Novark Citizen Issue

Lights

I would like to talk about the "Novark Citizen" title.

I have no complaints about having one, and think its good to reward active members with titles ETC, but i believe "novark citizen" is a littlebit of a hypocrasy to the lore.

If all of us are allowed to go into the Arkship, and as far as we know so far, no one will be "banned" from entering the Arkship, or its safezone, and all of us came from the Arkship, it would be prudent to assume we are all its Citizens. So why would some members of the arkship not be considered citizens when all of us are "born" in it? 

While i would like the titles to stay, i believe this title should be renamed to better suit the lore.

"Some Peeps Who Got Dragged Into Alpha Vanguard" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

i am talking about the new rank you get when you get past 100 posts. you get a title now when you reach that number names "novark citizen"

You overthink this Lights.

It's probably there for bragging rights of "I've been involved in the coommunity since Novark was the starting Arkship".

If the next Arkship / starting area was on the Arkship Bananboat, the title would be for a person who had 100 post AFTER Bananaboat became the starting area as "Bananaboat Citizen".

yes i know its "bragging rights" but it just doesnt fit in witht he lore. why would all the members who came from the ship not be considered citizens? they arent slaves? everyone has equal rights and opportunities, i just think CITIZEN is the wrong word for the title

I mean it doesn't really matter, its just a title with no real effect other than it being a cosmetic title and I don't think this can be used to discriminate other people, but code's idea is also good to use Senior or Veteran instead if the title of Novark Citizen is really a problem to a lot of people which I don't think it will be, still if you wanna go with pattern then yes Veteran or Senior member can be used.

so far everything DU does implementing mechanics into the game envoles making it lore friendly, so if peopel cann see titles, then those should be lore friendly too

so far everything DU does implementing mechanics into the game envoles making it lore friendly, so if peopel cann see titles, then those should be lore friendly too

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not a big issue. Later titles will involve things "Pony Overlord", so to me, Novark Citizen sounds tame in comparison to some of the things I heard people using as titles in EVE.

yes but those titles are player made, not made by the game itself. if your org wants to call yourselves ranks such as "Level 9 lazer beam overlord" go right ahead, but im talking about the community titles.

It's just a title. I don't think this breaks anything

If the title is allowed to be seen inside the game, it would counter the lore.I believe code's idea of Veteran etc is better than "Citizen" at least when it comes to do with Alioth or the Arkship.

Well.. I could add to this. ;)

I know some disagree to the made up scenario of Homeless. But we came to Alioth on our own. Our ancestors were scientist and engineers working on construction of Arcship. But were lied to and left behind. We have been sent to final mining mission to gather resources. It was deliberate plan to send us away. 

AS you were told, the knowledge of Kyrium was lost... one of our biggest mysteries. Technology that helped us to get here. But our record shows, our ancestors, who were building arc ship knew about it. They knew how to modify our ship and send us to pursuit Archip. They probably were the only ones that knew that technology. Perhaps it was part of the plan to leave people with that knowledge behind. 

Later on when we joined arcship, woke up from cryo sleeps, memory loss, I know some of you could experience longer term effects and become confused. but perhaps you were not on the arcship but we prefer to call ourselves... Homeless

:)

Everyone can make up his own backstory, but yours is just toostretched far stretched and way outside of the lore.

"No no, my ancestors didn't use the eve wormhole to reach new eden, they flew there by themselves"

It's so far outside the lore that it doesn't make sense anymore and none of you should be in alpha or beta, cause those only happen in the novark and not in some random, made up ship by some players.

And lights: you don't even know if those titles are in-game. So take a breath and relax bruh ;)

like i said previously, the players are free to create their own titles and stories, but im talking about the titles setup by the game itself. I find it the same as "Everyone is a member of the club but some arent actually part of that club"

If we all came in one ship and under control of one organisation why we even fighting, why creating organisations to set as apart, like with memory loss we don't even know who we are and where we came from. I found this part less believable to be honest ;)

And our story rely on section Mysteries that is part of Lore Bible. So even far stretched, it's a mystery...

I know it's just a game and Lore Bible as any bible will have many interpretations ;)

If we all came in one ship and under control of one organisation why we even fighting, why creating organisations to set as apart, like with memory loss we don't even know who we are and where we came from. I found this part less believable to be honest ;)

I know it's just a game and Lore Bible as any bible will have many interpretations ;)

It was an org which built it and organized it but that doesn't mean we're all part of them.....

the organizations make more since since different people will have different motives for the new life.and they weren't controlled by one large organization, the organizations just financed the ships construction.

It was an org which built it and organized it but that doesn't mean we're all part of them.....

And after surviving the biggest cataclysm in our history we decided to jump to build separate orgs, divide and conquer and go to war to kill each other... yeah :D

I just hope NASA will never send any of you to Mars with such attitudes :)

And after surviving the biggest cataclysm in our history we decided to jump to build separate orgs, divide and conquer and go to war to kill each other... yeah :D

I just hope NASA will never send any of you to Mars with such attitudes :)

Yeah because it makes perfect sense to compare a game where PvP, wars and arch enemies are a major driving factor for fun and emergent gameplay with real life

Yeap, I said that myself, it's a game. So no point of taking things strict or literal as we can conclude. 

It was my whole point of this little debate :)

Yeap, I said that myself, it's a game. So no point of taking things strict or literal as we can conclude.

It was my whole point of this little debate :)

Well yeah but your story just doesn't make any sense in DU ;)

Well, see you at release then o7