Limoriden

So this is just a random question and idea, but what about life....in space itself.

I took this idea from the Star Wars series to start off with.When people are in space in these movies there are creatures in space itself off of the planets, (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Space-borne_creatures) I really liked this idea because it seems very realistic, because there could actually be creatures in space. This is just a thought though, I would really like to hear your thoughts. Thanks for reading! -Limoriden. 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Neebray/Legends

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oswaft

ap-5-double-agent-droid.jpeg

The likelyhood for actual life to survive in space is unlikely (mostly because of the near vacuum) and Star Wars isn't known for being realistic. 

The only things we know that can survive in space naturally are single cell organisms. Even tardigrades (the toughest multi cellular organism on planet earth) will die after a month of being exposed to space. 

The likelyhood for actual life to survive in space is unlikely (mostly because of the near vacuum) and Star Wars isn't known for being realistic. 

The only things we know that can survive in space naturally are single cell organisms. Even tardigrades (the toughest multi cellular organism on planet earth) will die after a month of being exposed to space. 

Not to mention, honeybadgers can't survive in space.

If honeybadgers can't take vacuum, nothing can.

Not to mention, honeybadgers can't survive in space.

If honeybadgers can't take vacuum, nothing can.

idk, i think mm's thick skull could withstand space for a few months

Although I'm fairly sure many of you know already, I'd like to point out that life can indeed survive in outer space. Since survival, life and existence aren't synonymous it doesn't necessarily help the topic, but in terms of sci-fi, we can make something out of it.

Tardigrades are able to survive in the vacuum of outer space and under pressure six times greater than that on the highest pressure on earth (deepest part of the Mariana Trench) and temperatures from 1K to 400K. 

SEM_image_of_Milnesium_tardigradum_in_ac

These little critters are practically immortal, they can also survive radiation hundreds of times greater than the dose lethal to humans and they can go 30 years without food and water. They can live anywhere on earth, including volcanos, Antarctica and even underwater and in the deep sea. To be fair, they enter a phase of paralyzed / dried-up / cryosleep kind of state when in extreme situations, so they aren't essentially alive in the deepest sense.

But if life like this exists on earth already, a science-fiction universe can create an exo-planet in which evolutionary processes are just slighlty more advanced (slightly in terms of evolutionary scales) that bring forth similar, extremely resistant creatures that have adapted to life in extreme environments and may just hold some of their organic functions similar to how whales stop their breathing underwater. The concept of the space whale is overall not too unrealistic.

Although I'm fairly sure many of you know already, I'd like to point out that life can indeed survive in outer space. Since survival, life and existence aren't synonymous it doesn't necessarily help the topic, but in terms of sci-fi, we can make something out of it.

Tardigrades are able to survive in the vacuum of outer space and under pressure six times greater than that on the highest pressure on earth (deepest part of the Mariana Trench) and temperatures from 1K to 400K. 

SEM_image_of_Milnesium_tardigradum_in_ac

These little critters are practically immortal, they can also survive radiation hundreds of times greater than the dose lethal to humans and they can go 30 years without food and water. They can live anywhere on earth, including volcanos, Antarctica and even underwater and in the deep sea. To be fair, they enter a phase of paralyzed / dried-up / cryosleep kind of state when in extreme situations, so they aren't essentially alive in the deepest sense.

But if life like this exists on earth already, a science-fiction universe can create an exo-planet in which evolutionary processes are just slighlty more advanced (slightly in terms of evolutionary scales) that bring forth similar, extremely resistant creatures that have adapted to life in extreme environments and may just hold some of their organic functions similar to how whales stop their breathing underwater. The concept of the space whale is overall not too unrealistic.

Ohmygod. Imagine accidentally landing on an planet, which puts the planet in quarantine due to a variant of this that caused disease.

But this is a game. I'd think having flying cubes would also be sorta cool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully there would be an ecosystem for wildlife everywhere. Hopefully the usual foodchain with a few cool additions (radiation-feeders, detoxifying organisms, explosive/volatile creatures, ect)