(Spaceship-)HUD - highly scriptable

fabsch412

How cool & useful would it be if we could script our own (spaceship-)huds and fill them with custom data such as public and private informations. (trading price rates, popular organisation activities, private organisation activities etc.)

I know they already said that they will make it possible to create (/customize) our own hud with html but I think that is not enough.

I think we need atleast some possibitly to script the (spaceship-)hud and not just redesign it.

Or do you think we should all use the same huds for spaceships? :D

Novaquark already plans extensive customization (and scripting) for HUDs in cockpits and interfaces.

This is entirely correct, to the point, informative and lacking in snark. You feeling alright? ;)

We know there will be LUA for the functional scripting, for interfaces there will be CSS and hopefully some HTML.

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2017 at 0:18 PM, Kurock said:

This is entirely correct, to the point, informative and lacking in snark. You feeling alright? ;)

We know there will be LUA for the functional scripting, for interfaces there will be CSS and hopefully some HTML.

I kind of wonder if we will be able to create buttons in the cockpit huds? Simple example: an interactive button in HTML to start the engines.

45 minutes ago, Alex_Rogan said:

I kind of wonder if we will be able to create buttons in the cockpit huds? Simple example: an interactive button in HTML to start the engines.

We most likely will. Even if we can't, there are still physical buttons that can do everything that is possible within scripting and the Elements.

So far in dev-diaries, we have seen fighter-type cockpits, but will there be starship-bridge type elements?

Type A: all-in-one control panel: It's like that block in Space Engineers where you plop it down on a ship and it provides all the same functionalities as the cockpit, just with a different shape

Type B: designing individual controls: We know that there will be buttons, logic gates, and Lua scripts to control things, as well as screen blocks. With this, it should be possible to create a ship with full-control capabilities *without* any cockpit blocks. Some features that would make this more practical are: cameras that can relay input into the screen blocks and possibly a "steering wheel" to control the ship.

I would also like to see cockpits that had a large amount of its internal area be interactable screens so we can program buttons into it.

3 minutes ago, 0something0 said:

So far in dev-diaries, we have seen fighter-type cockpits, but will there be starship-bridge type elements?

Type A: all-in-one control panel: It's like that block in Space Engineers where you plop it down on a ship and it provides all the same functionalities as the cockpit, just with a different shape

Type B: designing individual controls: We know that there will be buttons, logic gates, and Lua scripts to control things, as well as screen blocks. With this, it should be possible to create a ship with full-control capabilities *without* any cockpit blocks. Some features that would make this more practical are: cameras that can relay input into the screen blocks and possibly a "steering wheel" to control the ship.

I would also like to see cockpits that had a large amount of its internal area be interactable screens so we can program buttons into it.

The Devs built a freighter with a three seater cockpit.

Here is the video. 

On 8/7/2017 at 8:09 PM, 0something0 said:

to add to @Alex_Rogan's response, they have also mentioned previously that the dream is that larger spaceships will require several players to control because each person will have a specialized role (think Star Trek bridge), and while you can automate some actions such as weapons and thrusters, the mantra is to ensure that a human controlling the same will always be more efficient.

On 12/08/2017 at 7:40 PM, Kuritho said:

You need a touch-feedback screen for that. It's way too much effort.

?  Nooo

just return the x,y coordinates of wich pixel the player was pointing at when he pressed "use" not that hard, the coordinates could be easly obtained and it won't cost anything in ressources