(Insert some very long words to make this topic look like i know what im talking about)

Lights

Hey so i was thinking as I slump in my chair contemplating stuff.

what if one way you can disable a ship, with destroying voxels, and not overloading the server is to possibly do this.

Lets say you send a rocket to a generator conveniently placed on top of the ship because someone still tries to make a star destroyer thinking its very original. 

when the rocket hits the generator, it wont explode and randomly destroy the ship in peculiar places, but rather, it destroys the generator, which takes away a certain radius of voxels and elements around it., this way you cant just send a million rockets in the general direction of a ship, and have it randomly destroy voxels, but instead it will only be destroyed if people leave stuff on the outside alot. so if you send a million rockets, and the ship only has 1 generator on top, and nothing else with explosion capabilities, those rockets may hit the ship alot, but only the area around the generator is disabled by voxel removal., and if rockets and such forth hit non vital areas such as the hull, instead of making holes there, it will take away HP from the ship, as Twerk in a previous thread suggested.and to make the rockets always usable  and not obsolete because someone finds a way to use engines and stuff only inside and surround their ship with hull, make it so some stuff have to be on top of the ship to work, such as antenna, shield generators etc, this allows destruction by voxel removal without having so much that the server tries too hard calculating stuff.

Log: 17/6/2017

TwerkMotor Syndrome has started. Extremely infectious. Everyone is advised to stay indoors.

If contracted, immediately try and become a potato in order to counteract the sudden flood of intelligence and enlightenment.

Log: 17/6/2017

TwerkMotor Syndrome has started. Extremely infectious. Everyone is advised to stay indoors.

If contracted, immediately try and become a potato in order to counteract the sudden flood of intelligence and enlightenment.

intelligence and enlightenment.    more like toxicity and trollness, but lets not feed the troll here.

Anyway, I disagree with the idea because it feels unnatural. There is a reason why there are voxels in this game. I do, however, agree with having to place things outside of the ship by detecting obstruction in its path