Once Again.... The Reddit Community

yamamushi

23 minutes ago, yamamushi said:

If NQ had an official statement saying "we encourage people to use this one because of x-y-z", or even announced an AMA or something, then that would put the focus on one subreddit as the de facto one to go to for info about DU. They don't have to get involved in moderating it, they just would need to say "we think this one better reflects the community". 

To me, that falls under the category of "making it more active".

Again, there's nothing wrong with r/DualUniverse

Everyone should go there and have a look around for themselves.

The only issue with potential to hurt the community is the pointless constant subreddit drama that's being repeatedly instigated  by a small group of people.

I'm no longer a mod at r/DualUniverse but I still care about the community and the game and I hope to see everybody being active in the subreddit with helpful topics and discussions rather then try to stir drama.

What is the deal with all of this reddit stuff, if not you then who is in charge of r/du . I don't go anywhere near reddit and it seems I'm quite justified in that decision.

Whoever is in charge of r/dualuniverse should give it to Yamamushi, for crying out loud, I'm so tired of hearing about this. The people that put the time and resources into it are aligned with yama and his faction. I have only ever heard of you Aiden and r/dualunvierse through hearsay, where are your active community members. To be blunt, who gives a shit about a reddit that has no practical connections to anyone active in the community?

If you're done with managing it can you use your influence to persuade the one in charge to relinquish it to someone that we know from the community, Yama, Cybrex, Comrade, Twerkmotor, or any number of people that someone would recognize.

I'm not involved with all this fiasco but one can see from afar that you have one great thing going for it and that must be that you captured the DualUniverse name before anyone else could. Just swallow the pride and help get it to someone proper. Youll probably even get respect points and be ushered as a hero if you do help, but until things start making sense I'm going to have to say r/dualthegame is the affirmed reddit outlet for those who wanna do the reddit thing.

2 hours ago, AidenAiden said:

The only issue with potential to hurt the community is the pointless constant subreddit drama that's being repeatedly instigated  by a small group of people.

I'm no longer a mod at r/DualUniverse but I still care about the community and the game and I hope to see everybody being active in the subreddit with helpful topics and discussions rather then try to stir drama.

There is something wrong with r/DualUniverse; it is intentionally separating parts of the community. Neo is right, not a single person from that subreddit is actually here, because none of them are part of any other part of the community. Meanwhile, those active here on the forums are also active on the real subreddit, r/dualthegame, as are people who are found only there. There's a connection.

So please don't say there's nothing wrong with. It is trying to separate the community, that is what's wrong with it. 

2 minutes ago, ATMLVE said:

There is something wrong with r/DualUniverse; it is intentionally separating parts of the community. Neo is right, not a single person from that subreddit is actually here, because none of them are part of any other part of the community. Meanwhile, those active here on the forums are also active on the real subreddit, r/dualthegame, as are people who are found only there. There's a connection.

So please don't say there's nothing wrong with. It is trying to separate the community, that is what's wrong with it. 

Nothing is stopping anybody from participating in r/DualUniverse

Says they care about the community, yet gave moderator status to a brand new Reddit account that nobody in the community has ever heard of

LzFrhXT.png

Which was also suspiciously created at the same time their account was removed from Reddit.

And we're really supposed to believe this isn't an alt account? 

It's fairly obvious what's going on here.

38 minutes ago, AidenAiden said:

Nothing is stopping anybody from participating in r/DualUniverse

"

I wish you a wonderful day, AidenAiden.

I like that comment. It says a lot. Now, can we say the same thing the other way round: is anything stopping people from participating in r/dualthegame? The answer is a clear 'yes'. Freedom works both ways, let's keep it that way.

I don't know what kind of moderators there are in r/DualUniverse, but the very fact that they continue to cling onto r/DualUniverse - and that without being active on the Dual Universe Forums, tells me a lot. What kind of subsidiary company strikes its own path, disregarding the big picture? None: the leadership of such a company would be removed. In the case of Reddit, NQ clearly doesn't want to get involved, and I support that action. While I would be very inclined to follow the rule of Omerta, this case is something best dealt with publicly and with sufficient pressure - seeing as the mods have no interest in listening to the actual community. 

3 hours ago, AidenAiden said:

For once, I must state that I thought the drama about the Reddit was overrated. Your comments above prove me wrong. It is irrelevant who those mods are; if they truly did care about the big picture here: the success and positive publicity of Dual Universe, they would cease this nonsense immediately. As they haven't, we can only assume that they have their ulterior motives.

Above, you stated that you are no longer a mod. Very interesting. So, AidenAiden, what did you do to resolve this issue while you were a mod, other than clamping down on any mention of r/dualthegame? (something the previous mods are doing quite efficiently. Peculiar, isn't it?) So far, you haven't convinced anyone here that r/DualUniverse is the better option, other than having the 'Dual Universe' name. Kindly stop this rhetoric about this drama and that drama. It takes two to tango, and so far, you're quite the dancer in here. 

A small group of people are instigating this drama? How many people provided the game in the first place? The entire population of Paris? You make me laugh! Firstly, the potential to hurt the community isn't this - it isn't even close. Secondly, the fact that you made that statement shows either of two things - or even both: 

1. You clearly don't know this community. 
  2. You are being the Drama King here.

Seeing as you are the de facto public speaker for the mods, I suggest you spend more time with this community and you'll learn a few things. We don't bite that often, but when you have these many people of the same opinion, your side should do the smart thing and discuss. So far, there hasn't been much progress in that direction, has there? Stormy seas, I get it. 

Everyone should go there and have a look around for themselves.  Thank you, I did that. You know what would be better? Having both the current mods and actual members from this side of the Dual Universe Community work together on it. Two heads are better than one, and a three fold cord isn't easily broken. Sounds good for the greater Dual Universe Community, no? Obviously, to the mods, it doesn't.

The Dual Universe Community has spoken: open up r/DualUniverse and grant more power to the those actively participating in Dual Universe, or give it over completely. As every other means of diplomacy has clearly failed, I see no other reason to pay attention to these mods, whoever they are. With time, we'll see which sub-Reddit takes the trophy home.

In the meantime, vox populi, vox Dei: if you want the Dual Universe Reddit to be actually useful and you want the community in harmony over this issue, do your part in convincing the mods to bring in more of the active members of Dual Universe, or watch in silence if you can't. Defending them over what cannot and should not be justified is - quite frankly - shallow. 

Once again, I wish you a wonderful day. 

Cheers.

I'm not an active user at reddit since that page was blocked here in Indonesia, but i still barely give some visit by using VPN.

Just realized that there was a big problem in the DU subreddit, i can't say much about it but i hope the communities can solve this as soon as possible, because the community itself is the most important thing !

I will take a look at the r/dualthegame next time :lol: 

Edited by Reptoks
Fix a typo

10 hours ago, Aetherios said:

So, AidenAiden, what did you do to resolve this issue while you were a mod?

I offered them to be moderators in /r/DualUniverse. But they refused since they wanted full ownership of the subreddit. I said we would work together, but they did not trust me and insisted on one of them getting the full rights on the subreddit. If they want to help the subreddit so much, why can't they help without having full admin rights?

Also to all those sending me hateful PMs, you're wasting your time since I'm no longer a mod there so I can't give it away anymore, so perhaps figure out more productive stuff to do with your time instead of spending it all on those long hatemails.

36 minutes ago, AidenAiden said:

I offered them to be moderators in /r/DualUniverse. But they refused since they wanted full ownership of the subreddit. I said we would work together, but they did not trust me and insisted on one of them getting the full rights on the subreddit. If they want to help the subreddit so much, why can't they help without having full admin rights?

Also to all those sending me hateful PMs, you're wasting your time since I'm no longer a mod there so I can't give it away anymore, so perhaps figure out more productive stuff to do with your time instead of spending it all on those long hatemails.

"

I wish you a wonderful day, AidenAiden. 

You and I both know why - you stated it yourself: they did not trust you. 

It's not enough to distance yourself from the current mods. There is no 'them', there is an 'us'. While I won't go prying into details of why you are no longer a mod, I suggest you do try to be the nice guy in the equation here and reach out to both sides. 

They do want to help the subreddit so much, that is why they (not one person, mind you) request full admin rights. I won't push the blame entirely to you: neither side trusts the other here, and unless one side is willing to give a bow first, this is going nowhere. We can keep this merry go round spinning or we can hit the nail on the head. If you do want to help, like I suppose you do, kindly try to get the current mods to the table and let's discuss this thing like the adults we are. No drama, no emotions, no blown up pride. 

I see no reason why both sides can't resolve this peaceably. Exactly why are the full admin rights a problem? Do they creators of the sub-reddit fear that they could get kicked? I highly doubt that. How many of the mods are there in comparison to the number of people we want to add to the roster? We aren't bringing an army to the throne room here. Open the door for a couple or so mods, and leave the door open for mods with lesser rights. That isn't so difficult.

The fact is simple: someone/some people in some place, want complete control of something too large to handle alone. Until that is fixed, we can keep spinning and dancing in circles round the problem. 

The request remains the same as the reply above: open up the Reddit. 

Cheers.

"

Several of us considered giving him a pledge (I know I considered a Ruby pledge) as a show of good faith at the time. 

I know some people here won't look too kindly on that, but the point was that we wanted him to be part of the community.

I went with open arms and was turned away almost immediately, so I didn't bother bringing up the pledges and so it ended up not mattering anyway.

I'm still open to the idea of giving away a Ruby pledge, as I would love it if they were here with the rest of us on a day to day basis - and were effectively locked into a lifetime of being able to be part of the community. 

So Aiden, if Tablazu is indeed not your alt, you can tell them there's a lifetime subscription waiting for when they want to open things up for a new head mod and join us instead of trying to fight us for no discernable reason. 

And that's the last thing I have to say on this thread.

Hi everyone,

Please remain polite on the forum toward everyone, even if you are in conflict with some participant(s) in this thread.
As this topic starts to be recurrent, it seems there is a need to clarify publicly our stance regarding subReddit channels.

1) Please do not bash Reddit and Subreddit communities. 

Yes, there are drama, conflicts, rants and many other negative things that can be found on some subreddit channels, like on any platform. It’s the Internet. However there are also a lot of positive discussions and nice people on many channels. So please refrain to condemn redditors as the whole, without exception. Also, as mentioned before, Reddit is an efficient way of giving more visibility to Dual Universe. Not all Reddit readers are bad people (far from it) and it would be nice if we can show them that Dual Universe exists and might be a game they were waiting for.

2) Reddit insists to avoid having company staff in charge of the subreddit(s) talking about game(s) of the said company and we understand that. 

While it might seem as a poor excuse to get a non-qualified person in charge, but it's not: even if it's not the case of the majority, there are some companies that don't behave professionally when it comes to communication by silencing dissenting without exception. That’s sad to say but even it’s a minority of devs, some don’t act ethically when they get moderation rights. We are a few at Novaquark to have already witnessed that. Is the current subreddit management mode perfect? Probably not, as other abuses can be made, but we have to deal with it. For the same reason, we also understand that Novaquark has no right to put in charge any community member on a specific subreddit. The request must come from the community member alone.

3) In case of subreddit Moderator abuses.

The Reddit policy invites anyone targeted by an abusive moderation on a subreddit channel to contact directly the official Reddit staff (contact@reddit.com). You can tell us for informative purpose if you have been the target of an abusive ban by a subreddit moderator, but we won’t be able to help on that matter. To be more precise, here is an official (and understandable) stance of Reddit Staff:

“Account bans from subreddits are something we would generally only discuss with those directly involved for privacy reasons. If users feel that they are being unfairly targeted or harassed, they should contact us.”

4) The current situation between both subreddits talking about Dual Universe.

- On one side we have the oldest subreddit and the biggest number of followers, but with an erratic activity (nearly no activity during one year after its creation, then highly variable activity afterward) and not tightly connected to the existing Dual Universe Community.

- On the other side, we have a younger subreddit, created due to the inactivity of the first one, with less followers, but with a stronger activity and well connected with Dual Universe Community as it is managed by active members of the existing Dual Universe Community.

Both parties have reasons to claim their legitimacy. 

5) Which factor(s) we value as the most important to work with a subreddit channel.

Reddit seems to give more importance/legitimacy to the following factors:
- The seniority of a subreddit channel 
- The number of people who follow

While we respect their choice, we have however a different approach regarding the factors we value the most for a possible partnership, especially:
- The most regular / highest activity of a subreddit channel
- Regular members of the subreddit are already informed on all basic questions, being able to answer to newcomer questions without difficulties.

Why we chose these factors over those chosen by Reddit:
- We favor organic growth: in our opinion, a young but active subreddit is going to attract more naturally and efficiently new followers than an old but less active subreddit.
- Interesting discussions/debates can emerge on Reddit only if a large part of the readers are already well informed about the basic knowledge on the game.

In the case where the two subreddit channels talking about Dual Universe don’t merge peacefully, we see two scenarios:

a ) No subreddit merge but at least a gesture of goodwill from both sides to gather the whole group of Dual Universe fans on Reddit.
Considering the other subreddit channel as a “subreddit” sibling and inserting a link pointing towards it (which would mean that there is a link on /r/dualuniverse pointing to /r/dualthegame and another link on /r/dualthegame to /r/dualuniverse. Maybe even share the activities between both subreddits (like all basic questions would be posted on /r/dualuniverse and all the more complex discussions on /r/dualthegame. That’s just a suggestion based on how both subreddits have evolved until now and absolutely not an order). If such agreement is reached, there will be no problem to partner with both subreddits. However, it will be up to subreddit moderators to submit to Novaquark possible events they would like to do on their subreddit (not the other way around). Then we will discuss how much time we can allocate to such events.

b ) No subreddit merge and no agreement reached.
In that case, we will partner only with the subreddit that has the highest activity and connectivity with the community, for the reasons stated above.

As the moderator of /r/dualuniverse seems to be someone else than AidenAiden now, the new moderator will be contacted to inform him about our stance toward subreddit channels and we'll see what comes from the discussion. 

Best Regards,
Nyzaltar.

10 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

EVE Subreddit is OK I guess as an informal chatterbox. As a source of accurate information I'll pass..

You mean the stories of The Mittani single-handedly defeating BoB from his bath-tub... are all lies :V ???

sounds like alot of complaining. if you want that subreddit so much just offer to by that guy out. just like if someone got the domain name i wanted i would have to pay a premium price. if you are unwilling to buy him out then you have no reason to complain about he runs his subreddit.

On 7/25/2017 at 11:52 AM, TrueSkillz said:

sounds like alot of complaining. if you want that subreddit so much just offer to by that guy out. just like if someone got the domain name i wanted i would have to pay a premium price. if you are unwilling to buy him out then you have no reason to complain about he runs his subreddit.

If you look literally 6 posts up, there already has been a VERY enticing offer from @yamamushi.

47 minutes ago, armyboy941 said:

If you look literally 6 posts up, there already has been a VERY enticing offer from @yamamushi.

just because you think $500 in dual universe swag / game is worth it. Obviously he does not. His subreddit has the better name and has 4 times the number of subs.  he isnt even getting $1 per sub with that deal. Like i said you have to make it worth his time to give up the subreddit. which it probably wont come cheaply. Personally if it was me id be looking for atleast $5000

Just now, Lord_Void said:

Then if it was you, you'd get nothing

Here is the problem. he is not wanting to sale or even give up power. the smaller subreddit is the one that wants this. unless you are going to pay out the ears you are not going to get your way. personally i hate people that just register names to resell them at a crazy price but it is a valid business model. 

6 minutes ago, TrueSkillz said:

Here is the problem. he is not wanting to sale or even give up power. the smaller subreddit is the one that wants this. unless you are going to pay out the ears you are not going to get your way. personally i hate people that just register names to resell them at a crazy price but it is a valid business model. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think anyone should be trying to buy anyone out. I think the course of action suggested by NQ above is the best one. So to be clear, I'm not saying that I want anyone to buy anyone out.

All I'm saying is if someone was trying to sell the sub, that would be too high of a price. They could look for that much all they want but they'd never get it.

Ladies and gentlemen,

This right here above is what happens when you make assumptions on a situation based on a few posts without knowing the entire history and know in detail of what has been going on these past 2 years. 

Afaik, selling subreddits is against Reddit's terms of service.

Please let the people currently involved in the situation resolve this, both moderation teams of both subreddits have been in contact for the past several days.

Cheers,

Comrademoco