How should we go about naming our characters in DU

Names of Users in DU  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What naming system is most preferable

• Just a single First Name
    • A First and a Last Name
    • A full First Middle and Last Name

21 hours ago, Kane Hart said:

No thanks. If there is a local ass trolling I want to know who it is without them getting away from trolling lol. Maybe that is just me but this day of age I feel like anon trolls will just ruin more of the game. 

I agree, no anon.  It would be 10x worse than the alt situation we're all dealing with atm.

oh you could implement a system with just an id or something if you don't have the (In-game!) means to detect his real affiliation/name yet. So you got a "name" nonetheless but no clue who he is. You can then block/report/whatever anyhow.

They'll go for an easy system for release imho, but such a detection system, if well balanced, would be a great addition

The Question that comes with this is:

Will Names be Moderated? Not only for Sexual Content, Harassment, ... but furthermore for 'Roleplaying';

So the all famous 'will xXx360NoScopeXxX be possible' ?

On 10/07/2017 at 9:15 PM, Inasyah said:

The Question that comes with this is:

Will Names be Moderated? Not only for Sexual Content, Harassment, ... but furthermore for 'Roleplaying';

So the all famous 'will xXx360NoScopeXxX be possible' ?

Ofcourse it will. There is no way people should, would or could moderate silly names. The whole game is not a roleplaying server, it's a whole game with a variety of players boasting different playstyles. No sense in punishing people who aren't roleplayers just because.

Give me displayed First and Last, and easy accessible ID. Add an option to hide names for the inclined.

• 3 weeks later...

I defeitly hope for a Name System like that what @Kuritho or @Dociel said.
I want be able to give my charackter a nickname!

And to what was said by @Lethys

It would be very interesting when you not instantly know every name of a player just because you see him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 11:34 PM, ShinyMagnemite said:

I agree, no anon.  It would be 10x worse than the alt situation we're all dealing with atm.

There is an opportunity here...

I think usernames by-default should be displayed and easy to see. Characters should be easy to identify, ships too.

However, there should be items that can scrample or spoof ID information, and consequently items that can un-scramble them. For example, a player could invest the XP and levels into stealth skills on the skill try to be able to use a purchased scrambler (and like any other tool or module, it would require energy or have some sort of cooldown or something). This would let them be anonymous for a period of time, or kick out a dummy name, or censor the name. heck, a really strong/expensive version might even kick out a name of your choice (framing other people).

But this would be a huge hoop to jump through, it would have to be a big enough hoop so that people couldn't just set up a burner account just to mess with people, or make trial accounts and run around spoofed.