Forum Ability

Lights

Ok, we see this happening Very, Very often, and im sure many of us would like a solution.

PROBLEM: Double Posts

SOLUTION: Ability to delete one's own topics, or the ability for mods to do so whenever they are finally welcomed to the forums :)

that's all, have a nice day :D

I made a suggestion on this before in the forums announcement​s thread. No need to allow users to delete posts, all that is needed is a short cooldown after making a post or topic.

I don't think it's just some random network/communication issue, most of the double posts occur with new people making new topics. What I believe happens (which has happened to me on other forums, and I'm sure to other people as well) is you click the "post" button, and it loads for a bit but doesn't look like it's loading. So, you wait a few seconds and then hit "post" again, which causes a duplicate of the topic to be posted.

i also believe peopel should have a right to delete their own posts. but i see this might be reason to delete topics that may piss people off who may have been having a discussion with someone else with it. so maybe the possibility for mods to delete such upon request and review would be best.

Hmm, the other forum I run amock on that uses IP board only allows the post button to be clicked once. Duplicates aren't a problem unless the title and body are copy/pasted intentionally. We must be using a different version here.

I don't think it's just some random network/communication issue, most of the double posts occur with new people making new topics. What I believe happens (which has happened to me on other forums, and I'm sure to other people as well) is you click the "post" button, and it loads for a bit but doesn't look like it's loading. So, you wait a few seconds and then hit "post" again, which causes a duplicate of the topic to be posted.

I agree with this. They should put a warning next to the post button. It would only take a minute to add.

Edit: Never mind just tested it. I spammed it like 10 times and it didn't work.