So I was watching videos from the Dual Universe channel:

Dual Universe - YouTube

And I saw how big the cores for building were.

After seeing the sizes of them, I wondered if they could ever be resized to smaller versions but with the same functionality, preferably for smaller ships, such as: pods.

---------------------------------------------------------

Check Out My YouTube Channel: MaxedMASKED

Will each core have a building limit? Like you can't have more than 100m diameter to your ship?

Im sure someone has more specifics, but yes. It seems that each core size increases the side of the build. Not sure if its a block count, I recall it being a volume build space. Bigger cores have larger volumes.

Now we had a discussion recently regarding this. It was mentioned having unlimited build size. So is this done by having the largest core infinite in build size (seemed to be the suggested mrthod when first brought up last year), or can you tack on more cores to increase the size where needed. I dont know which, and I dont recally anyone having a confirmed answer.

I would hope that they have the cores limit the size of your construct (the largest being infinite sounds good). It would seem strange to have a pocket sized core tucked away somewhere in a capital vessel.

I would think that each core gives an ever increasing building area based on the size of the core, but the largest is not infinite, just very big.  Then to build even larger constructs, cores would be linked to make ever larger constructs. Course, the more cores the more expensive the construct would be.

Though NQ might have a completely different way of doing things.  We will find out...soonTM.

I would think that each core gives an ever increasing building area based on the size of the core, but the largest is not infinite, just very big.  Then to build even larger constructs, cores would be linked to make ever larger constructs. Course, the more cores the more expensive the construct would be.

Though NQ might have a completely different way of doing things.  We will find out...soonTM.

Yes, I think that would be the best way

I would agree other than the issues of what has to be done with these extra cores. If you build to max with one core, add another core, and then add a bit more material, what happens when you try to move/remove the core? Can you not until the material drops below the single core limit again?

I would agree other than the issues of what has to be done with these extra cores. If you build to max with one core, add another core, and then add a bit more material, what happens when you try to move/remove the core? Can you not until the material drops below the single core limit again?

Yeah, shpuld be an easy check to do. Theres a few other games out there that do the same. Or at least raise a flag and make the ship inoperable

A Core provides an area you can build in. You cannot build outside that area. With core linking (if NQ go this route) it does raise the issue of whether cores should be removable at all. But yes, a solution could be to not allow the removal of a core if 1) it leaves any voxel or element outside of the new building area and 2) does not break the ship into multiple disconnected parts or disconnected build areas.