Mac compatibility

atriumgp

Not at the moment, if enough desire is there... they may look into it.

Just dual boot windows on your Mac... You will be able to play far more games that way.

Ok thank you.

I use for long time macs for durability and security and i hope there will be a native version for mac.

For dual boot it is better than to have a pc, it is less expensive a pc version then but need antivirus installed. Macs don't need.

See what happened with wannacry virus on pc. :)

Ok thank you.

I use for long time macs for durability and security and i hope there will be a native version for mac.

For dual boot it is better than to have a pc, it is less expensive a pc version then but need antivirus installed. Macs don't need.

See what happened with wannacry virus on pc. :)

That was on Windows XP/Vista. Released 10+ years ago.

I mean all OS have their fair shares of viruses. For instance, I have AIDs, is that almost all major OS have at least some kind of virus. And it is very easy to avoid a virus if you know what to do.

Malware Bytes ftw.

Ok thank you all. After thinking boot camp seems to be a very good solution.

For the viruses I have a friend he has 4 antivirus, 3 antiviruses could not stop the virus wanna cry, only the forth. I had never problems with viruses on Mac.

By the way Windows on Mac is for me the best thing. :)

While I can testify Mac OS and Mac product are excellent for actual workload, the OS is terrible at handling gmes - even when optimised fo running on it.

As Hades said, dual boot Windows, it's a better workaround than any Mac version of a game, and since Macs do use Intel Processors, I can't see you having any loss in performance agaisnt a custom-built PC.

Albeit, you may do want to look into the GPU.

*Struggles to hold in dislike for Macs*

In all seriousness though, Macs are not meant for serious gaming. The few people I know who try to use Macs for even fairly simple games have no end of compatibility issues, often leaving them unable to play certain games for weeks at a time while they wait for patches. 

Also, the idea that Macs don't get viruses is a complete myth. Macs can and do get viruses so you should always have some sort of antivirus installed. just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there. 

The reason macs don't get viruses is because less people use it. So why would you make a virus for a OS that statistically less people use? The more users the higher chance your virus will infect something. AKA Make virus for windows.

The main reasons less people use it are proudly the YUGE apple premium you pay, and because its a lot of peoples OPINION that windows is better.

So correction macs do get viruses, it's just rarer. So I would suggest you get a anti virus even if your using mac.

Just a suggestion.

For the topic:

Yes I agree if you need to use mac dual boot windows.

For the viruses I have a friend he has 4 antivirus, 3 antiviruses could not stop the virus wanna cry, only the forth. I had never problems with viruses on Mac.

Wanna Cry is an encryption-based ransomware, right? So I mean...

Your friend's antiviruses aren't going to do anything as they don't have the decryption keys. They'll only uninstall the ransomware but your files are still very well encrypted.

Cybrex/Twerk could probably explain better tbh but you get the point.

Wanna Cry is an encryption-based ransomware, right? So I mean...

Your friend's antiviruses aren't going to do anything as they don't have the decryption keys. They'll only uninstall the ransomware but your files are still very well encrypted.

Cybrex/Twerk could probably explain better tbh but you get the point.

Well they can stop it before it starts encrypting your files.

Am I wrong?

Rather than join the whole "Mac vs Windows" going on right now, I will say that having a boot camp is a nice thing to have on a Mac.  You can do all of your important stuff (purchases, work, that kind of stuff) on the Mac, and then do stuff that isn't very important on the Windows partition.  For example, if you get a virus on the Windows partition, you can scrub it clean and reinstall Windows with your key.  But since you had all your important stuff on your main partition, all is well ^^

Of course, also keep external backups of important things like Photos and other priceless things :)

At the end of the day, it really comes down to preference. Each has its merits in certain categories but as general purpose operating systems they both work well. 

Working with newblogs for a while, I came to the realisation that Mac has its benefits when your job  is writing important letters or articles. It's way above any software existing in Windows.

But that's that. Mac are more professional for the Tertiary Sector - aka desk jobs. Which is why Mac OS are not geared towards games, they are built with another cliente in mind - and 15 yo girls, of course :P 5000 USD Facebook machines.

Working with newblogs for a while, I came to the realisation that Mac has its benefits when your job  is writing important letters or articles. It's way above any software existing in Windows.

But that's that. Mac are more professional for the Tertiary Sector - aka desk jobs. Which is why Mac OS are not geared towards games, they are built with another cliente in mind - and 15 yo girls, of course :P 5000 USD Facebook machines.

Very true. They exceed in artistic and creative things like video and photo editing, and writing. And Facebook lol. 

Any sort of technical workload though and you want to look at either Windows or, even better, Linux.

Very true. They exceed in artistic and creative things like video and photo editing, and writing. And Facebook lol. 

Any sort of technical workload though and you want to look at either Windows or, even better, Linux.

Yeah. Mac have Homebrew for downloading DLLs necessary to even run Lua scripts on them for game engines with C/C++ code. It's not a very optimal OS for serious workload - Intel processors or not.