Don't miss the eclipse in 2017!

yamamushi

I've got a good location picked out in KY that is at the exact center of the path if anyone wants to see it and is nearby. 

I just want to see Shadow Snakes!

It's literally a once in a lifetime opportunity, so if you have the opportunity you should travel to a location where you can see it :) 

I watched it in austria 1999 (Oo thought it was 10years ago lol - I'm getting old) and it was a grand show. If you guys have the possibility, go there and watch it. As yama said it's a one in a lifetime oppertunity and you'll miss much if you never see one live.

We had a partial eclipse last year too and I watched it with my telescope - just beautiful and majestic

Ah this brings back memories. I've been planning to find a nice spot for this one since the beginning of this year. It reminds me of the total Lunar Eclipse that I was privileged to see a number of years ago.

Again, if you haven't yet, plan a trip. It is worth your time. 

I'm too close to justify a full travelling trip, not to mention it's on a Monday which is not a day I can travel. Nevertheless, I'll have a good view of a nice crescent sliver of sun at times (wearing eye protection of course and hoping it's not cloudy), so I'll still get a real nice view of it even though it won't be total.

And thanks to the predictability of these bodies, it looks like there will be one even closer to me in a few years, so maybe I could get a better view of that one!

This is to amazing, I wish i could travel to the US when this happens. But I have plans for August already. I wish you a lot of fun! Crossing my fingers, that you will see Shadow Snakes:)

• 2 weeks later...

What's with this "eye-protection" scheme made by the government?

The sun is actually a flat disk of light. And the moon is a projected hologram.

I see the Solar Eclipse about every day, because these huge cotton balls keep flying across the sky.

So yeah! Beat that, Scientists!

What's with this "eye-protection" scheme made by the government?

The sun is actually a flat disk of light. And the moon is a projected hologram.

I see the Solar Eclipse about every day, because these huge cotton balls keep flying across the sky.

So yeah! Beat that, Scientists!

Not another one of you conspiracy theorist. The moon is not a hologram, we've landed on it.

Its a giant hollow alien base used for amplifying and focusing the mind control signals sent from Juipter.

Not another one of you conspiracy theorist. The moon is not a hologram, we've landed on it.

Its a giant hollow alien base used for amplifying and focusing the mind control signals sent from Juipter.

That's the propaganda the Lizard People have indoctrinated you in believing. In fact, there is NO Jupiter.