Alpha Team Selection

Ok so I'm kind of confused about the selection of alpha team members that was posted by NQ-Nyzaltar. Are these just random people on the forums who were selected to be given alpha access in addition to people who pledged the minimum of gold or does this not have anything to do with alpha access?

If you back at a sufficient level you are an Alpha team memver, anyone can do this. The Alpha Team Vanguard (ATV) that you saw a list of (100 people ATM) was selected by the devs based on super secret criteria known only to them. Roughly its based on community ineractions, showing youre dedicated and have useful inputs. The ATV gain access to Alpha and beta regardless of monetary backing of the game.

As was stated, they are sort of a focus Alpha group, but still Alpha members the same.

Sadly I don't interact much because I spend all my time playing other Space Games and helping test / provide feedback to them like Empyrion since it's out for me to actually provide feedback and be part of. Though I should social more here I still rather spend my effort doing something. 

Guys, regarding the alpha team, will any of you stream or make some videos about the alpha gameplay or it's not going to be allowed?

I believe they said somewhere that ATV where not allowed to post videos until the public alpha begins.

But don't quot me on that. I might be wrong.

Edit:

"It has been said "between one and two weeks", not "it will be two weeks" . Currently it's more toward one week earlier than two weeks, precisely for NDA purpose. Yes, there will an unofficial NDA during this short period. That's why we would like to avoid let's play videos during this part."

This quot is from the ATV discord but I am not sure where they got it from.

Guys, regarding the alpha team, will any of you stream or make some videos about the alpha gameplay or it's not going to be allowed?

I will likely setup streaming or at least post videos of Alpha game play once allowed. I haven't done it before, but I do get annoyed with lacking or outright misinformation from early access/alpha games. So maybe I will  correct that by streaming DU. 

However, while it has been said they will allow streaming/youtubeing in alpha, it is not clear at what stage. The comment Mefsh posted came from NQ in response to issues regarding ATV, not the Alpha Team as a whole.    I suspect streaming will be allowed during the later stages of alpha when servers are up full time for general game play. 

I would say I doubt there will be a removal of NDA for their phase of the testing.

Their job right now is more testing quite a lot of half implemented features and I feel it would give the wrong impressions. Also once people record/stream they might want to join us. The worst thing is to advertise a bunch of gameplay they can't be part of.

So it would make sense the NDA only gets lifted with the official Alpha starts. 

I would say I doubt there will be a removal of NDA for their phase of the testing.

Their job right now is more testing quite a lot of half implemented features and I feel it would give the wrong impressions. Also once people record/stream they might want to join us. The worst thing is to advertise a bunch of gameplay they can't be part of.

So it would make sense the NDA only gets lifted with the official Alpha starts.

Agreed, I dont think anyone has claimed otherwise. Alpha is alpha, with all alpha backers. The possible 1-2 week ATV seems to be refered to as pre-alpha in some places, and this isnt even confirmed it will happen.

My guess is if it does it will be a test to ensure the alpha launch is working prior to the full closed alpha. Then the first half (3-6 months) would be testing specific aspects of the game at a set tine where the servers are brought online Then after that we could see the servers going on full time with various modules being added in as they are ready to get a better overall game test.

Now this isnt confirmed, and as far as I can tell NQ hasn't decided on a final schedule and system.

Agreed, I dont think anyone has claimed otherwise. Alpha is alpha, with all alpha backers. The possible 1-2 week ATV seems to be refered to as pre-alpha in some places, and this isnt even confirmed it will happen.

My guess is if it does it will be a test to ensure the alpha launch is working prior to the full closed alpha. Then the first half (3-6 months) would be testing specific aspects of the game at a set tine where the servers are brought online Then after that we could see the servers going on full time with various modules being added in as they are ready to get a better overall game test.

Now this isnt confirmed, and as far as I can tell NQ hasn't decided on a final schedule and system.

The whole Alpha team should be renamed to Pre-Alpha or something around those lines to be less misleading to others. 

ATV is under NDA during alpha (and beta, I believe), and only certain YouTubers have the right to stream during this time.

The whole Alpha team should be renamed to Pre-Alpha or something around those lines to be less misleading to others. 

Well this is where the distinction between the Alpha Team and Alpha Team Vanguard comes from. 

ATV is under NDA during alpha (and beta, I believe), and only certain YouTubers have the right to stream during this time.

Has this been confirmed?  I havent seen anywhere where its detailed about when the NDA will be in place vs when it wont. And I certainly haven't seen where streaming will only be limited to a select few. 

Well this is where the distinction between the Alpha Team and Alpha Team Vanguard comes from. 

Has this been confirmed?  I havent seen anywhere where its detailed about when the NDA will be in place vs when it wont. And I certainly haven't seen where streaming will only be limited to a select few. 

Yeah that last part seems a bit evil. Hey guys we wanted to let you know we are going to let a few users stream and or record before EVERYONE else no matter how much you participated or paid into the game. We felt it was better to give them the headstart :P

I'm tiny ass Youtuber and stream here and there as well. But the Alpha Vanguards or whatever already have advantages over us all by learning the game for a week or 2 ahead of us.

Hi there,

Nyzaltar confirmed in private to several ATV members that pre-alpha / ATV-alpha will occur at most 2 weeks before the alpha, maybe less, maybe only a few days, nothing written on stone for now.

Not sure if we were supposed to share this information though (remember that anything may change until the alpha date).

An NDA is indeed expected and information acquired through ATV private charnels should not be shared without NQ validation.

For now, NDA details have not been formalized.

Be patient, alpha is still scheduled in several months ;).

Regards,

Shadow.