NQ-Nyzaltar

Official Community Portal Bug Report thread

Not bug related but i wonder is there a limit to change display name on the community portal ? looks like there is no warn message like the one in the forums that said "you only can change it once per xxx"

Main site is all jacked up when you try to login. One page asks for email / password but only works with your Username and password and another page asks for username / password but needs the opposite. I think someone has these switched or just the wording on the actual pages.

Also on mainpage...if you fail to login for whatever reason you don't have an option for a "forgot my password" anywhere. I almost gave up buying my pledge package and went elsewhere. But I kept trying and figured it out.

Also not really a bug but when I first came to site to find forums......I click community thinking its the forums but I get to a page with no header image of "the forums" instead I get other links but had to click dropdown for the actual forums link. It may be confusing for people to find em?

This is the laundry list for the https://community.dualthegame.com/accounts/profile_edit/ page

1. can't change username, It just comes up with a cursor that is a circular do not symbol
  2. can't change email, again it just comes up with a cursor that is a circular do not symbol
  3. there is no where to opt out of the " x1 Name in the credits " that comes with all packages
  4. Display name needs to be on same page as username and email address so that is is blatantly obvious

So, apparently we can submit a ticket with support to change our email, BUT it's not a change of email address that gets done. They actually create a whole new account and all your old forum stuff and support info gets deleted!!!!!!!!!! (ok not deleted, but left behind on the old account) along with this your username gets overwritten with your new email address  (what a complete nightmare for someone that has multiple accounts, me) and you can't go back and change it because you all have blocked it!

May I suggest a solution to this nightmare assuming you all are using some kind of database to keep track of us? ACCOUNT NUMBERS!!!!!!! This is the thing that NEVER changes, it allows everything else to be fluid and changeable while maintaining the account. We never need to see it, or know it, or use it, but our current log in info is tied to it (and old also) so that everything we do is linked to it.

On top of this nightmare, when someone new comes to buy a package you all ask them for their email address, but no where do you tell this person image.thumb.png.6dbf7432576b06c11a2bf86ac2b04863.png

that their email address will be use as their username for all login purposes.

Now once the purchase process is complete they are supposed to be taken to a finalize their account page where the rest of the info for the account, but not their Username because of the above thing you all have done, but the port to the finalize account page doesn't always happen some blockers and browsers are apparently blocking that, and causing lots of confusion.

So on this little screenshot to the right there really needs to be 4 boxes that need to be filled out BEFORE anyone can click the checkout button:

1. Email you want to use with your game account: (yes, be very specific, so that some new gamer doesn't use their email address to their payment method or bank account, I know most of us know, but for the handful that don't, that don't know what they are doing, everyone has to start somewhere)
  2. Username that you will use to log into your game account: (again a little drop out box to explain this will be used to log in to what and replace email address, you  know like the little circle question mark icons next to each item on the pledge differences page)
  3. Display Name for character and forum: (again a little drop out box that fully explains this is your character and forum name)
  4. Password: (yea we really need to get some good standards here like min 10 characters mix of letter/num/symbols going)

This addition of the before checkout page and the above fix to the community profile pages would fix A WHOLE LOT OF HEADACHE.

Someone really needs to get on to that fix about the email addresses being used as usernames, and because of how you have set up that community portal page image.png.6560ff4c16dba1805e72a3fec39a10fb.png

with the username being the only way to log in, you really need to collect a username when the account is created and the purchase page.

The other option is to use Username and/or Email for the login.

Alright, there is a whole other solution to this buy account debacle: When they click on image.png.36965188dc4a4f49de69f384a429d7d9.png button it check to see if they are logged in and the community profile is complete, if any of this is false it takes them to https://community.dualthegame.com/accounts/login/ where they can sign in and add missing info OR click the register now which should be made bigger than what it is now image.png.f20961a2c9c0e0044a158ab1b503d6da.png make that as big as the buy this pack button!

Then  add Display Name to the https://community.dualthegame.com/accounts/register/ and everything is done in one page. They click register and are taken to the https://www.dualthegame.com/en/login (which by the way when are they all going to recognize when we log into one site our logon carries over to all the sites?) Where they login again and then get ported (finally) to the https://www.dualthegame.com/en/pledge/ where they are already signed in, have the account info good to go, and it should auto the email address and the purchase is the last part they need to do.

So why can someone that is NOT on the purchase page choose a username, but someone that gives you their email address on the purchase page get opted out and blocked from choosing a username other than their email address???? that seems like a punishment for someone giving you money.

Now you all really need to delete https://www.dualthegame.com/en/register and make all links that go to that page go to https://community.dualthegame.com/accounts/login/ and then you have one register page that takes care of everything and is universal.

UGGG this started out as such a simple email and username needs fixed, but........... look I actually really looked into this, I even bought an account and tested what the ehll was going on because I was seeing so many post in the forums of why can't i log in type crap. So This is sort of a rewrite of a ticket I made, but not really but here is the ticket number #13694

I will add one other thing, I understand you all just put up a ad for a front end dev, which I'm assuming will be taking responsibility for this mess, but why oh why have you waited this long? This is the first impression you present to every new client, and it's a mess. WE LOVE YOU ALL AND WANT YOU ALL TO SUCCEED, but please stop shooting your self in the foot, please, remember what I just said!

image.png.b52b9bdc604bc3b783bc9abbbc2068bd.png   When someone had purchase the highest pack available they really shouldn't see this button on their profile page at https://community.dualthegame.com/accounts/profile/, this screenshot was taken from an account that has the highest package available (confirmed by support a long time ago)

When someone has not purchased ANY packages they should not see the button image.png.aa73abbc1d19159aa300449a931d1f2a.png on their profile page either :( yea I have an account that doesn't have a pack because of the above dive down a rabbit hole, but yet there is that option to download. Also it shows image.png.61cc310ec43c0f2d8807c25613e2b7eb.png shouldn't that actually be buy pledge when someone doesn't even have one?

I know nit-picky-crap that is low priority, but yea add to the to do list?

19 minutes ago, Zireaa said:

when I change materal that has bin smoothed  it defatls back to a blck this did not use to happen for me 

You posted this in the community portal bug section, which is not under NDA.

For all bug reports use the in game bug report button found in the top right under the esc menu or go to Support and submit a bug report.

The forums are great for sharing bug reports, but they don't count as submitting bug reports to NQ so they can get fixed

I am not able to access NDA forums(I was able preciously) or discord (I have done the proper steps) so I think is a portal bug and must report it here.

pm for any info you need. I think is related to rights changes

8 hours ago, Raising said:

I am not able to access NDA forums(I was able preciously) or discord (I have done the proper steps) so I think is a portal bug and must report it here.

pm for any info you need. I think is related to rights changes

Make sure you submit a support ticket to get this fixed at Support

https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us