Why must we do this...

Mrsuper

Okay so imagine you are a moderator / developer for the game right. Your job is to go and search the forums for anything interesting about the game, maybe a golden idea the team hasn't thought of.

Great - so now try going through the forums to see how many of the posts are relevant. So just how many of the comments on some interesting posts have good content? Go on, have a look.

Which+is+why+one+should+write+their+liceJust-Stop-Talking.png58010861.jpg

To those of you out there that are posting so you can get your count up, just give at least some contribution to the discussion. Yea some banter and chat is fine though there is nothing stopping you from taking your conversations elsewhere.

What, exactly, is this post contributing to the forum, community, and game?

Other than probably starting a flame war, inviting a lot of hate, etc. I'm not here to breach said hate and start a flame war. My contribution to this topic would be my advice. I have not actually seen any one person who has spammed single worded responses to up their post count. I myself have spent a few hours on the forum any day that I have time for it to up my post count, by contributing. I probably have a few posts that are no more than a few words, however, they are perfectly fine to be there. There is no rule against laughing at a joke and expressing yourself with a post made up of a "ha ha" and a "xD". Sure, everyone is supposed to contribute in one way or another, however, it is still within the rules. 

While I sound like an ass, you do have a point. However, that point is better placed as a comment, and not as an entire thread. 

To those of you out there that are posting so you can get your count up, just give at least some contribution to the discussion. Yea some banter and chat is fine though there is nothing stopping you from taking your conversations elsewhere.

Oh so you mean taking it to let's say .... uhhh ... CHAT FORUM?  <_<

Oh so you mean taking it to let's say .... uhhh ... CHAT FORUM?  <_<

"It's on TeamSpeak, I guess. See <REDACTED>someone</REDACTED> for an invite."

What, exactly, is this post contributing to the forum, community, and game?

I believe this is quite obvious. It is a call for a permanent moderation team.

And I agree with that, seeing some other general behavior and attitude.

There is another thing with too large invasive signature, full color post, etc ... this is too much annoying.

If I were NQ i would probably first hire a lead moderator. Then maybe pickup one or two "free" moderators from the community, selecting ppl very carefully.

If I were NQ i would probably first hire a lead moderator. Then maybe pickup one or two "free" moderators from the community, selecting ppl very carefully.

That is currently a plan in motion, and we might be seeing moderators within a few weeks from now to help with policing the forums.

There is another thing with too large invasive signature, full color post, etc ... this is too much annoying.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't quote me with font size +9000. Are you trying to make a point? If so, you can easily do that with a simple disagreement.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't quote me with font size +9000. Are you trying to make a point? If so, you can easily do that with a simple disagreement.

This is called highlighting but fine. If you are not proud of your question, you should just say it ;)

What about disagreement ? I was just trying to answer your question. This is how a forum is supposed to work unless I am mistaken ?

You sound like the guy who can't stand his ground on any arguement and demands moderators to scold anyone who calls you out on your faulty logic.

The reason I'm using full colored fonts for threads, is to keep track of who quoted, the same way I segment my comments, so people can quote me with precision.

Why would I have full color post? Oh well, because I'm colorblind and the pink font is the kind of color that dense and insecure people like yourself would never pick, due to some prejudicial idea associated with the pink color itself. But hey, don't mind thinking it through or ask first right? That would make you an adult, Yeah, and by all means, do look through my posts and check how many times I've responded and explained this to people. And don't worry, I did send a message to Nyzaltar explaining that if people feel any frustration towards this font and speak harshly, to not be judged because of them not knowing my health issues' background.

You act like a 12 year old. "If I was Superman, I would take the guns of ALL the people in the world". Yeah, guess what, if the moderators were to ban everyone argueing with you, the forums would go quiet.

And people's attitude towards you, doesn't represent the forums, it represents your behavior towards them.

What are you talking about ?

Are you expecting me to engage in forum jousting with you all day long, I could not see a more boring way to spend a day. On others topic I have made some points, you disagreed in a quite arrogant manner and VOILA. There is nothing else to it. If you can't stand for other ppl to have another opinion than yours, don't go in the internet sir !

Did I even talked to you there ?

Did you know that I don't like to park my car too close to another one ? so, I am parking on the avenue to solve this personal problem, what could go wrong eh ? 404 Logic not found.

Don't even bother to answer that, I am not even reading you anymore sorry.

I am just going to type in fluo too ! seems like fun ! next step, a giant signature that I will change everyday to make the haters hating

/s

Anyway, back on topic: thanks for coming and proving me right about the need for moderators ;)

Meanwhile, I have just started to "ignore" some users i consider toxic to civil and courteous discussion.

Guys, could you please talk about constructive topics and refrain to flame each others?

Yes, as a community grows, moderation is more and more needed. And yes, it's going to be taken care of:

- A new CM will join the Novaquark team very soon.

- We're considering assembling a moderation team.

For now, I will close this topic, to prevent more unnecessary flaming between members.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.