Nomadic politics

Tharanatos

I'm looking into the idea of gathering a loose confederation of Nomadic Corporations. The idea is to provide protection for all members including lone-wolf types, as well as shared tech, trade-info, mercenary job opportunities, and motherships with regeneration nodes available to the entire coalition. Aside from a few rules such as no piracy, no mercenary work against the coalition, and answering the call to mutual defense if possible, each member Corporation will be free to play as they wish. Are there any Nomads or smaller Corporations that are interested in joining? If so then I've named this Corporation the Stellar Nomads. Feel free to join.

Would everyone be traveling in a single ship for the most part? I guess I don't see what being an organization together actual does other than give you a name if you are not close enough with other party members to interact. Not that it is a bad thing, just curious what you are thinking.

The idea is that if someone has trouble with pirates or something like that, then we might be able to coordinate efforts to deal with the problem. Other than that, we will also as a platform for the exchange of trade info. There might also be a shared tech pool that might help smaller Corporations stay on par with our larger neighbors.

Hi, cooperation always seems good to me. So, good luck...

Would everyone be traveling in a single ship for the most part? I guess I don't see what being an organization together actual does other than give you a name if you are not close enough with other party members to interact. Not that it is a bad thing, just curious what you are thinking.

Mainly because a mobile base is the best protection against hostiles. People which don't know where you are can't bother you... It's the most widely used strategy in Space Engineers for exemple.

In space, it's quite hard to find someone and a secret base (as a ship) can easily be moved away if it is compromised. That's a big advantage in comparison with ground bases.

Plus, it's definitly a fun Roleplay... I like the idea, even if I would probably not play this way to DU.