An artistic rendition of the first day after alpha

An artistic rendition of the five current largest orgs (TU, BOO, SI, CS, UL respectively) and how Alioth will look 24 hours after alpha launches. The small purple thing is the arkship.

The discussion around destructive mining practices got me thinking this. I don't speak on behalf of any org represented, this is simply an impression of these orgs that I had made based on what I've heard in discord in the past month and through recent videos posted on youtube.

This is a humorous take on things and meant to be in good taste. c:

Oh, apologies to Silverlight, I can't draw a spaceship so I did the next best thing. Enjoy.

28miy9w.jpg

Aww shucks you guys... I was totally expecting more rage but this is being received so much better than I thought! ^_^

14 hours ago, ShinyMagnemite said:

well...

It is a rather large possibility that this could occur... am I in the 3rd green boat called "not SI" then?

Ehh it's more of a not-so-sneaky gag I threw in at the last minute before I posted. I've never heard anything about Silverlight in a positive or negative fashion so I assume that they as a whole just do their own thing and take pleasure in being completely free of politics as opposed to the other four orgs, or at least they're quiet for now in pre-alpha. We'll see how that changes once they start wheeling and dealing with the other orgs.

Also, no one seems to have noticed yet. BOO sitting on top of the ark ship all Nixon style, those are middle fingers being held up. Felt like this small addition was needed because arms-up just didn't properly serve a pirate and/or anti-gov orientated org.

If the community is truly interested, I might consider doing these every once in a while. Sadly it will be content driven based on what happens in the community and me keeping my ears open to all that is going on. That will, of course, change when I return to college in the fall and go back to work again (took the summer off, god I miss em...).

I don't have a truely artistic side (I do write fanfics but that's something else entirely) so MS paint and maybe copy/paste icons should be all that you guys expect out of me.  :)

lol i think everyone noticed BOO and accepted that

btw, who cares about the overall skills you have? I enjoyed the hell out of this and i think since you used MS paint it came out even better??

I would absolutely love to see more of these from you!

The seemingly "cheap" art is usually the best art. Where artistic skills can't distract from the content itself, the meaning of the work becomes clear all the better.

And you can do a lot with MS Paint, believe it or not. I like to refer to Florkofcows who is one of the more popular and best rated artists in the current scene and does all his work with very simple drawings of sock puppets and text in Paint.
19248040_1868018003446904_56722586002569

Well then call me inspired, the crowd (like five people) wants it so I guess I'll be up to no good every now and then. At least I'll have something to pass the time I guess. 

Remember, yall are the ones that make the content, I just put it in a blender and make it look delicious.

Do those sword eaters put stuff on their swords before ramming it down their gullet? Huh, I'll have to go look it up.

Better also ask if I'd be better off leaving this stuff here in OTD or move it to the fan art section... I saw that the fan art section was really official looking stuff and mostly done by @yamamushi but that's beside the point but I do want this stuff in the right area if I'm going to be doing it every now and then. Also not sure if I should keep it all to one thread or make a separate one each time. Open to input.

Edited by DarkHorizon
Need opinions on stuff, and poking yama.

15 hours ago, DarkHorizon said:

Do those sword eaters put stuff on their swords before ramming it down their gullet? Huh, I'll have to go look it up.

No, they don't... I'm afraid you didn't get the joke :unsure:

4 hours ago, Croomar said:

No, they don't... I'm afraid you didn't get the joke :unsure:

Well now that you mention that I think I do know what you're talking about.

Not going to go there.

21 hours ago, yamamushi said:

I'd say if it's on-topic then put it in Fan Art :P

I filled up that forum in the hopes that it would encourage others to start making content and posting it there haha

Haha I tried.

I suppose I need to dedicate myself more tho to creating MORE.  I had some ideas in mind for wallpapers/ gifs...  

But overall I would have to say that the art section was created just for you since you've posted the most fan art, inspiring stuff!