Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.1.7 9-27-17

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.1.8 10-2-17

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.1.9 10-21-17

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.1.10 11-11-17

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.2.1 12-04-17

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.2.2 02-24-18

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.2.3 04-18-18

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.2.4 06-05-18

(newer images found in the last pages of this board)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, this is Shockeray, GM of Soul Nebula.

After waiting for an updated version of the original community map to show itself on the forums for a long time, I finally took it on myself to create my own up-to-date version. After a lot of original set up, my method now requires little time and almost non-existent server strain, allowing me to refresh it many times a day if there ever was a reason to. Due to my limited knowledge of this type of undertaking, TheGreatSardini helped me with the start up. Unless I missed one, this map should contain every organization with at least two members.

(Although Graph Commons may not be the best available method of displaying this node map, it is the best that I have found available to the public.)

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.1.1 6-25-17

And for those who can't load the page, I have attached a completely oversized screengrab below which will give you the general idea.

BGZKfUK.png

Glad someone else is making one now too! I have actually updated mine a few times, though I never announced it. 

Also, I was able to edit yours. I feel like I shouldn't be able to do that.

Also, I was able to edit yours. I feel like I shouldn't be able to do that.

I don't think that any changes other people make actually save, I am pretty sure they are all client side. And I am curious what you are using to display your map; I didn't notice by poking around in the HTML.

I don't think that any changes other people make actually save, I am pretty sure they are all client side. And I am curious what you are using to display your map; I didn't notice by poking around in the HTML.

Huh, I guess you're right. It didn't save. That's good.

Mine runs off a Javascript based system called Sigma. 

I would suggest you add one thing, whichever dot you hover over you sahould have it display the name or org without having to click on it.

I would consider this except I only built the data-retrieval method and uploaded the data, the display is done completely through Graph Commons, so I can't change it. They may be interested in that suggestion though.

Nice map! It really puts everything into perspective. I never realized there were so many organizations already with the game being just in pre-alpha and all...

There are another ~1100 organizations that only have one member, I don't know how many of those creators aren't in other orgs, but I would assume it's around 500.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, all of the name changes!

There seems to be some kind of amalgamation between the Unity League, Galactic Exchange, "Coming Soon", and a few others (former TVR).

The Eldritch Nation (former TUAF) seems to have settled on their name, same with The Opean Federation after their merge with The Brotherhood.

Also a newcomer "??????" makes me suspect that Yamamushi is growing his cult.

THE United Political Rebels seem to have almost vanished.

And finally, Soul Nebula is at 24 members; yay us!

(I ran a few of these facts past @Kurock, so blame him if any of them are wrong :P)

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.1.3 7-20-17

image as always...

vkZ3wEm.png

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so for 1.1.4 I cut out all of the 2 member orgs in order to gain some performance. I know there are a lot of you that are no longer going to be on the map, but it was seriously laggy. Just go invite a friend or family member and you will be on the next map. (Please don't just make alts. It's not allowed and a great way to lose reputation or your org.)

It seems that all orgs with Ardour as legate have "mysteriously" vanished. Not gonna comment more on that, but here are the orgs I noticed missing: Unity League, Galactic Exchange, Coming soon, AEF Counter Intelligence Agency, The Bulwark Treaty.

Cartagena is still being a pain and tying a bunch of orgs down. (Organizations should be allowed to be free! This captivity is a crime! Join Soul Nebula to be free of Cartagena's bondage!)

Would be interested in seeing how the community is growing. If only @Anasasi would update his charts... (the updated community page probably messed up his gathering method though)

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.1.4 8-1-17

and image!

4h5nnok.png

I have been extremely busy with real life things and the likes lately, unfortunately, my gathering methods were rather lack luster and the changes made things harder. Good to see these projects are still up and running though! These are always really neat to read into and look at. 
I may or may not come back into the charts on a less aggressive level (i.e, weekly instead of daily), it was getting rather tedious. 

But, that being said, good work, again. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not too many changes recently, there are a few new smaller organizations.

@yamamushi, @Kurock, and @Astrophil are amassing a large number of smaller organizations, not sure what they are up to with that. :D

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.1.5 8-19-17

Image as usual:

Q1CI89A.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Somebody sneezed over in Cinderfall Syndicate and a bunch of members went flying. We'll see if the members remaining are made of heavier stuff.

Another 10 or so new organizations to hit 3+ members and The Blue Moon ᵀᵃᵛᵉʳⁿ is steadily growing.

Also Polestria is on the right side...

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.1.7 9-27-17

imgur ftw:

ERAaqvb.png

(Soul Nebula still exists)

I figured that after the first pre-alpha test would be a good time to create another map.

This time I let everything resettle and so I think it's a bit better sorted. Although it is hard to tell what has changed, it looks prettier...

I hear that Polestria may be showing signs of life again.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that we have some kind of strange chain ring forming around the TU...

Shockeray's Dual Universe Community Map 1.1.8 10-2-17 (<-- click here for interactive map)

Image for slow internet/mobile.

RLxOGE6.png

(Soul Nebula is in the top 20)