Multi Monitor Support

Lord_Void

So this is more of a stub than anything worthy of debate.

I just wanted to say that I hope there is support for using multiple monitors and higher resolutions (such as 5760x1080), as well as the FOV and other graphics options that go with it. As far as I can tell, the engine shouldn't have any issue with supporting that, so I don't know why it wouldn't be included. 

Having the game function across multiple monitors allows for the more space to do things, as well as increase the game's immersion. I would hope that the UI would be movable. This would definitely help avoid not being able to see what is going on due to having too many menus open at the same time (I'm looking at you, EVE Online ...).

Considering the game is supposed to support the Oculus Rift, I can't imagine it wouldn't support multiple screens at high resolutions. After all, isn't VR kind of just a giant spherical monitor?

Well Unigine Engine 2 supports up to 8k resolution and VR, so there is every possibility that it will scale well on multi-monitor displays too.

I can't see NQ not including support for it, it's something that a lot of people will find a use for.

Well Unigine Engine 2 supports up to 8k resolution and VR, so there is every possibility that it will scale well on multi-monitor displays too.

I can't see NQ not including support for it, it's something that a lot of people will find a use for.

I'd use multiple monitors to look at the market whilst I place buy/sell orders to make small profits.

I'd use multiple monitors to look at the market whilst I place buy/sell orders to make small profits.

Likewise. Having more real estate to put things would make it easier to multitask. Plus, it makes for a more immersive experience when out walking around

• 4 weeks later...

Also, since many games do not have this feature, I'd like to also request that support be added for the simultaneous multi-projection feature that Nvidia unveiled for the new cards, if possible. It looks very nice and would help support people with multi-monitor setups. Plus, DU may be one of the few games that supports which will be a great draw for some people.

I'm thinking about buying one of these https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/slidenjoy/slidenjoy-double-or-triple-your-screens or https://www.packedpixels.com if they do add multi monitor support

You'll want to make sure your laptop can support gaming on multiple monitors before you buy one of those, if all you're getting it for is to game with. 

I suppose i support this. i just want them to support non VR to begin with. As cool as it is everyone wants to swoop into the VR headset scene, the world itself is lacking in standard pc games to play.

One screen, multiple screens, but im not interested in purchasing a vr headset to play the game. most of the community barely have pcs to run the game let alone extra for a vr set

I suppose i support this. i just want them to support non VR to begin with. As cool as it is everyone wants to swoop into the VR headset scene, the world itself is lacking in standard pc games to play.

One screen, multiple screens, but im not interested in purchasing a vr headset to play the game. most of the community barely have pcs to run the game let alone extra for a vr set

Yeah, I agree. Some games spend so much time targeting high end graphics that even people with average hardware end up getting left behind. 

That said, I'm glad they are planning on having VR support for those who (not me) are willing to get VR. It is the future. Plus having the options available for other high end graphics options would be nice, so long as they make sure the specs remain accessible at the low end too. 

On 6/30/2017 at 2:35 AM, Lord_Void said:

You'll want to make sure your laptop can support gaming on multiple monitors before you buy one of those, if all you're getting it for is to game with. 

Of course, my laptop has both a mini DisplayPort and a Thunderbolt port, although one of them works through USB as well if I'm not mistaken so should work straight away....will have to look into it of course.

4 minutes ago, Shogun said:

Of course, my laptop has both a mini DisplayPort and a Thunderbolt port, although one of them works through USB as well if I'm not mistaken so should work straight away....will have to look into it of course.

In that case you should be fine for connecting them, but I meant look at internal hardware. If you are going to be running the game across the three monitors, that is a lot more pixels to push and requires beefier specs on your laptop. Plenty of laptops could do that fine, but plenty would also struggle with it

I would love having that.

Or something that just recently caught my interest:

Black Desert Online has something called 'Sticker UI' (since a few months). This means that you can take any (or most) UI, and bring it out of the Game.

So you basically can have your Inventory open on your second Monitor while the Game runs on your first Monitor. It really is handy.

1 hour ago, Inasyah said:

I would love having that.

Or something that just recently caught my interest:

Black Desert Online has something called 'Sticker UI' (since a few months). This means that you can take any (or most) UI, and bring it out of the Game.

So you basically can have your Inventory open on your second Monitor while the Game runs on your first Monitor. It really is handy.

This is what I would want it for, to be honest, having UI/stats/chat showing at all times. Not bothered about the game actually running on it, just de-clutter the playing screen

• 1 month later...

There are many things that permit one to use multiple monitors on games that do not natively support it. So if it did, or did not, I do not think really matters.

What I mean by this, is there is software and hardware that exists out there, which turns let's say 16 monitors, into effectively just one. I think both AMD and Nvidea have something built in, buyable, or downloadable that does this.

I hope my opinion helped, have a great day!