A few suggestions

ADFormer

So first, this is actually the game I always wished someone would make. Also I did not see any sort of hangers or hanger doors/gates in any of the videos, so I was wondering, is anything like that is going to be added, if not can it be added? Just as a way for gigantic ships to have a storage, large gates open, and swarms of fighters come flying out :D. Also what does the LUA scripting stand for? And is it like this kind of scripting used in  the game 'scrap mechanic', or more along the line of Python, java and big things like that? And also, through out all the videos on the YouTube account, I only saw one kind of weapon, is that it or are there more? Finally I saw the developer say he was not going to add automated mining, does that mean there will be no 'ore seeking lasers' or will the only mining available be on foot? If that is true, could you possibly add drills for ships that have to make physical contact with the ore for ships? 

hi and welcome to the forum

- Hangar doors: TBA, but technically possible. Maybe after release some day

- LUA is a scripting language and you can edit the controls of the ship for example (evasive maneuvers on pressing T or something). It's there to help and aid the player, but you can't program AIs with it or completely automate certain things (like mining)

- It's the nanoformer - your multitool for mining, building and so on. No guns until now because AVA will only be implemented in late alpha

- No automated mining - no drills on ships for now. This is a MMO; it's about socializing, getting into a group, helping others and achieve great things TOGETHER.....not alone because you have no life and can mine 24/7

hi and welcome to the forum

- Hangar doors: TBA, but technically possible. Maybe after release some day

- LUA is a scripting language and you can edit the controls of the ship for example (evasive maneuvers on pressing T or something). It's there to help and aid the player, but you can't program AIs with it or completely automate certain things (like mining)

- It's the nanoformer - your multitool for mining, building and so on. No guns until now because AVA will only be implemented in late alpha

- No automated mining - no drills on ships for now. This is a MMO; it's about socializing, getting into a group, helping others and achieve great things TOGETHER.....not alone because you have no life and can mine 24/7

What the developers mean by "No automated mining" is that there will be no way to script a machine, using LUA, to automatically go out, and mine for you. I'm not sure whether or not we'll have drills on ships, I don't see why there wouldn't be. If asteroid mining is going to be a thing, (Which no one has officially mentioned that I am aware of.) then we will be needing drills.

Ok thx on the hanger doors and drills information, but the question I had for the LUA scrip was not exactly answered, what I wanted to know, now this is just me and I could be wrong but I read LUA as L.U.A. Which says to me it stands for something, what would that be, anything? Also when I asked which the LUA scrip was most comparable to "like this kind of scripting used in  the game 'scrap mechanic', or more along the line of Python, java and big things like that?" I meant, how hard is it to learn and understand? is it like the big thousands of lists of coding like with Python or Java or is it a more simple language/system used in games such as Scrap Mechanic or software such as ClickTeam Fusion 2.5?

"like this kind of scripting used in  the game 'scrap mechanic', or more along the line of Python, java and big things like that?" 

Its along the lines of java, python and big things like that. Depending on what you want to script, the amount of code could vary in size. For example, if you want an inventory sorting system (put certain items in certain cargo containers), thats going to take a while to script, whereas making a view screen display a sentence at the press of a button can be done in a few lines. If you have a decent understanding of how other game scripting works (like scrap mechanic) it should be easy to learn LUA. The only thing that will prove difficult is learning how you do certain actions (like comparisons, inputs, outputs, etc.) in LUA.

But if you are not so much into scripting, you can either ask someone else to do it for you (which may include monetary exchange) or buy one off the market (which will include monetary exchange).

I may just mention here that LUA was the first languages that I learned. I was only ~12 at the time and was able to write decent codes and my ~16 y/o brother was writing several ~50 page codes, so I don't think it's one of the harder languages. Not at least like C or C#, which is what I am using now.

I may just mention here that LUA was the first languages that I learned. I was only ~12 at the time and was able to write decent codes and my ~16 y/o brother was writing several ~50 page codes, so I don't think it's one of the harder languages. Not at least like C or C#, which is what I am using now.

Really? you didnt learn a language until 12? Most people learn at least one by the time they are 2-3. Some know 2-3 by the time they are 5.

Really? you didnt learn a language until 12? Most people learn at least one by the time they are 2-3. Some know 2-3 by the time they are 5.

:P  yes, yes. With all of my grammatical errors, you can see that I obviously still haven't learned English.

ok thx, yeah I'm probably going to take the lazy way out of scripting, at least at the start, maybe I'll take the time to learn it and I saw the force field things as well Novark Citizen, I was just thinking something like this could be added:

• 2 weeks later...

Scrap Mechanic analogy can be found here as NQ is adding those elements when you can use connect tool to create logical interactive connections. Yeah.

Lua is more like low level access to those parts when you can script your own behaviour. It's more like Technic computer mod known from Minecraft. It is also using LUA. It provides an API to each functional block that you can script and use methods it can provide. I believe API itself will be documented and provided so the community can turn this into usable scripts other players can reuse. But because API simply expose functionality of each block then can easily prevent things like automated drilling or things they think may have an negative impact on economy or game play.

On 4-7-2017 at 4:41 PM, Dominar said:

If asteroid mining is going to be a thing, (Which no one has officially mentioned that I am aware of.) then we will be needing drills.

Actually JC said in one of the interviews that there won't be any mining ships. 

I think that means that for now there are also no elements that either scan or drill for ore. And for all the reasons that have been brought up before that is a good thing.

The most important reason being that the impact on the economy from a new player's perspective is a big stumbling block to add elements to the actual mining gameplay. A new player could not compete with mass produced ores in an open economy. 

JC did say that in time they might look into some type of game play that adds mining functionality to constructs. One idea I recently had is that the scanning for ore is something that might translate into an element for mass mining. I'm sure NQ can come up with something when it's time to introduce it. 

As for actual asteroid mining, park your ship and suit up! It's not going to mine itself. ?

Hmm...how to remove this...