Golden Fox Corporation [GFC]

Golden Fox Corporation is now changing its name into Golden Fox Division: https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/golden-fox-division

This organization is currently closed. A new forum thread for the Golden Fox Division will be created soon. 

logo_450x450_by_shynras-dbcxf3t.png

The Golden Fox Corporation is a small-medium sized international organization. 

Our focus is PVP and our goals will be anything related to that, specifically:

-Research and development of high quality military designs

-Research and development of high quality logistic designs

-Production of said designs

-Production/selling of assets to give the organization a solid economy structure

-Mercenary jobs

-A small scout section for PVP purposes.

-Eventually a small mining section to guarantee a stable influx of resources

You don't need to PVP all day to join us, just to participate to the group events we'll organize.  

Everyone is free to enjoy his free time the way he wants.

As already said, we plan to be a small-medium sized group, to ensure a friendly environment where everyone knows everyone else.  

We believe in quality > quantity, our players will be subject to tests and training, to maximize coordination and efficiency.

We do plan on joining a larger alliance to participate in the largest battles in the game, still mantaining a certain level of independence. 

We're looking for mature friendly players willing and capable of playing in a team. Discord (voice) is required for group events.

Our official language is of course english. 

For more informations, Pm me or check future posts that will be more specific on certain arguments. You can find me on the Discord community channel too. 

Golden Fox Corporation. Why golden? Why fox? Why corporation?

logo.png?timestamp=1496577511129

There are indeed many reasons that led us to choose that specific name, that is the results of many ideas and thoughts. Indeed personal preference is one of them, but is not just that. 

The first rule that we set for us, was to conceive something original, without taking games or other stuff as a reference. As much as I wanted to call this organization "Evil Snails of Death", the name had to be appreciable by everyone, so there was some limits anyway.

The second rule was to design it with a concrete object in mind, easy to remember, able to give the organization a clear identity, something that could give us ideas and inspiration to design our constructs and logo. It was at this point that we decided to go for an animal. 

We love strategy, to trick our opponents, to play smart. Usually, Wolf means ferocity, Bear means strength and endurance, Deer means beauty, ... . A Fox is what I think represent us best, so that's the reason. We could have gone with other "smart" animals, but we just felt that a Fox was more appropriate and appreciable by everyone. 

The reason we went for "Corporation" instead of "empire", "nation", "alliance",... it's rather simple: we want our organization to be small-medium sized, so "corporation" fits the role better. 

Finally, the "Golden" word symbolize our committment into the economy in DU. GFC is a PVP guild, with a strong focus on production of assets to support that. PVP is also something we do for an economic purpose. Other than that, it's a nice colour for a fox and for our constructs colour scheme. 

Good luck with your new org!

If I may provide some constructive criticism: you seem to have a bit of conflicting intentions in the first post. You say you are a PvP group but are not specialized, but isn't a PvP group specialized for PvP? You also mentioned you aim to be a small to medium group yet aim to have in house mining, manufacturing and design sectors. Those are all good ideas but some of them seem a bit at odds with each other.

Again, good luck and I wish you great success :) this org sounds like a valuable addition to the community .

Good luck with your new org!

If I may provide some constructive criticism: you seem to have a bit of conflicting intentions in the first post. You say you are a PvP group but are not specialized, but isn't a PvP group specialized for PvP? You also mentioned you aim to be a small to medium group yet aim to have in house mining, manufacturing and design sectors. Those are all good ideas but some of them seem a bit at odds with each other.

Again, good luck and I wish you great success :) this org sounds like a valuable addition to the community .

You're not the first asking me this question, so I guess I'll need to find a way to make my OP less confusing xD. 

When I says that we are a PVP group, I mean that we're looking for direct engagements (wars, battles, security contracts, bounties contracts, skirmish and so on). Those will be group events that we'll plan and organize, but I don't think it'll be all day long or every day, it depends on the situation. When there's no group PVP event planned, our players are free to do what they want (contracts, mining, pvp on their own, and so on) as long they're not breaking GFC's rules.

Most of the corporation's efforts (taxes, contracts, ...) will go towards creating a solid base to let us be competitive in PVP, as a small, efficient and well organized elite group. Even if PVP is our main goal, we need builders, coders, scouts and a bunch of other people that don't necessarily specialize in PVP directly, that's why I'm saying we're not specialized in one specific branch, we still need people with different careers.

We'll create a mining, exploration or other sections depending on how important will those activities be in the final game. I can't say for sure there'll be enough resources on the market to buy at a fair price, expecially the first months of release, because we don't know how mining and resources needs will be balanced. I can't say for sure if PVP will require a strong exploration section to find your targets, because we don't know how the "spotting players" mechanics will work. We'll open a section for each branch we'll feel it's needed to PVP competitively. Chances are that'll find third parties for that (that's my intention), but I can't say for sure they'll be enough to support our needs or if'll need a mining section anyway for whatever reason depending on the final game balance. 

We want indeed our group to be small-medium in size, and if we'll be too many to manage and provide a friendly and confortable environment for our players, we'll split in different modules with different leaderships, levels of indipendence, coordination, information sharing and so on, managed by a central government. 

Colous style of assets is a big part of an organization identity.

Golden Fox Corporation [GFC] will feature a large number of designs, for a variety of roles:

-Military mobile constructs of any size

-Logistic mobile constructs for military purposes

-Security transport ships

-Military outposts

-Research and development laboratories

-Storage and production facilities

-A few exceptional vehicles

Our colour scheme, that'll use to characterize our constructs is the following (only the constructs owned by GFC will be subject to this, you can paint and design your private constructs the way you like):

q7ZFO2g.png

-Dark BlueGray and White are the main colours and we'll use those to paint most of our ships surface. 

-Gold is a secondary colour, it represents the Fox

-Red is for decorations.  

Depending on the specific construct, its shape and purpose, we'll decide how to compose them on a case by case basis. 

Special constructs or assets may not be subject to those rules, at least not stricly.

Looks great Shynras, exciting days for your organisation, and it is good to see you are always trying to improve the state of things :)

Ty, I'm confident I'll reach my goals fully, there's a lot of time before release  ;)

Good Luck Shynras!  Awesome logo, BTW :wub:  Best org logo I've seen so far!

That's what I thought as well! Nice work, and best of luck!

Thank you, I've spent quite some time drawing different ones, so I'm glad you like it. If you look at my avatar, that's actually my first try  ^_^

Colour is important indeed, but what about shape? Should we go with straight linescubesspherestriangles, or something else?

Well, the real question is: what should define our constructs shape? PVP indeed. We aim to be competitive, shape is defined by what can give us an advantage in combat. Does that mean we'll pilot cubes of voxels if those prove to be like 1% more effective? Well, not really, the eye wants its part :)

On the aesthetic side, the Golden Fox is, even for shape, something to take inspiration from.

Of course, we don't know yet how much shape will influence ship performance, but if it's feasible, this on a general note, is the basic idea:

PROTOTYPE1.png

Our military ships will heavily use wings and fins, pointy/flat structures and triangles to grant them an aggressive look. This change, depending on size, for a battleship you can imagine something similar to a Kerl battleship from Star Wars. (The image shows a basic civilian ship for short-range travels, and a early concept of an embassy.)

Our mobile shields and balistic doors (when pistons and rotors will be added) will have our logo displayed on. All our ships will have our logo displayed on the front (simplified in case of smaller ships). There's indeed a reason our logo is "V shaped", and made so that it can be easily sculpt with voxels. 

A few special ships may break those "rules", and have a custom look. I'll try to release a few concepts in the future, maybe not the inside of our secret bases though (Spies! Spies everywhere!) :P

I think ship design should more-so focus on "royal futuristic". Wings should be engraved with patterns, yet sleek.

Possible have the ships focus on speed, shielding, and partial cloaking (such as cloaking main components as to confuse people where to shoot) and of course focus easily mass-produceable ship parts for easy repairments and more specialized ships for certain jobs, possibly modular.

Just my little share on the "small-crafts" section.

• 2 weeks later...