Core Units

Anyone have information on how core units are going to work? I am thinking there are going to be static and dynamic but I am not able to confirm much more than that. I swear I have seen or heard someone from NQ talk about it somewhere.

All I was able to find is this.

From that picture, it looks like there will be multiple sizes? Any ideas what the different sizes might be for?

As far as I know, the different sizes of the core unit denote how big the structure can be. I don't remember if any specifics were given as to how big, but I'd imagine the small one would be for fighters/outposts, the medium for ????/small bases, and the large for stations and huge land bases.

Well, if more Core Units can be added to expand a Core Unit's original building zone, then it means LARGE Core Units are more economic for buildinjg large constructs that smaller ones, while smaller ones benefit in weight for smaller constructs.

Who knows.

I believe in a Dev Diary or DevBlog they mentioned sizes for constructs. I don't remember which one it was though. Each one denotes a certain amount of voxels which in turn would be its general "size." The more voxels it covers, the larger the construct can be

With all due respect, I have no idea how that was the only information you were able to find. This is the very first result when googling "dual universe core units":

https://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Core_Units

I didn't think there would be a wiki page about them yet... I feel smart now lol. Though I did mean I couldn't find more from NQ directly.

I believe in a Dev Diary or DevBlog they mentioned sizes for constructs. I don't remember which one it was though. Each one denotes a certain amount of voxels which in turn would be its general "size." The more voxels it covers, the larger the construct can be

This was more along the lines of the information I was looking for. A dev diary/dev blog or as mentioned above something direct from NQ.

I didn't think there would be a wiki page about them yet... I feel smart now lol. Though I did mean I couldn't find more from NQ directly.

This was more along the lines of the information I was looking for. A dev diary/dev blog or as mentioned above something direct from NQ.

I see then what you were looking for. While I understand your skepticism, I can assure you that any information on the wiki that is not 100% confirmed information that came directly from NQ (and there is very little) is notated as such. Glad you were able to find what you were looking for. :)

Edit: Since I would never dream of giving anyone a hard for wanting a source for information, here is where most of the wiki pages information came from:

https://facebook.com/dualuniverse/photos/a.303621166476929.1073741829.247958025376577/587550578083985/?type=3&theater

Edited by ATMLVE

didnt they allways say that you can build limitless in size? that was the main point of the whole advertising.

Don't recall that exact line ever being said or advertised. Thinks it more that while yes we can build great and large things it comes at great cost and expense in time and resources.

Don't recall that exact line ever being said or advertised. Thinks it more that while yes we can build great and large things it comes at great cost and expense in time and resources.

are you serious? stop damage prevention. they literally say that everywhere. the games main advertisement focus is about limitless constructs. there are a couple of videos where they say that. i specifically remember jc saying "the only limit is how much time youre willing to put into it".

what you are saying is a pure lie. they repeadetly everwhere say we can literally build unlimited size objects.

stop lying to me.

Well, limitless considering the amount of work put into it. I believe than you can build the super-bridge connecting multiple planets, or a death star (as they stated in their dev diaries) but the amount of resources you can obtain may be limited. I don't think the server is of unlimited size, at least not yet, so yes, on a certain scale you are limited. I believe they will expand the world as the need arises though, and so in a way it is endless.

are you serious? stop damage prevention. they literally say that everywhere. the games main advertisement focus is about limitless constructs. there are a couple of videos where they say that. i specifically remember jc saying "the only limit is how much time youre willing to put into it".

what you are saying is a pure lie. they repeadetly everwhere say we can literally build unlimited size objects.

stop lying to me.

That what I just said. You can build pretty much whatever or how ever you want but yeah it'll take lots of effort and resource's. This isn't going to be just a sci-fi Minecraft, constructs will take resources to build and resources to maintain. So "limitless" is a bit of poetic license IMO, and not really meant to be taken 100% literal.

didnt they allways say that you can build limitless in size? that was the main point of the whole advertising.

I believe the idea is that core units will be able to be linked together to form one big construct.  Though I am not sure that this was confirmed.  If true then you have core units with limited build area *and* potentially unlimited construct size.  We will see.

I believe the idea is that core units will be able to be linked together to form one big construct. Though I am not sure that this was confirmed. If true then you have core units with limited build area *and* potentially unlimited construct size. We will see.

What I recall was having the smaller cheaper ones with limited sizes but the largest size being unlimited. Cant say that was confirmed or just the plan. However I like the idea of adding more to expand an existing construct later on.