanboy at the booth so I wandered off and ended up spending way too much on sake at a sushi bar down the street all night. 

It's just weird because for me it's an opportunity to see/meet them, but they obviously are there to promote their game and for every minute I spend talking to them, that's one less minute they have to introduce a new person to the game. 

See Yama, you can be the guy that says "Yeah I've followed them for a while (sometimes literally) and they are great at replying and being open with their development! I'm totally not a paid shill!"

Maybe remove the last bit. ;)

8 hours ago, yamamushi said:

:'( it's going to be so awkward (again, because this happened last year) being the only fanboy at the booth. 

I hope they don't mind me sticking around this time, last time I got the impression I was being a nuisance being the fanboy at the booth so I wandered off and ended up spending way too much on sake at a sushi bar down the street all night. 

It's just weird because for me it's an opportunity to see/meet them, but they obviously are there to promote their game and for every minute I spend talking to them, that's one less minute they have to introduce a new person to the game. 

Well even if you don't stick around, you can help direct people their way. Or be the "community spokesman" for that event. Tell stories of all the dumb stuff people do already. 

• 2 weeks later...